Discussion » Beijing Life » Do u like BEIJING..? If YES then what do u LIK

• Love
    Love wrote:
    <p><span style="color: #ff00ff;"><strong>Do u like BEIJING..? If YES then what do u LIKE most..? so if not then why NOT....?</strong></span></p>
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:

No because of transport, air quality, work quality, and the rich peasants

Yes because it's easy to meet people and find new things to do, and I could live there my whole life and never know the whole city.

• Xiao
    Xiao wrote:

Yes!!! Because if there's so many reasons why I don't like it, I would have moved away.

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

@莫明, 对对  the rich peasants driving SUVs like their old tractors

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahahaha ... Adolfo ... obviously, you dont know half of it ... some of them could be selling national treasures, known as "apartments", or "polluted" (or poisoned) pork ... so they are not peasants, just filthy rich people ...

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

@叮噹叔叔 hahaha ok :D  nooo wait!!!! -apartments-!!!!!!! now you have reminded me the fucking estate agencies bufffff mierda people!!!!!!!, all day cheating the foreigners, to the last puta agent, I had to give him 红包 for get back my deposit. Joder, they are even worst than ----- censored----  !!!!  I cast an evil eye on them O_=

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahahaha ... AM ... as the old saying goes: you dont write, you dont call ... but, a promise is a promise, it is always here ...

Adolfo ... I think the saying is that money does not discriminate ... so I am sure these cheating agents dont discriminte, and in fact a lot of locals are suffering similar fate as you said ...

• Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

oh joy. another bash beijing thread. ok

1. Lousy pollution

2. Heavy dust

3. Overprices legos uhmmm housing

4. cramped subways

5. the shittiest traffic ive ever seen. Not even New York can touch this.

6. Too many foreigners.

7. Too many foreigners.

8. Did i mention, too many foreigners?

• Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

there are no bulls in beijing.

only dogs and cats.

mao shi

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

@ tuco  yep, too many 老外 and 老外地 

• Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

I can only imagine it about 10-12 years ago.

Mr Wang was thinking "My god, look! A foreigner. There goes the neighborhood"

• Rombinson Luo
    Rombinson Luo wrote:

what is crazy in beijing to make you like here? 

• Claude Tsai
    Claude Tsai wrote:

Yes, I like almost everything about Beijing, especially it's very convenient because the roads are straight and people in Beijing dont speak shanghai hua. I was totally lost in Shanghai.

No, the old north wind.

• Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

i stand corrected.

REALLY BAD POLLUTION

and

too many foreigners.

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

Yes. The safest place I've lived. Cheap  and very convenient transportation system(Much better than London and India, the Philippines or Jakarta)

No the weather and the cost.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahahaha ...

Tuco ... you must have been to Hong Kong or Thailand, right? In terms of percentage, the foreign population over there are even higher ...

Yes ... most things are cheap

No ... everything else ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... I said "most things" ... I had already excluded housing above ... :)

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... that's why I am not good enough to be an English teacher in Beijing ... the five years had definitely not helped ...

• Stephanie Xu
    Stephanie Xu wrote:

yes , coz it s my Hometown .

no , sooooooooooooo many people come to  here , living here .  Crowd !

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Beijing has a solid public transportation system. People complaining about getting around in this city must resent sharing a bus with peasants. I don't even read Chinese and I find the bus and subway systems to be very easy to navigate.

Then again, I'm from motherfucking Michigan, where we allowed the automotive companies to put their greasy hands in our urban planning, enabling sprawl that is absolutely insurmountable without private transportation. Perhaps my standard of convenient public transportation is lower than most.

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Uhh... The guy above me is from 'murka.

Beijing public transportation is awesome compared to most American cities, but when compared to the capital of any country that's not bass fucking ackwards, it still leaves a lot to be desired. Just look at neighboring capitals. Taipei, Seoul, Hong Kong, Tokyo... maybe we can exclude Bangkok because the subway and skyrail there are specifically for foreigners and twice as expensive as cabs, but everywhere else has better public transport than Beijing.

What's to complain about the cost of housing in Beijing? Sure it's recockulous if you wanted to buy a flat, but just don't buy a flat. The rental rates are extremely low in comparison to the inflated resale rates. Sure there is a lack of quality rental housing, but it's much cheaper than London or any of the neighbors.

1.Buy a small villa in the US for 3M CNY;

2.Rent it out for 20,000 CNY per month;

3.Rent a flat in PEK for 5,000 CNY per month that the owner paid 3M CNY for;

4.Profit!

