Discussion » Nonsense » How do you think about Japanese?

• Tomoko
    Tomoko wrote:
    <p>it's reported that the Japanese acted to the sudden earthquake calmly and with proper action. But some news said they are not calm, they are indifferent. Japan, indeed is a very strange country, so is its people.there is a video&nbsp;</p> <p><a href="http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTYzOTE3NDcy.html">http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTYzOTE3NDcy.html</a></p> <p>&nbsp;&nbsp;what do you think ?</p>
  • Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

how: like most folks. with my brain

what: I do not know, i find that any preconceived notion about a country or its people to be wrong so I cannot make a fair assessment.

he ping

• Jacopo DR
    Jacopo DR wrote:

+1 Tuco (except that unfortunately it seems that most folks actually don't do it with their brain)

• Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

e.g. yellow/white fever.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... answer: human!

Two of my childhood friends were "Japanese" (actually, "half", they are brothers and their father is Chinese Shanghai, a buddy of my father), and I have also met a few during Uni, one Japanese guy after Uni (he studied in LA and showed not a hint of Japanese, his father is a business associate of my aunt), and a few more while living in Sydney, including one very sexy Japanese girl ...

... most of them are mildly mannered, very friendly, and shown no obvious aggression to dominate the world (though I think that Japanese girl might have wanted to have breakfast with me, or have me for breakfast) ...

• Nixul
    Nixul wrote:

Japanese people are polite, well educated, respectful, friendly. Based on what i have experienced cuz i have been there several times

• Simen Wangberg

"there are news about the violent Japanese against my people constantly, and other negative news."

Are you referring to recent Japanese-on-Chinese violence, or something that happened, oh, seventy-odd years ago? Nanjing isn't "news" anymore, fyi.

• Minger
    Minger wrote:
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahahaha ... needless to say, I will have to drag a few "famous" countries into the discussion ... but I only have the rough details ... so, dont crucify me ... heehee ...

Centuries (or a few dynasties) ago, Chinese had attacked as far as Middle East and even Europe (I barely passed Chinese History)...

Whichever European country (or countries?) "conquered" what is now known as United States and forced the Indians away from their home

The British once did that too when they landed in Australia

... basically, Tomoko, to remember the sadness and madness from decades ago, or even centuries ago, is very tiring and time-consuming ... we could perhaps point out that the Japanese government should tell their youths the truths of WW2 in their textbooks, but then so should Chinese youths learn much about the truths that they might not have been taught ...

It is OK to be confused, but as Michael said, history is history ... let it stay in the past ...

• Person
    Person wrote:

one of my friend  (she stayed in japan for years, went to primary school there)~ told me that even though japanese are really polite, nice, cuz the pressure is like massive~ but mentally they are kinda sickos,hehe

• Yuki
    Yuki wrote:

Once one of my fashionable chinese girlfriend at Amsterdam airport, one of the  dutch staff was so friendly to my friend and also asked her if she was from Japan? and my friend answered no, she was not from japan!then the dutch stuff turned around immeditly and said her her coworker with unfriendly voice :" Chinese!

then both of them walked away!

• Yuki
    Yuki wrote:

Sometimes i feel it is so hard to go to somewhere outside of china with chinese passport.......People outside China hate chinese people...

• Xiao
    Xiao wrote:

I think maybe they are just like every other human on this planet??? Well, I always consider aliens coming to the earth as a very good way to bond all human together. Japanese or Vietnamese.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... well, Tomoko, what were you talking about? 

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.