Discussion » Ask a Foreigner » What is the difference between Knowledge and Wisdo

• Lao Lee
    Lao Lee wrote:
    <p>Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fr<br />uit salad.</p> <p>&nbsp;</p>
  • Joakim Lund Rangel

retards, tomato is the single best part in any salad.

Who orders salad anyways...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... someone said "retard"?

Name-wise, cherry tomato is also known as 圣女果 in Chinese (translated: holy lady fruit), which sounds like something taboo or some kind of "forbidden fruit" when I first heard it, also every time I had to ask what it is (due to a bad memory) ...

So I dont know if it is wise or not, but it sounds sexy ...

• Stina Rytter Norheim

knowledge is knowing and understanding things while wisdom is applying the knowledge u have for good things.

• Brusch
    Brusch wrote:

knowledge is when knowing the answer to this question;

wisdom is when knowing why not answering to this question.

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

• Virgil W
    Virgil W wrote:

Knowledge is knowing that any key to the door must not lack the central engraves and carvings.

Wisdom is not the ability to forge, but the willingness to do so.

Big Stan lol.. asshole

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

Knowledge refers to information, understanding, and skill that one gain though education or experience. Wisdom on the other hand,  refers to ability to make sensible decisions and offer good advice coz of knowledge and experience that one has.

Someone may have all the knowledge about a subject but may not have the wisdom to utilize this knowledge properly to be able to act in a sensible manner! That is why they say you can gain knowledge by educating yourself but you can gain wisdom only by experience.

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

• Stine Ekren
    Stine Ekren wrote:

wow,hh, let's make it simple: wisdom is the second leap of knowledge,we can not cut apart them~

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

@Lee Ford, as much as I can agree with some of ur statement, I'd wonder which side of religion u belong now. What I can say, that recession of devotees that has been noticed in mostly developed countries, is only the fact that people think, having good living conditions__Food, nice home, car, cash, receational facilities and activities...there's no one above.

“I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”

What I I understand here is that, once one has got everything that is needed in his or her own life, he or she intents to think there's no one above, creator and the one who brought this universe to existence. Developement and industrialization lead some people to forget believing...

High Priest

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... all these talks brought back the frightening memory of my one whole semester in highschool (year 12) about religion and philosophy ... I am a retard (and the list goes on), so I am not going to make any sense out of this, do carry on gentlement ... and ladies ...

One thing though ... Lee ... this forum is more used to talk about sex, drugs and RnR, among many other things, so Stephanie was just being her typical naughty rebellious self in a philosophy class/discussion, for our viewing pleasure, do spank her a little, but not too hard ...

Now, do carry on ...

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

That's a good point, most people think once they believe in a high power, that mean nothing bad can happen in my life. That's the question many people used to ask: If God exist, why this is happening to me? Why many people are dying, why many people are suffering...

Should I only believe in the existance of god when I need something? No, we get it wrong once we associate His existence from what we can have or when we need Him to do something for us. People should bear just in mind that, He is above all, He is the creator, He holds whole world, in His hands, He is the alafa and Omega.

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

Lee, that smack in Stephanie's teeth seems to be too hard.

• Stine Ekren
    Stine Ekren wrote:

yup, he's so serious,hh~

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

*palm face* 

Knowledge and wisdom... 

the first one depends on how much you put into your head, but the second one is how you've got from God...  or... It is like... some one has to try sooo damn hard to learn a language but it is fucking easy for some one to pick up without hard working... 

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.