Discussion » Beauty & Fashion » Hilarious, Offensive? Girls must have white sk

• A.w
    A.w wrote:
    <p><iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KIUQ5hbRHXk" frameborder="0" width="425" height="350"></iframe></p> <p>"The obstacle to obtaining my dream job was my skin" <br /><br />This is an ad broadcasted in the Middle East to make brown skin become white.</p> <p>一白遮三丑呀~~~...没辙~</p> <p>More Tan, more Healthy!</p>
  • Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

I think it's easy to think of this stuff as racist, but it's classist. Pale skin is a sign of status in countries where the poor still toil on the land and being tanned shows you work outside, and so are of lower worth. In "The West" (whatever that means), poor people are stuck inside manning the service industry all day and can't afford to go abroad and lounge around in the sun. Having a tan shows you have money and time to go on holiday and lounge in the sun, and thus have higher worth.

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

+1 Keran.

People should just be a litle tan though. Over-exposure to sun causes skin wrinkles and is the reason 30 year old caucasian girls look 12 years older than their Asian counterparts.

• Yuki
    Yuki wrote:

How come you look so good? ----Sunkissed Tanning Studio

Make  you look healthy all yr round~~~ :) 

Address:  65 Wudaoying hutong, lama temple, Beijing.

• Virgil W
    Virgil W wrote:

@ Kieran, wow that inside outside BullSh;+ makes no sense.Sorry , the bluntness is necessary. Theoretical intelligence is genius in a theoretical sense.We are all real, living and breathing  ,warm farting subjects of this unexplained theroy.

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Virgil, wtf are you talking about? Tan skin has been associated with lower class for centuries in classist countries.

• Stig Grindaker

I like the Tan skin!!!!

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

Yeah, it was pretty much only the 60s/70s that being tan became good in developed nations

• Virgil W
    Virgil W wrote:

@ Momming,I'm just saying that it's stereotypical and since I have a permanent tan I can add some realism to Kerian's response. As you said it Has been associated with the lower class for centuries yet there are many people who get New Year money everyday that are naturally tan more and more in those very countries .These individuals do not work outside and many are their own bosses.

But, I argee with your point just not this one,"In "The West" (whatever that means), poor people are stuck inside manning the service industry all day and can't afford to go abroad and lounge around in the sun. Having a tan shows you have money and time to go on holiday and lounge in the sun, and thus have higher worth"~ Big Brother Kerian.

• Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

yea its a fashionable thing I guess. but look what happened to our dear departed friend Michael Jackson.

be happy with what you have. and don't fuck with nature.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.