Discussion » Chinese Language & Culture » Which culture is more outstanding between oriental

• BoSi Wang
    BoSi Wang wrote:

Many and many people said they hope our education focus on interest and innovation like western country. Oppositely western country start learning peaceful part of oriental culture. But which culture is more outstanding? In my option,  we cannot say which culture is more outstanding. Western culture pay more attention to problems they currenly faced. Oriental culture hope we have a big picutre like became a great scientist, general etc when we were children. So for success,  western culture is better to comply with the development of current society.

• pommie
    pommie wrote:

The culture of the WLIB forum is outstanding

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Oriental culture! Harmonious society! Erection of Confucious statue is outstanding.

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

No Oriental culture and not western culture. There's not any culture that is superior to any other.

• Rebecca Arnesen

he said erection

• Simen Wangberg

Oriental culture and Western culture are making efforts to increase the efficiency of their bilateral strategic cooperative relationship. Cultural officials from both sides will enhance their cooperation and establish a mechanism for the further development of strategic bilateral ties. 

FML

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... I was tempted to say a mix, and then, sadly, yesterday I discovered that there is no need to mix ...

On the CA flight from BJ to GZ, we were seated in the "foreigner zone" ... on the right asile, we had two European-speakers (sorry, cannot be too sure what language, but it is definitely not Eng nor French), playing with a Nokia most of the way, the music was quite loud, and half the time the guy was singing  along, quite badly actually ...

On the left, we had two little blond kids playing with their iPad, until landing, i.e. including the time AFTER the announcement to stop using electronics equipment when landing ...

Stupid question ... is it safe to actually switch on electronics during take-off and/or landing? furthermore, is it safe to turn on the mobile, flight mode or otherwise, during the flight?

• 王经纬
    王经纬 wrote:

No doubt the US one is outstanding??

see those aircraft carriers and bombs ^^……

• 王经纬
    王经纬 wrote:

Can u see who is dedicated to protect human rights and  justice internationally, I vote for them

• Tina
    Tina's猫 wrote:

i feel it's ridiculous to compare,the different culture achieved different contribution to their societies and ppl,maybe it could be discussed from this point

• BoSi Wang
    BoSi Wang wrote:

What's contribution of western culture?

• くり
    くり wrote:

i"

1.Rosary(christian prayer beads)roots back to Islam and not to  Christianity

2.Tea (China)

3.Western Chess game(first India, then Iran, then middle east, then Europe)

4.percussion instruments (Africa)

5.Bells (china)
    6.Potatoes, Cocoa beans,Tomatoes,mais &

• くり
    くり wrote:

7. Pottery (China)

8.Austrian Strudel (Turkey)

9.Peaches (Iran)

10. Christianity (Middle East)
    11.Strings Instruments (Iraq and Arab world ) 

12.Ice cream Arab world

13,the technique of Inlaying (Arab world

14. Numbers (India and then  the Arab World) 

15. Noodles (China)

16. Sandwich(China)
    17. Paper (China)

18. Some Classic of western Literature such as: Divina Commedia, Decameron and
     The Canterbury Tales (Islamic Influence);
    19. Beer (the Mesopotamia,now called Iraq

• くり
    くり wrote:

20. kung fu (india then china)

21.Shanghai's Shikumen (GB)

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

General Tsao's Chicken (USA) ^ ^

• Virgil W
    Virgil W wrote:

Both are strong.

What I like about China:

Women with intelligence.

Hot women with intelligence

Good but strong wines...cough... Cough

Wonderful Culture

My brothers (In general)

My sisters... Also a generalization

Food is awesome

A people that have worked as a whole to get it in.

Diversification –make that money

Fish…seafood…Did I mention fish or Chinese food?

WELIVEINBEJING.comz

And May Days

So happy holidays .

Home…this is home.

What I like about the U.S.: Same damn things…

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

It doesn't make sense for a man to PROUDLY devalue the culture of his own country to be simply  consumerism and masscult, huh?

• Virgil W
    Virgil W wrote:

@ Captin American , have some Saki (_).... I mean maybe you should just chillax.

@Zack: It was from one brother to another.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.