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

ahhh, damn it, how do you know my plan, Moming!

But I have a better plan, which is way more complex and it does't even require an initial investment. Won't tell you, ha

• Simen Wangberg

"What's to complain about the cost of housing in Beijing?"

Ahhhhhh. Yes, buying a flat is a ridiculous proposition. But rent has been shooting up too - and not just for nice ones. A friend of mine dropped half a year of rent on a place, and inquired about paying even more in advance - up to two years.

But the landlord wouldn't have it. Her reason? She'll be able to rent it for twice as much in just a year. She wouldn't let him sign a two-year contract.

Even in the short time I've been here, and with my limited knowledge of the real estate market in Beijing, I've seen rents go up and floor space go down. The flat I have now is probably about half the size of my last place, but I'm paying 80% of my previous place's rental cost. My current place is also a little farther from the center of the city than my previous place, and doesn't have as many cool features or amenities. I guess that's nit-picking, but still.

I can't speak for other cities or locations in Beijing outside of the 5th ring - I know it's way cheaper up in 回龙观 and some other spots. But rent in Beijing seems to be going up faster than I would like.

I won't even get started on taking the subway during rush hour. Taking the bus is usually more favorable, but traffic down by 新街口 is a mess and it takes almost as long as doing the Xizhimen Transfer Triathlon.

Traffic and rent, dudes. Other than those two things, Beijing is pretty dope.

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

5th ring? Unless it's next to the office, I can't imagine living outside 3rd ring. The fact is, rents can't go up much unless salaries go up, because only people who don't care about saving money (rich people or foreigners) will pay higher rents, and there's just not enough of them. The 10 million people who are in Beijing to save money to take to their village by living in shitty conditions and living in Tongzhou can't get much further out from the city, so something's got to give.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Yeah, I suppose I should confess that besides being a yankee, the only other international city where I've used mass transit is Bangkok.

I guess I set the bar a little low.

• Marlene Gagnum

I do not like rainning,so I like Beijing;I do not like waste so many times on the road,so sometimes I don't like here~

• Cloud Woo
    Cloud Woo wrote:

i like BeiJing so much, even now i only have a small house in 胡同,but i really really like it !

• Cice Liao
    Cice Liao wrote:

i always complain many thing about beijing..but when i go away i will miss beijing...maybe i use to live here

• BoSi Wang
    BoSi Wang wrote:

I like beijing. Because I was born in Beijing and it is my hometown.I like beijing people, beijing language and beijing's buildings.

• Peter S 李贝勒

Wrong sides : Pollution, traffic jam, corruption, dictatorship and for me as a musician low level of musicians and more than ever low level of creation. China is the country of copy not of creation. (for sure have exceptions, but very few)

Good sides : easy jobs, beautiful girls, night life, low prices (and believe me, i m living in Paris and i really think that rents in Beijing are really cheap)

And about the public transportation system, if i compare Beijing to Paris, i think that Paris is more convenient but Beijing have a really lower price! In Beijing, because of the traffic jam and the pollution they should more develop the subway and decrease the number of bus. They did and effort on this way but that s really not enough.

Oh and last thing about China, We all know that it s a long time that China forgot the communism, now it s a capitalism dictatorship. Few people have a lot of money when the base is starving and have nothing. This base is really close to slavery. One day all this poor people will really fed up, and when u have nothing, u have nothing to lose and u just can fight for Ur freedom, and equality of chances for u and Ur children...

• Peter S 李贝勒

Wrong sides : Pollution, traffic jam, corruption, dictatorship and for me as a musician low level of musicians and more than ever low level of creation. China is the country of copy not of creation. (for sure have exceptions, but very few)

Good sides : easy jobs, beautiful girls, night life, low prices (and believe me, i m living in Paris and i really think that rents in Beijing are really cheap)

And about the public transportation system, if i compare Beijing to Paris, i think that Paris is more convenient but Beijing have a really lower price! In Beijing, because of the traffic jam and the pollution they should more develop the subway and decrease the number of bus. They did and effort on this way but that s really not enough.

Oh and last thing about China, We all know that it s a long time that China forgot the communism, now it s a capitalism dictatorship. Few people have a lot of money when the base is starving and have nothing. This base is really close to slavery. One day all this poor people will really fed up, and when u have nothing, u have nothing to lose and u just can fight for Ur freedom, and equality of chances for u and Ur children...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.