Discussion » Food & Drink » Favorite dishes

• Ted Ribbons
    Ted Ribbons wrote:
    <p>I was just wondering what people's favorite dishes they make at home and love. Mine is a peantu butter sauce pasta. anyone else?</p>
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... below are what I like and can cook, not a real lot, and will try to translate into English later ...

Beef:.
    牛排(牛柳)...煎或烤...
    牛肉...炒苦瓜...或彩椒...或洋葱(可以加沙茶酱)...或西红柿
    牛腩...炖(广东叫"炆")...可以加白萝白,或莲藕,或清炖

Pork:
    猪肉馅...蒸肉饼,可以用炸菜或梅菜
    五花肉...用梅菜炖,做梅菜扣肉
    猪肉...炒西红柿...或炒豆牙加炸菜...或配梅菜来蒸(跟肉饼的效果不太一样)...或切粒,用玉米煮(罐头,黏糊糊的那种)
    猪排...煎或烤
    猪胸骨...一大块的放进烤箱,加蒜,蜂蜜,糖盐调味,香港叫"金沙骨",烤的时候加一些煮好的小南瓜块,把油吸进去,很香很甜
    排骨...蒸...或糖醋...或炒苦瓜...或加冬瓜块来炖

Chicken:
    鸡翅...加香菇和黑木耳来蒸...加香菇和粉丝来炖...烤...
    鸡肉...炒洋葱(可以加沙茶酱)...或切粒,用玉米煮(罐头,黏糊糊的那种)
    鸡腿...蒸或烤...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... Ted ... plus a very small variety of Chinese soups, which take half a day or more to prepare and boil etc, and it is not often that I stay home for one whole day to make them ...

FYI, in Cantonese cooking, we have (at least) three "levels" of soups, but I dont know the terms in English, so I will type Chinese here:

1. 滚汤 - usually just a few minutes, like you do with Campbell soup ...

2. 煲汤 - this is the type that takes half a day or even longer, usually chicken or pork bone and also some of those southern style "sweet soups" (糖水)

3. 炖汤 (steamed soup?) - this type keeps the most flavour of the ingredients, but this needs a big pot to boil the water, and then we put one of those special little containers inside, containing all the ingredients, and for a normal home kitchen, this can take as much as half a day or even one full day ...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.