Discussion » Technology » how to activate china mobile CMCC 3G service?

• Mike Lui
    Mike Lui wrote:
    <p>hey everybody! ive been living in beijing for about 3 weeks now but ive never figured out how to activate the 3G service for china mobile! does anybody know how to do this?</p>
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... not sure why you went for CMCC 3G, since it is not supported else where other than China ... and to the best of my knowledge, China Unicom does have a better 3G network ...

What do you mean by "activate"?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... who said that 3G is not supported by CMCC?

If you meant me, I only said that the CMCC 3G technology, technically known as TD SCDMA, is not supported outside China because it is home-grown but not an international standard, but if you are using it within CMCC coverage (i.e. China, maybe even Hong Kong?), then it "should" work fine with other 3G networks in China and internationally ...

Having said that, I have also heard that it is not a very good network, and China Unicom is better than CMCC in 3G ...

PS. I am not a huge fan of CMCC, nor a CMCC 3G subscriber, I am just telling what I heard/read ...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.