Discussion » Ask a Foreigner » Need a ONE-DAY (40mins)English teacher volunteer

• Hannah
    Hannah wrote:

Hi everybody,

I am Hannah. I am finding a  FOREIGN ENGLISH TEACHER IN BEIJING right now.

I am available to treat you a cup of coffee and cakes in privately. Contact me if you are interested. If you'd like we can discuss about it.

But before you come plz read the requests:

1. American would be the best. :)

2. English is native langage.

3.Live in Beijing

4. Love children.(they are 10-11 ages)

5. Perfer to the people who have teacher experiences.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... Lee ... you reminded me of a Demtel commercial ...

• Hannah
    Hannah wrote:

Hi Lee,

Are you in Beijing right now? Cuz I see your profiles mentioned that you are in Shen Yang, aren't you?

• Hannah
    Hannah wrote:

Hi Lee,

You misunderstand me, I just want  a volunteer teacher for one day, and a free of lunch for him or her. I am trying to help my students. I'm sorry about  your bad experiences.

• Sab
    Sab wrote:

No Hannah, he basicly drew your attention that is NO such thing for FREE.

• Hannah
    Hannah wrote:

Oh, Yeah, I got it.

FREE is a problem!

Thank you so much Sab.

• Hannah
    Hannah wrote:

Seems like I have to improve my English~ Anyway, it's a nice of reminder! Appreciate you, Sab.

• Sab
    Sab wrote:

Your welcome. Why not ask the parents to collect a little cash, and you'll find a person you want.

• Hannah
    Hannah wrote:

Such a good idea, but, I just want to give my students a suprise. I will deal with that fee anyway. SO kind of you!

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... go on, tell them Lee ...

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Maybe Hannah is a volunteer teacher at a non-profit school for impoverished children. If so, she is commendable and this is a worthy effort.

If not, echo what Lee said, but replace through with throw, because... well... actually maybe a better volunteer would be in order.

• Hannah
    Hannah wrote:
    Wow, thank you all guys for your suggestions. I didn't realize that such a little ask is so hard. I accept those good ideas, and appreciate those people who understand me! Actually this ONE-DAY volunteer is just 40mins of real class. As all you know, we don't have a great speaking English environment in our Chinese primary school, and the children of course are not interested in studying English, so for them, I posted this "stupid" like what someone said here. Am I wrong for being a kind heart to my children? This primary school is in south 3rd ring road around, it's quite easy to get here by Subway Line 4. Without and doubt I am very glad to treat you cups of coffee( there is a Costa Coffee round school) and cake. I am trying to be nice, trust me!
  • Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

Hannah: the problem you have is that people that teach English on here are used to dealing with schools and agents that are not very trustworthy or honest. So a post asking for volunteer English teachers can easily make people suspicious of your motives. 

For something like what you're suggesting, you need to be very, very clear about who you are and what you're trying to achieve. There are plenty of foreign teachers out there that do things like this for free: you might want to find any organisation of foreign teachers in Beijing that volunteer at orphanages and see if anyone can help you out. 

• Tina
    Tina's猫 wrote:

we are all brain washed by the environment

anyone who had a thought to help just help !

• Hannah
    Hannah wrote:
    Hi Daniel, i got your point! thanks, I know maybe in this fake net environment is quite hard to find a volunteer. Let me be clear: I am a real Chinese teacher in a primary school built by the government, if someone don't trust me, i have our class blog to prove that, anyone can find everything about my class there. I'd like to show you guys it. You can type “20100403赵登禹”in www.baidu.com, and click "search", then the frist one in the searching list is my class blog. Thank you again. It's very nice and kind of you to give me the warm suggestion Daniel!
  • Hannah
    Hannah wrote:
    Thanks Lee!!!! :)
  • Hannah
    Hannah wrote:
    Thank you Tina! :)

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.