Discussion » Gaming » world of warcraft on taiwanese servers

• Rune
    Rune wrote:
    Heres genius plan: I want to play an MMORPG on chinese servers in chinese, once I go back home, so I can continue to practice my chinese through interaction. I'm currently playing yonghengzhita and have tried some other chinese mmos. The problem is just they suck compared to what im used to with wow. Soooo I decided I wanted to play wow. But wow on chinese servers suck. So why not play it on taiwanese servers? If anyone know anything about this I have the following questions: How is the ping from beijing to taiwan? How about from Europe to taiwan? Do services like lowermyping help any? What kind of language do the taiwanese players use? Purely putonghua or some weirdo stuff also? How different is their putonghua from our putonghua? How difficult is it to learn the traditional characters if you already know the simplified? (I assume this isnt too difficult) learning traditional characters would also improve my KTV skills :D Ed0t: what the fuck is going on with the formatting? sorry for the block, I can't change it.
  • Rune
    Rune wrote:
    oh god. realised great mistake making post look kommie propaganda. HERES GENIUS PLAN FOR GREAT TOMORROW
  • Sylvia Zhang
    Sylvia Zhang wrote:

if you get service , there will be no ping at all...they use traditional characters, and do not speak putonghua..but Southern Fujian Dialect or some other local languages...plus Taiwan wowers have their own chanel, u will meet plenty of mainland wowers there...have fun..:P

• Mading
    Mading wrote:

"What kind of language do the taiwanese players use? Purely putonghua or some weirdo stuff also? How different is their putonghua from our putonghua? How difficult is it to learn the traditional characters if you already know the simplified?"

erh ? Taiwanese people r Chinese people! what the hell is pure putonghua? and what does weirdo stuff means? if u so dislike mainland China get the fuck back to your own country! do u even know what putonghua means? I tell u! it means common spoken language.

learning the traditional is not difficult at all..most radicals u can guess...hope that answers your question

• Sylvia Zhang
    Sylvia Zhang wrote:

Mading

..冷静 小伙子...

Rune

just notice..'Purely putonghua or some weirdo stuff also?'  also?    seriously also?

• Rune
    Rune wrote:

okay, ive already cleared out about the language. now my questions are just for someone who has played wow on the taiwanese servers from another continent. Is the lag unplayable when you play from the other side of the world?

Its cute how you misread what I write, and then jump straight to the conclusion that I "dislike China". Is this standard procedure whenever you see something written in english you dont understand?

• WangQing
    WangQing wrote:

My love and I am playing world of Warcraft,

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.