Discussion » Chinese Language & Culture » What do you think about the concept of 团购?

• Lao Lee
    Lao Lee wrote:
    <p>What do you think about the concept of 团购?</p> <p>Im not sure I can translate this well as my english sucks... but it is the concept of seperating and selling a group discount for a variety of services / products....</p> <p>This seems to be coming ever more popular in China with more than a few new tuangou websites popping up..... Any thoughts?... positive or negative</p>
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... but, this is not only in China ... e.g. Groupon.com is actually an US company but only recently arrived in China ... I would like to think of it as an alternative of wholesale supermarkets like Aldi ... we are actually worried that if we are used to such level of cost, we cannot easily adjust when we go back to Sydney, heehee ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... we mainly look for "cheap eats", and anything that looks unbelievably cheap are considered, however, most "cheap eats" are not too conveniently located and we have to skip them ...

What you said is likely ... like when people seem to buy more un-usable things from online purchase than actual shopping ... because it is now even cheaper ...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.