Discussion » Beijing Life » “No Car No House” Song, Women Version

• A.w
    A.w wrote:

The following viral video on has accumulated over 6 million views, and 9 thousands commends.

Leftover men version

Lyrics and English translations:

多情的阳光 洒落在你的脸庞
    Warm sunshine, shining on your face
    看看周围的小伙 个个都挺娘
    Looking at the young guys all around, every one of them are very girly

Having a house and a car is what women long for
    Marrying the right person is the biggest wish

Asking you if you have a car, asking you if you have a house
    My mother will also ask you how much savings you have

假如你没有车 假如你也没有房
    If you have no car, if you also have no house
    Hurry move aside and don’t block my way

我也有车 我也有房
    I also have a car, I also have a house
    As well as RMB in the bank

If you guys aren’t even as capable as me
    Don’t depend on me, I’m not your mother

你没有车 你没有房
    You don’t have a car, you don’t have a house
    Don’t expect to get a beauty into bed

Pretending to be poor, you only drive a lousy BMW
    Don’t pretend you’re a rich guy who can keep me as his mistress

你没有车 你没有房
    You don’t have a car, you don’t have a house
    Yet you still want to get married and be a groom

If your life isn’t well off
    Why should I accompany you in wandering

You say I am realistic/practical, that I may as well admit
    You can call me a gold-digger and I won’t feel hurt

A man after all should be like a man
    没车没房 你别想找新娘
    Without a car, without a house, forget about finding a bride

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahahaha ... imagine, even if a small number of girls do think this way ... hell, scrap that, a lot of girls do think that way now ...heehee ...

1. There will be more and more virgins in China ... since no money, no sex :)

2. But if any of them happens to miss a few too many brain cells, or might be too "materialistic", they might become a mistress of someone rich, even if old and fat ...

3. And for those with even less brain cells, and/or have a favor for overseas "tourists" ... never mind ...

• Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
  • Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

I think gary had his own band at one point

• K5-35
    K5-35 wrote:

I have seen this naive MV on phoenix channel. Being a singleton is purely a personal choice which shouldn't be subject to social pressure and judgement. However, the message that this MV tries to send is completely materialistic, vulgar, snobbish and superficial. 

It is indeed very sad that people over-emphasize and blend extravagant materialism into relationship, which makes relationships become "trading sexual favors for materials gains", in nature, "prostitutionise" the mass population. :D

Relationship, or marriage if further, is about commitments, partnership, exuberance and the willingness to spend the life with someone, in peace. It is a lot more complicated than pure "car and house". 

Douches' view on love is partly because of their ignorance of social experiences and partly their parents whose whole generation were ruined and rotten in the 70s of last century and the "economic reform".

Look at these young girls in the MV, they look either gay or self-opinionated, but none of them is exceptionally beautiful although with Goth-like make ups, even from an objective angle. Maybe they are too young to realize that in human social paradigm, one must have a "contractual consideration" as an exchange before demanding the opposing party to perform any obligation. 

What surprises me is that with our country developing so rapidly, the mass media fails to deliver any positive and posh role model for young Chinese women, neither the western independence and determination, nor the oriental virtues and kindness. The simple protocol is "hooking up a rich guy and get allowances" and I personally think it makes no difference to the basic animal urges of parasites. 

In a wider sense, it is also mistaken that when someone possesses a "comparative advantage", he/she is automatically the top of the invisible caste system. Properties and appearance do not always last long, it is not even necessary to point it out. 

I may have been sore, but if a girl is well-off, why couldn't she share it and help people in need, instead of flashing herself in public? Because most people, be it male or female,  in China are still bond by feudalist sexism and human inequality. Apparently, it is not that those girls chose to be single, but the society and natural laws chose them to be. 

The above is about "modern parasitism", I personally have no judgement on "singletons" and seriously wish people can put an end on judging others' personal choices. 

It is not a sin to be single but it is a sin to reduce human intelligences completely to animalistic instincts. 

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahahaha ... in that case, the government and the general public are all sinners :)

• Simen Wangberg

Eheheheh. Some women are left over for a reason. Done and done. Would still hit and quit the one with the short red hair though.

Also, the music in that video blew pretty hard, I was expecting something a little more urban and aggressive. Would any leftover women like to aid me in creating a remix? I invented it. The remix, I mean. Prospective participants can expect payment in the form of...nothing.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.