Discussion » Nonsense » miscegenation and racism

  • Party
    Party wrote:
    <p><span style="font-size: large;"><span title="Cliquer ici pour voir d'autres traductions">do</span>&nbsp;<span title="Cliquer ici pour voir d'autres traductions">you think</span>&nbsp;<span title="Cliquer ici pour voir d'autres traductions">miscegenation</span>&nbsp;<span title="Cliquer ici pour voir d'autres traductions">is</span>&nbsp;<span title="Cliquer ici pour voir d'autres traductions">the</span>&nbsp;<span title="Cliquer ici pour voir d'autres traductions">best</span>&nbsp;<span title="Cliquer ici pour voir d'autres traductions">available weapon</span>&nbsp;<span title="Cliquer ici pour voir d'autres traductions">against</span>&nbsp;<span title="Cliquer ici pour voir d'autres traductions">racism?&nbsp;</span></span></p>
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    @degeneration, You're new, huh? I almost decided I didn't like you because you asked a couple of questions that or often asked once a week and always result in an argument. But this one is solid gold, no lie. So let me welcome you to the WLIB forums, where apparently we are too stupid to know what miscegenation means, so we don't respond to what is actually a very intelligent and interesting query.

    @WLIB, miscegenation = race mixing. Everyone has a (dreadfully misinformed) opinion about this issue and they all share it every time someone brings it up. Seriously. There's an argument about interracial romance every week. Why not now? Because someone asked the question in a way we're all unfamiliar with, and phrased it using academic terminology. 

  • Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

    Well, I want to say yes... but really it seems to create more racism. It can get borderline racist responses out of people who are usually level headed and not racist.

  • Marita Karlsen



  • Shane
    Shane wrote:

    Actually the world majority of the world citizens is Han Chinese male. They just finished doing a study, and they also released a picture of the most common face in the world made by averaging facial features with some computer program.

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    @Lee, Blaming the shortcomings of individuals on human nature is for poor brutes who would refuse to evolve if given the option.

    @degeneration, Yeah but as I said, that's probably because most people here--even some native English speakers--don't know what "miscegenation" means. If the topic said "race mixing" instead, it might get more people talking.

    A wise person told me that the most elegant test for racial prejudice is in asking a person if they would be uncomfortable with their son or daughter marrying a person of whatever ethnicity. If they answered 'yes,' they possess a conscious bias, regardless of how many rationales they may offer.

    I wouldn't say that fucking people from other races is automatically going to make everyone love one another, peace on earth, and all that hippy shit. We can breed with one another until our kids are all within a few shades of the same brown, but if white culture continues to assimilate all others, then what will it matter how many cute multi-ethnic kids will be running around?

  • Minger
    Minger wrote:

    I looked up mescegenation before deciding I didn't give a fuck. Depending on how you define racism (I'm thinking of it more at "culturism" here), you will have it as long as you have different cultures. We might be politically correct enough to say that our cultures aren't better / worse than Chinese / British, just different, but we don't really believe it.

    I like German culture a hell of a lot better than I like Chinese culture. Is that racist? Here's a hint: I don't care.

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:


    Just because a majority of people do something does not make it human nature. The very fact that our attitudes about race have changed so much in the last century demonstrates that it is far from being a fixed tendency that cannot be modified. After all, if it were really an inherent trait, it would take millions of years of evolution for us to develop an anti-racism gene. That's quite obviously silly and that's why the evolutionary paradigm is so utterly worthless for explaining human behavior.

    Needless to say, biologists agree that race is a socially constructed concept; every "racial group" exhibits more variation within the group than between each group. Racial discrimination, then, is simply a matter of physical appearances and nothing else.

    Furthermore, you seem to be equivocating two vastly different behaviors: judging a person based on appearances (that is, racial prejudice), and judging a person based on actions (that is, what someone says in a forum). They're both discrimination. But only one of them is actually prejudice. The other would be postjudice.

  • 雪地
    雪地 wrote:

    ...mixed cultures are genetically more healty...

  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

    miscegenation is a -fact- in population genetics

    racism is a sociological- idea-, the big brother of the simple pair we/them

    the best available weapon against racism is don´t let priests and other mental freaks teach biology in schools or missions around the world

  • Kent Løset
    Kent Løset wrote:

    this is kinda interesting: millions of years ago, we were all black. i read somewhere that the first asians came here from ethiopia, and native american indians traveled across the ice between russia and alaska during the ice age :-) Sadly, i think to fight racism, you kinda have to fight stupidity first - cause it really seems like racists are too stupid to think further than physical appearance when judging a person.

  • Virgil W
    Virgil W wrote:

    As The Dando stated ,"A wise person told me that the most elegant test for racial prejudice is in asking a person if they would be uncomfortable with their son or daughter marrying a person of whatever ethnicity. If they answered 'yes,' they possess a conscious bias, regardless of how many rationales they may offer”~ The Dando(WLIBJ-5000.4).

    In contrast I must say that it doesn't exist? I not speaking about miscegenation, but realistic discretion eventhough their are many cultured people here whom respect that .Well, at least some that is.  You are a prefect example of why we should never judge a book by its cover so stop dirtying up the outside if you will brother hehe.

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    @Virgil, I wouldn't say that it doesn't exist. I certainly would be concerned if one member of my family married someone from another ethnic group. But I'd look at that as a riddle to answer through social scientific inquiry. I'm more curious than prejudiced.

