Discussion » Employment Opportunities » GREAT PAY for native English speaker as tutor of t

• Tianzhu
    Tianzhu wrote:
    This is posted for some friend. The email address is not mine.

Do you want to experience Chinese family life?
    Do you to make more nice Chinese friends?
    Do you want to learner Chinese language and culture while get a nice pay?
    To get all these and more, you only need to spend several hours of your spare time to stay together with two Chinese families.
    If you are a native English speaker and an international student, there could be a great opportunity for you. There are two great Chinese families who want to find a foreign teacher, more like friend, for their adorable girls. They are all very nice and well-educated Chinese. So this will be a good chance for you to get to know Chinese family and Chinese culture better. What’s more, the girls’ parents can even become your future business partners. The only thing you need to do is just to accompany the two lovely girls for some time and teach them some simple English or something about your culture. For more details, we can discuss it later.
    If you are interested, please send email to xxjiang2008@yahoo.cn.

你想了解中国家庭生活吗?
    你想多交友好的中国朋友吗?
    你想在学汉语和中国文化的同时还可以得到报酬吗?
    ……
    你只需要花很少的业余时间就可以得到所有这些!
    如 果你是来自英语国家的留学生,这对你将是一个了解中国文化,体验中国家庭生活的机会。有两位非常友好的家长想为她们可爱的女儿找一名外国朋友。你只需要偶 尔陪可爱的女孩玩儿一下,教一些简单的英语或者讲一点你们国家的文化。这段和中国家庭相处的经历,可能会帮助你以后更好地与中国人交流。相信我,你们会成 为非常好的朋友,而且会留下中国留学的美好回忆。中国人讲究缘分,有缘的话女孩的父母甚至可能成为你将来的生意伙伴!有关具体的细节,你们可以再议。
    如果你对中国家庭或者文化感兴趣的话,请发邮件到 xxjiang2008@yahoo.cn。期待你的来信!

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

giggity giggity!

Dear Ms, I am the speaking of natives English. It would be humblest of honorings if tutor these nubile young girls I might. My expectation of salaries is 29 Rp. Is possible? Awaiting answer!

• Ekki
    Ekki wrote:

can you learner me the english also?

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Ekki, is nubile? If yes, I happily learn you the natives English!

Godfather, color is not matter. What matter is I am perfect speaker of most excellent English! I teaching very cool the best popular English.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahahaha ... two questions:

1. how old are these girls?

2. does this actually sound like a pimp ad?

• Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

wow you guys are brutal! :)

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

From seeing quite a few English teachers in my time, I have to say that Lee made a good point. People who actually do want to teach are tired of wasting their time contacting people for more information and going to interviews only to find that in fact the 'great offer' actually wants a 40 hour commitment for 8000 RMB a month. It seems like there are hundreds of ads like this per day on the Beijinger, so it's easier to smash it than to explain what we don't like about it.

In general, a 'real' job posting should contain at least as much information as a resume does. If it's in China, it should contain the salary expectation too.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... 莫明 ... I have not visited ChinaHR.com for a long time, but other than the "vacancy notices" at fast food joints such as KFC, I dont recall seeing any "employment ad" in China with salary expectation ... is this a common practice in US?

I think, in general, the details of the job posting should be made attractive, but not exaggeratedly colorful, which, unfortunately, seems to be what had happened here ...

Tianzhu and Estella ... for serious business, the writing should be practical, but not too colorful ...

• Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

Tianzhu: You don't need to apologise. Any threads related to English teaching on this forum invariably receive a large number of whiney and entitled responses from people who feel it their obligation to complain and make fun of things on  the internet. 

Lee's post was useful in that it explained the reasoning behind the responses you got, but I don't think the fault is with you. The idea that posts advertising jobs on this forum need to be presented in a formal and serious way to go alongside such high-brow threads as 'How to get  a ONS' and 'Why ladies like bad guys' is, frankly, ridiculuous, and whilst your job posting had problems with it that would put me off getting in touch with you regarding the position, those problems don't justify the level of vitriol you received. 

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

DD, a job description in the U.S. will never show the compensation offered, unless it's a government job. However I think it's critical to show it in Chinese job descriptions because of the market disparity. In the U.S., everyone knows what a certain job will pay. In China, some companies will offer 3000 where other companies will offer 30,000. It would be nice to save time by ignoring the low-ballers. One thing I did to help was just put my salary requirement on my resume (we wouldn't never do that in the U.S. either).

• Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

I also think it's pretty ironic that almost every poster that mocked the English of the advertisement and then made a 'Serious-face' post afterwards butchered the English language at least once. 

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

No one was mocking the English of the advertisement - that would be faggotry.

I was just expressing my exemplary skills as the excellent speaker of most native English.

And c'mon, a post of this calibur deserves the exact same level of brutal trolling that we would ive to any other post of similar calibur, whether it be for a sex partner, a language partner, a sex partner, an opportunity to work as a white guy, a sex partner, a comment about chinese girls, a comment about foreign guys, or a sex partner.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahahaha ... serious face? me? 莫明 ... can you help me, and show them my serious face again please?

• Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

No one was mocking the English of the advertisement - that would be faggotry.

You called it! Satirising (or specifically burlesquing) the English of the original post qualifies as mocking, and you guys definitely brought it. Congratulations!

Lee: Your examples are a bit inaccurate, so let me equate them with the proper scenarios involving active agents rather than just your passive subjects: 

How does a child learn to walk? By being beaten up whenever it stumbles. 

How does someone learn to drive? High-speed car chase. 

How does an alcoholic learn that drinking is bad? Gang-rape. 

How to strengthen muscles? By being beaten up to the point of exhaustion after attempting to learn how to walk post-gang-rape.

I'll put this simply: There is nothing to indicate this person works for the language schools you love to hate. She's not spammed anywhere, posted inane links in other threads or made any particularly outrageous, prejudiced or plain stupid assertions. Even if she did work for a language school, the only problems you guys have identified with your trolling  is her tone and her grammatical mistakes, and also that she's looking for an English tutor for someone other than herself. As another poster mentioned, it's brutal and as such, it's completely unnecessary .

Dressing it up as either "Let's help someone learn the hard lessons about the serious business of English education in China" or "These poor disgruntled foreign teachers have been made to trawl through crappy advertisements to find the good job offers a few too many times. Please understand, their desire to mock you is a sad product of that harrowing time" doesn't really wash. Essentially what's happening here is you guys saw an opportunity to troll someone by virtue of it being an advertisement for an English job in less than perfect English, the original poster understood enough of what you were implying to get all teary-eyed and hot-tempered, and now you're retrospectively justifying it as some kind of instructive behaviour or "but they did it to me first...". 

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Bump. snark snark. herp-dee-derp. OP should lurk moar. Weliveinthenet.com welcomes you.

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Somehow I feel like I've already written this, but NO ONE WAS MAKING FUN OF HER ENGLISH. I was making fun of the level of English typically required of a 'native English speaker' in order to work as an English teacher. Refer to Uncle DD's serious face.

Now then, if you'll excuse me, some of us are trying to find a sex partner.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahaha ... thanks 莫明 ... and how was that party, was it last night? We have a 10+ people orgy tonight, and we are expecting to see some nice boobies, hope you can make it :)

Lee ... JW man, huh? I would have guessed that you are a Rum+Coke person ... heehee ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... is "naive" kind of equivalent to "ignorant"?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... then I am glad that we are not related ...

*complete silence from audience*

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... our "current" plumber belongs to the apartment management, and I hardly knows his name, so I am fairly sure that you have got me confused with someone else ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... then you will for sure be a fav among "ladies" ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... dont forget your friends when you become filthy rich ...

Q: enough trolling for one morning? or, at least for this thread?

• Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

Look at this guys interpritations of my examples... it is nothing more than bull shit in itself...

he is clearly wanting to teach us a lesson by shooting us down in the same way that I mentioned earlier.... he is clearly missunderstanding the fact that we care not.

They weren't interpretations of your examples, they were adjustments to the details of your examples to more accurately reflect the behaviour you're trying to justify: your original examples were all of an individual encountering inactive obstacles and over-coming them through a period of self-awareness and growth. This thread doesn't fit that paradigm, and is more alike to an individual encountering active and conscious obstacles whose goals are simply to gratify themselves. My adjustments were extreme, but way closer to the mark than your 'she needs to learn from experience' stuff. 

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

I fail to see how any of this brings me closer to having a sex partner.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... it is not supposed to ...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.