Discussion » Current Events » How Can I help?

• Micky
    Micky wrote:
    <p><span style="font-size: medium; color: #008000;">I am not too sure of how many live members we have on this website,.. but from the recent&nbsp;massive earthquake &amp; tsunami in Japan,.. I am thinking if we all contribute at least 1usd (about 6rmb in China) it will go a long way to helping those in need. </span></p> <p><span style="font-size: medium; color: #008000;">What do you think? -- </span></p> <p><span style="font-size: medium; color: #008000;">Starting from me -- I donate 50rmb -- Mr Kent how about you open an account for this?</span></p>
  • Virgil W
    Virgil W wrote:

I agree but there is no way that just anyone may assume the position of "Manger of Finances". If I donate I will have a part in the actual business side of things.Ebb and flow you know?

• Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:

I dont think it's even legal to do charity trough a private account. I'd never pay to an account privately owned by anyone here on the forum claiming to give the money to charity. Believe it or not, there's people assholes enough to take personal advantage of these kinda situations.

Just search up "How to give to Japan Earthquake" and I'm pretty sure you'll find options suitable for you - either wired transfer, SMS or other payment options.

This way you'll be sure that you'll actually give instead of getting bluffed.

• R-R
    R-R wrote:

Im agree with Ole on this one!I i want to help them i definatley wont put it in a private account.There are many other ways!

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahahaha ... there was a thread here about donating for my "retirement fund", and I still have not seen one single yuan, which is why I am still here ... there was also a special group that is supposed to collect money for me to find a prostitute, but it was actually just a scam to get girls' phone numbers ...

Micky ... nothing personal, but it would seem that majority (here!) dont trust profile information, and many here dont write honest profile information anyway, so as far as money is concerned, I dont think this is a "good" idea ...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.