    I'm really flattered, but if my reputation really precedes me thus, why would you think I know anything about realistic discretion? Everyone knows I lack discretion.

    @Lee, If you say that racism is natural, then is anti-racism unnatural? Yet anti-racist individuals clearly exist in nature. Are they mutants? Are they aberrant? No. They just consider factors that are more important and more predictive than skin color when they make their decisions.

    Human nature is utterly meaningless because it is in constant flux and is constantly in the process of being redefined by the very changes in the social environment that you had mentioned.

    We're tool users. Within limits, we have the ability to change nature. I see no reason why human nature would be exempt our dominion over nature. I don't think one would be "playing God" by engaging in some social investigation to investigate stereotypes and critically examine one's perceptions of brown people. 

    If a person's brain still connects skin color--mere physical appearance--with particular human behaviors more strongly than comparatively more relevant factors (age, language, social class, occupation, religion, political identity, etc.), that person has what we call a confirmation bias, a failure to exercise their human curiosity and engage in social investigation, and an inability to assign relevant critical priorities. Race isn't a valid predictor for human behavior when compared to countless other factors.

    To say otherwise suggests an inability to discriminate between critical priorities more than anything else.

    "But such discriminations (I personally believe)"

    What you personally believe is irrelevant when absent of concrete scientific proof. I believe there's an invisible pink unicorn dangling its pendulous member just inches over your head. Prove me wrong.

    "are born from an inherant cognative ability to sort information,"

    AGAIN, we're talking about racial prejudice, not a person's normal ability to discriminate between facts in the world. Come back to earth, space cowboy.

    "synapses in the brain are constantly linking together different types of information that form together as information clumps that we use as a basis of decision making."

    True but if one brain links a particular mode of human behavior with race and another brain links that behavior to a complex interaction of many other factors, I think we would all agree that there is something wrong with the first brain's cognitive ability.

    (re: millions of years ago, we were all black.) "I have always wanted this information... does anyone have a reputable source with clear definitions on the history of the human race? Non religious please"

    Anthropology 101. Your manifest ignorance of social science is obvious. What makes you think that neuroscience is a better predictor of human behavior than sociology? That's like trusting an astronomer to predict the local weather conditions.

  • Virgil W
    Virgil W wrote:

    @ Dando , I say that you have digression because your recent action are those of some one whom possesses such  qualities. At an earlier time you may have said something rebellious toward various subjects mentioned. Not that it was wrong, it was only the presentation. Maybe we all had .!?

    As i said , I know now not to judge a book by it's cover(I've always known that lol).Now you ,I and the brothers need to do it right and stop wasting binary code.Well, a little won't hurt. Hey, can I have a little? It 's good to see you balanced and informative, I'm proud of The Dando.

    P.S. you would have anything to worry about if I had a relationship with any of your family members because it is you that would suffer the consequences of my behavior..


    Example....Dando.. Slap...Slap....Why can you say things like that?

    Dando: Because I'm Curious?

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    @Virgil, My opposition to racism has always been informed by scientific scrutiny rather than emotions or altruism. That leads me to question positive stereotypes as well as negative ones, as both are equally indicative of lazy thought patterns, but it also means that my intentions are not always clear.

    But when a person is so extremely critical of racism, it's easy to misunderstand him as racist himself. Especially when a white guy starts spitting flames in the middle of a "black guys are best at sex" thread, he could easily be perceived as being racist if there was any confusion about his motivations. But I'd have said the same thing even if I was a black dude with a huge unit, because even benevolent stereotypes provide only illusory benefits for their subjects. A lot of Chinese chicks avoid black dudes because of seemingly positive stereotypes.

    Hell. My dad is a total bigot who once said that Hurricane Katrina did New Orleans a favor by washing away much of its human filth. Utterly reprehensible! But then one day I accidentally browsed his recent search history and found a ton of white chicks & black dicks inquiries. And no, I don't think that exhonerates him, because it indicates that he thinks of black dudes as being mindless slaves to nature.

  • Virgil W
    Virgil W wrote:


    You seem like a good brother now. As we venture on thorough the topic of scientific explanation and collective educated guesses, maybe we should check in on reality before it’s overdone. I for one cannot doubtfully ignore your statement as it was more than adequate especially since I‘ve studied scientific theory. There is a small matter though; it dwells within your scientific conception and not the profound articulation.

    As a brother please use your scientific mind to see how racism may affect, not just the host but the deceased. Could it be that they are the same (effect and affect)? No, maybe it’s just a simple yet punctual example. Well, I’ll tell you about the African Americans that were born and raised in the US (me), those that you have met (many/some), those who are representatives of the fringing stereotypical  acknowledgement regauding the absence of pizza (Me!), cold blooded killers, rapist ,criminals and capitalize all that is within the parentheses. We all have differences just like people from Beijing to Hong Kong and don’t forget Guangzhou or even Shenzhen. Theory cannot prove why African Americans love just as much as Chinese men so why does it even justify a second thought.

    Regardless of pretentious classifications, the lack of esoteric understanding may be the problem. My older brother gets drunk, hated me for dating a white lady and was in and out of prison. Pessimistic and Dogmatic types have only provided trivial contributions toward anything besides what makes them feel important. Still, I will remain discriminate, if that is the topic hehe. So, I feel at ease today as I wish you well.

    BTW : Emotion is life, God/ Buddha, you and I.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.


WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.

Powered by: Bloc