Discussion » Current Events » What business does a 20 something year old have dr

• Lao Lee
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... mate, even with the strange cocktail of Queensland+Sydney background, I am not sure if I totally understand, but I will try ...

Though it is not unreasonable to expect the "driver" of a Merc (E or S) or Beamer (5 or 7 series) to be someone more mature, it is also common nowadays to see kids driving one to school if the parents can afford it ...

... not even close? Heehee ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahaha ... I think I remember hearing that kind of "argument", or similar discussion, back 20+ years ago when I was in Brisbane ...

I have witnesses many rich HK students becoming richer in their careers, though they did have an "interesting" life style during Uni ... driving nice sportcars (not Merc, just Celica), but working a few shifts at restaurants ... not that they needed the money, but perhaps for some kind of hardship experience?

... but then, different times, different values ...

Ans: yes, I do believe that ... but riches can also give some "convenience" to make one's life a little bit easier ...

Q: off topic? ... heehee ...

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

福二代

I want to say that luxuries should be earned, but I most people who have worked hard (or worked their connections hard) to become wealthy want to have the right to spend that wealth on their family. 

New question: Should luxuries be earned? or do people have the right to purchase luxuries for others?

Also, I don't think it's a cultural or face thing. The kids of rich people are the same everywhere. Unless they have parents from the "you've got to make yourself" school.

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

Should luxuries be earned? I think I need the definition of "earned", considering that the hardness of earning luxuries for kids with no background is way much bigger than for kids with "super daddy". They earn their money by themselves? yes, like Warren Buffet. They earn their money completely by themselves? umm, really hard to say. You know, Warren's father was a prestigious US Rrepresentative, and another example is, if old Bush won the election in 1992 (1991?), shall we call the era with the DPRK style?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... ans: yes ...

• Kodi
    Kodi wrote:

Im a 20 something and I drive a SAAB 9-5, but trust me I paid dearly HAHA! 

I think i would not buy my children something like that at a young age no matter how much money i have.  Buy them a safe car thats affordable and try to instill the value of hard work and dedication into their character. 

I know what you mean about young spoiled kids getting everything free...... some people cite this fact out of spite and some out of recognition that many of these kids have no idea what it takes to afford those things and they will be the first too look down on people who have less than themselves.  That may be the downside to them being spoiled.

It can create some horrible people and the parents are not being responisible by simply buying their kids happiness when they should actually teach them how to make themselves happy. 

My parents were too poor and never taught me anything about growing up and becoming a responsible adult, so i developed my own ideas about it.  I grew up thinking that money and a fancy car would make me happy. So I bought a SAAB and learned the expensive way that it doesn't. 

Who cares if those kids have their fancy stuff for free.  They may or may not learn from life.  So what!  Its not our concern anyway.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... at the end, it comes down to (family) education ... if done right, rich kids from any language and culture can also be taught about the hardship in life and avoid becoming spoiled brats ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued)

... if done wrong, kids, rich or poor, will be brats ... a situation fairly commonly noticed in all major China cities ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahahaha ... mate, I am sorry (Lee: yeah right!) to have disappointed you, if not again ... but I have lived in a few (if not too many) very diverse and yet similar societies to have observed what you had described ...

By the way ... this "behaviour" you have described were also commonly found among rich farm kids in boarding school, back in the 80's anyway ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahahaha ... there is an exact Chinese saying for that ... 富不过三代 ...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.