Discussion » Current Events » 2012-The end of the world, do u believe it?

• Tomoko
    Tomoko wrote:
    As the title~~
  • 雪地
    雪地 wrote:

2012 is like in the computer world 2000 ... nothing will happen ... but in 2049 it will ;-)

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Why would I believe it? Because I saw a terrible disaster movie? FYI, even though 2012 may be the first disaster movie popularized in P.R.C., there have been many others...

There will be storms, asteroids, earthquakes, volcanos, alien attacks, wars and other similar catastrophes that will all cause the end of the world on their own before 2012.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Ethan Porter and His Balls of Crystal ... idiocy reigns supreme .

• 雪地
    雪地 wrote:

in computer sience people make the date to small in many computer languages the biggest date possible is: January 19, 2038  so many computer program will crash that day:

More infos about the unix time:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_time
    http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/UNIX%E6%97%B6%E9%97%B4

sorry i meant 2038 not 2049 ^^

• 雪地
    雪地 wrote:

and some infos for real GEEKS: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_2038_problem ^^

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

For sure, because in 2038 we'll be using the same operating systems, programs, and programming languages that we are today. Just like how today we use the same stuff we did back in 1984.

*This notice written from my 1984 Apple Macintosh

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

... stolen from family photo album of 莫明 ... 1984 ...

• Hanna Amalie Martinsen

the world will never end. our generation will just die, but the next one continue...if so., for how long did the exists?

• 雪地
    雪地 wrote:

@莫明: nice graph ... i miss BeOS ;-)

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahahaha ... this is the real world ...

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

Predictions for 2012 are stupud. The Myan calender, which started the whole kerfuffle, doesn't end in 2012, it starts again.

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

Well, we are living at the end of the time. The last day might come at any time. No one knows exactly which day is the one. What is happening around the world, are just the signs of the end of time.

• Monica Dalseghagen

well........according to the movie 2012, yes the world will end then tho africa will survive but according to reality,such assumptions have aired out before. we were all doomed for 2000 only to see the next day coming forth.i strongly believe we shall live to see our great grand children.maybe they know wen the world will end.  but i also have this feeling that wen sm1 dies,thats where there world ends.it cant happen in a bunch tho our brothers and sisters in japan did....(may their souls rest in peace)

• Stine Ekren
    Stine Ekren wrote:

姐来到这个世界,就没打算活着回去~

• Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

There is no spoon

• Kodi
    Kodi wrote:

Whatever!  If it does great!  I welcome the end of the world...... Im don't believe it will in 2012.  Maybe there could be some serious disasters due to the suns activity and the increasing effects on the Earth, but I do not think it will kill everyone and everything on Earth.  It may kill some poeple, but only the weak and unfortunate. 

I just hope i will be with someone sepcial if anything does happen.

• Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

there is no spoon

• Marthe Rølvåg

Who knows the next second what will happened! So the deadline is not sure.But we just good enjoy our life everyday.

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

If the fact of be a tiny, insignificant, ignorant bit of carbon, with a short and unimportant organic life....if this fact scares you and in your desperation, unable to handle that situation, you prefer think about GOD or some spirits or goblins, have decide one special destiny for your whole life, and also that, one day they will burn the planet earth, in a kind of creepy Armageddon with many FX like in the movies, ...if this makes you happy, well, good for you :D 

But if you begin to hear voices in your head that commad you to do things..... this´s schizophrenia, go to the doctors as soon as possible

• 雪地
    雪地 wrote:

@Monica: i agree, better we hurry up and have a last min orgy ^^

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

(continued) ... a French (based in California?) made his predictions in 1980 ... Believe it, or not!

通灵师预言2012——30年前(1980年)

[embed]http://www.56.com/u69/v_NjU4OTI2MTA.html/880831_cls207.html[/embed]

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.