Discussion » Beijing Life » Hotspot shield 游览器

• Jyj
    Jyj wrote:

Y hotspot shield is not working for me now?

is it because I lied when I was 17

I just format my laptop and instell hotspot shield but it doesnt work,

whenever I wanna connect that, it's always "connecting"

I delate and download again, same....

couldn't login to facebook for weeks!

is there anybody using it or know why is it like this?

Is it working for you well thesedays? or you're having same prob..help......

• 外交猫
    外交猫 wrote:

Hotspot Shield isn't working for anyone anymore.  It's because the Chinese government cracked down on many VPNs last month because they were nervouse about the democratic revolutions in the Middle East and didn't want any Chinese people getting any ideas about copying those movements.  So when some Chinese started spreading around a certain "J" word, the Communist Party went to work overtime at shutting Chinese people off from the outside world and the news and information that the rest of us get to see.  They don't want Chinese people to be able to communicate with each other without the government censoring things. 

Weaker VPNs like Hotspot Shield never had a chance.  Only the VPNs with people working full time to defeat the Chinese government can find ways around the new barriers. If you want to get on Facebook reliably, go home.  You're lucky, you're from a normal, healthy, well-adjusted, mature country.  China is non of these things.

• Tina
    Tina's猫 wrote:

and i have to bring it up again,because of the restriction here,my vpn company had to refund my payment since it was not working .....

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

pro-tip: don't pay for a vpn, pay for a server and set up your own vpn on it.

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

I've got a korean VPN, it's just fantastic!

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

LOL Ethan. I'm just curious, why is this website still running without DeMola here to delete everything? Is it because the powers that be don't read English?

• 外交猫
    外交猫 wrote:

Yeah, if I was writing this stuff in Chinese I'm sure WLIB would be in big trouble by now. 

• Sasha 莎莎 Wang

proxpn - best VPN out there.

free and fast.

• №❶ Passioη

I agree with Jesson... I just wanna add that this version behaves differently on differently configured platforms.. (service pack and .net framework)...

If you're using windows OS + if this is very important to you, rDo "System Restore" to the time when your hotspot sheild was still working. if this solves the problem, disable "automatic windows update", you're done

• Aldir
    Aldir wrote:

I use freegate710p, its the latest version. Everytime there's a new version, I download it.. and its pretty fast and easier than hotspotshield :)

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

you are righ, 710p is really great, I like it. And it costs not much if u wanna buy

• Aldir
    Aldir wrote:

U dont need to buy it, its totally free!! :D

• MaX(Rida-b)
    MaX(Rida-b) wrote:

Greetings a great vpn service with chinese version and support for a reallt good price, it works fast!!! check this one out www.wailuvpn.com

• Patrick Coleman

dont talk all your proxy here IT WILL BE BLOCKED. STOOP ID!!!!

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.