Discussion » Nonsense » China's booming economy is due to the African

• Lukas Nambinga
    Lukas Nambinga wrote:
    <p>just to discuss how China gave japan a shock in its economic overtaking and set a clear chase to the economic table leaders (USA).</p>
  • Hanna Amalie Martinsen

http://www.bbcworldnews.com/pages/ProgrammeFeature.aspx?id=106&FeatureID=736

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahahaha ... very curiously, what does “Africa” have to do with this though?

• Hanna Amalie Martinsen
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
  • Hanna Amalie Martinsen

it sounds interesting and its fresh,"underway".....

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahahaha ... a promise, is a promise, even if I had to read it at 6:30 am in the morning ...

I am not into economics, not in touch with the news, and not even have a sense of how much is "billion" (yes, I am really that uneducated), however, having been covering and editing much of the news clippings for the last 9 months or so, I dont really see 6bn or even 42bn (?) as a big number, since this wont happen within less than a year but over a few (even many more) years... and needless to say, other than some Chinese companies are making money out of it, I dont see it as a a factor to the boom of China economy, and how Africa, as a continent, had contributed to this ... and the news is only about Congo ...

Could anyone correct what I had said please?

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

China's booming economy has almost nothing to do with Africa RIGHT NOW, considering that...eg. the GDP of the entire Afica continent is only about one fifth of that of China. However, I think Africa is important to China in the future, and one significant reason is that it would take decades for China to raise its domestic consumption level to the level of its output, which means that China would still be a major exporter. However, China knows that it cannot just rely on the US market for that basically the US produces almost no stuffs that the US wanna sell while China wanna buy, which causes big trade surplus -- basically just a number that keeps on depreciating. Africa gets what China want: raw materials like lumber and crude oil, so that if China want, a trading balance can be always achieved.

I believe that labor outsourcing is another reason for China's moves in Africa, however, I don't think it's the first concern right now, coz it would also take China decades to complete the industry upgrading, or you can consider it the human resource upgrading. Before that, China dare not to give up the "made in China" industry, even tho the profit margin is quite low, because the very very first concern of the Chinese government is not even the economic growth, but the unemployment rate: tens of millions of umemployed farmers would be a disaster for the social stability.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.