Discussion » Chinese Language & Culture » What are the weird Chinese hobbies and games?

• Richard Ma
    Richard Ma wrote:
    <p>What are the weird Chinese hobbies and games?&nbsp; I need information for a TV show and hope to get help from foreign friends. Thanks. One example is cricket fighting.</p>
  • Tonje Dahl
    Tonje Dahl wrote:
    麻将。。。LOL..but it's fun..!
  • N-Die 北京的法国人

People dancing in group in f'ront of shopping mall entrance ?

After 4 years here, i always stop and watch those people :)

• Sylvia Zhang
    Sylvia Zhang wrote:

Andy 北京的法国人 there are plenty of dancing ppl in our park..if you come , i think you will 'stop and watch' them untill midday.. 

ps: they also sing, and very loudly..

• Rebecca Arnesen

walking backwards and slapping themselves.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahahaha ... talking about "slapping" ...

I noticed a lot of old folks like to clap hands in the morning, but not the usual clapping with the palms, but the back of their hands, and the side of their wrists ... my wife actually does that too, and it is supposed to improve circulation or something that I dont understand ... but I enjoy interrupting her count .. heehee

• Richard Ma
    Richard Ma wrote:

Thank you so much for all your help! and because i am doing a TV show about tourism and culture for foreigners, any suggestions for the future program are welcome and appreciated!!! thanks you guys!

• Richard Ma
    Richard Ma wrote:

haha, those are great ideas. thanks.

actually i do want to a show featuring Chinese aged people. The do morning exercises, do chorus in the park, play mahjong, poker, chess outdoors, show birds they raise, dance in the evening....

and other topic i find interesting is the games for kids in the past time which seem to have disappeared now.

• Richard Ma
    Richard Ma wrote:

i don't know the exact names in english, like glass balls, iron rings, bean bags....

• Richard Ma
    Richard Ma wrote:

speak with their nose? that's weird, but i find it rare.

• Sally
    Sally wrote:

weird? watch ur mouth!!!!

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

• Richard Ma
    Richard Ma wrote:

• H.T.Teng
    H.T.Teng wrote:

Men like to spit and shake leg.

Women whom have weired fashion taste like to wear sandals with flesh colored stockings in summer. I thought it's kind of fashion style when I took a trip to China in 2000.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.