Discussion » Nonsense » The Kill Team

• The War
    The War wrote:

How U.S. soldiers in Afghanistan murdered innocent civilians and mutilated their corpses – and how their officers failed to stop them. Plus: an exclusive look at the war crime photos censored by the Pentagon.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Shit. I thought this thread was about Warhammer 40k.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

The Stone, on one of the perpetrators:

"Before the military found itself short of troops in Afghanistan and Iraq, Morlock was the kind of bad-news kid who the Army might have passed on. He grew up not far from Sarah Palin in Wasilla, Alaska; his sister hung out with Bristol, and Morlock played hockey against Track. Back in those days, it seemed like he was constantly in trouble: getting drunk and into fights, driving without a license, leaving the scene of a serious car accident."

This is what the end of an empire looks like. Lawless people are charged with bringing the law to people they look down on as uncivilized and subhuman. I can hardly even blame the soldiers who did this, because ultimately it comes down to them joining the Army to escape a life of poverty and desperation. This is proles shooting proles. And since Americans have the luxury of democracy, the real criminals are the citizens who permit the government to send our wretched refuse to far corners of the globe to kill "savages".

If it weren't for the OP's previous comments disparaging Kazakhs and Tajikhs as uncivilized peasants, perhaps we could believe that his motivations in posting this were more noble than a petty nationalistic piss-take at Pax Americana. But fuck it! Rolling Stone is the only American publication with the, ahem, stones to print the brutal truth about American foreign policy and the banking system. It's good shit and recommended reading for Americans and people who yearn to understand American culture.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

How soon we forget: What makes life interesting? Re: your fellow countrymen complaining about people from Kazakhstan and Tajikstan. Rather than setting them straight for obvious racism, you said this:

You said: "Does your dormitory have students from US, UK or France? If yes, you can ask them for help next time. As we can see, these nations perfectly know how to deal with Middle East.) So, their skills will be useful also for KZ and TJ."

And when I called y'all out on it, you made some ignorant wisecracks about my nationality without taking a step back and looking at the shit on your feet.

I'm waiting for you to dissociate yourself by your comments by claiming it was sarcasm even though you obviously lack such faculties.

I don't know how many times I have to tell you this, but I got sharper anti-war chops than the average American. In 2003, I marched on Washington as part of the largest demonstration since the Vietnam war. Granted that isn't much to brag about, as I haven't been involved in any hands-on political organizing myself, but it certainly makes your constant accusations that I'm in support of American military activities a little fucking ridiculous.

"Or you still continue your favorite American politics tradition to blaim everyone without any proofs?"

As I said, "the real criminals are the citizens who permit the government to send our wretched refuse to far corners of the globe to kill 'savages'." I'm blaming Americans. Goddamn. You're as dense as the depleted uranium munitions we used in Iraq and the Balkans, and twice as toxic.

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

How does the military not understand that 99% of the people willing to join the military are the last people who the military should accept?

Christ, these fucking inbred hicks become America's ambassadors overseas.

Maybe we should just stop invading countries?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

It almost makes us washed up asshole ESL teachers look like wise and cultured scholarly officials by comparison.

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

ewww...they must be japs from 70 years ago

• Mari Vidste
    Mari Vidste wrote:

Well, you'll get no American exceptionalism or patriotic verve out of me, but I can say while Dando was marching on Washington I was saying 'Always be pro-war!" in my social circle to be funny because I knew it didn't matter what the fuck I said and because peacenicks, regardless of their superior virtue and wisdom, make me ill.

As for this article in Rolling Stone, which I read with extreme interest and fascination, I can only say: huh? that's it?

Because in fact the so-called "Kill Team" and its Luciferian leaders masterminded exactly two measly kills and then snipped the pinky fingers off of the corpses. Put in context of the history of war crimes, this is absolutely NOTHING, and far from lives up to the hype of the 'Kill Team' headline and 'mutilated corpse' sub-header. Now of course, now that the truth is out, those guilty soldiers who killed the innocents should be taken to Afghanistan and handed over to the villagers to do what they would, but this story is about soldiers in a time of low-morale, in a highly frustrating war situation. No one should be shocked by this story.

I also applaud Rolling Stone for this kind of in-depth reporting. The RS reporter embedded in Irag wrote an amazing piece years ago. This one was also fascinating. But here the writer understands the actions of these soldiers one-dimensionally as 'killing for sport' and at times sounds too moralistic and naive. In the end I had the feeeling that there is a larger dynamic to the actions of these soldiers that the reporter did not delve deep enough to understand.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Conan, the peacenik scene will continue to nauseate all of us as long as we continue to abide the existence of white kids with dreadlocks. I mean, come the fuck on. That sort of thing makes me want to sprinkle voodoo zombie dust on Bob Marley and sic him on those hippies, but even zombies know that vegans taste fucking awful.

Constantine, I fail to see the link to that and the Libya situation. Actually, I fail to see a lot of links people are making regarding the Libya situation, especially the oil one. It's too simple an answer. Even now, a lot of rednecks back home are very disappointed that US presence in the Middle East hasn't brought gas prices any lower.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.