Discussion » Beijing Life » hangover in the morning

• Tina
    Tina's猫 wrote:
    <p>stomache pain,headache,feels like dead&nbsp;,what's the best way to "fix"it</p>
  • Christian Hansen

Hot spicy beef noodles plus a lot of water and gatorade work for me

• Fabian Kollen
    Fabian Kollen wrote:

only one way: time.

so no smoke, no alcohol, no stay up all night is good for health.

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

drink water and lay down on the bed... 

eat some veggie... 

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

lots of water

• Tina
    Tina's猫 wrote:

ah new look,cute rabbit stephanie,i'm feeling much better now,just need to eat sth later

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

I drank one black Russian, mojito and some beer... beer really turn me off... 

nanluoguxiang is getting really expensive tho..  

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Hangovers, like sexual diseases, are more easily prevented than cured. And I'm not talking about being fucking lame and not partying like the guy upstairs. It is perfectly within the power of any individual to occasionally party like a motherfucking rockstar without paying for it the next day.

You get hung over because you are dehydrated. Alcohol is a diuretic. It causes you to excrete water and salts. Dancing, sweating, pissing, fucking, and ejaculating compound this.

You need to replenish your water and your electrolytes. Salt. Sodium and potassium ions.

Sports drinks like Powerade or Gatorade contain water, sugar, and a lot of these electrolytes and shit. In Asia, there's this stuff in a plain blue label called "Pocari Sweat" that serves the same purpose. That shit is nasty. No wonder they call it sweat; it tastes like flat Sprite soda and athletic ballsweat. But it's probably healthier than the other sports drinks because they often contain high-fructose corn syrup instead of real sugar. Water and a bit of salt and sugar will work if you have no other options.

But don't do it while you're drinking alcohol! Don't mix that shit. That's stupid. You'll just disrupt the tonicity of your bodily fluids and then you will just piss it out and get an even worse hangover later.

After your last drink and your last piss, just before you go to sleep, drink at least 0.5L of whatever and eat a banana. Leave a glass of water and maybe a few acetominophen or paracetamol tablets on your bedside table.

Just don't drink so hard that you pass out or forget, and you will wake up feeling ready to fuck, fight, and visit WLIB and marvel at what a badass motherfucker of an asshole that Dando guy is.

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

thoughtful... It just make me wanna drink with this Dando guy... "coz I feel he can handle the rest if I get drunk".. haha... 

• Tina
    Tina's猫 wrote:

seems quite practical don't know even for handovers there are so many theories lol dando guy,whatever u r ,that was funny to me 

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Fuck those theories. This is Applied Dandology 101. The advanced course is too harmonious for a public forum.

• pommie
    pommie wrote:

藿香正气

• Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

as in dandology.

i always had several glasses of water at the end of a night of drinking. always worked and never got a serious hangover, unless i forgot to have some water.

now i just dont drink :) no hangover

and still can party like a rockstar because we all know the rockstars go to AA

• Sasha 莎莎 Wang

just sleep it off.

works for me.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

My problem is that if I don't prepare myself for it and try to sleep it off, I will sleep too deep and then wake up nauseous. And by the time my stomach settles enough for me to rehydrate and get my blood sugar back up, my whole day is shot.

Which would be okay, because I don't give a fuck about shit, but I can't play videogames with a headache.

• Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

and it makes smoking crack hard.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

It'd be a shame to hit a crack rock gently.

also: I'm banging 7 gram rocks and finishing them because that's how I roll.

• Simen Wangberg

Kill yourself.

• Tina
    Tina's猫 wrote:

it's getting more interesting @_0

one tip my friend mentioned last nite was to drink a beer (for ppl who can't quite drink)before you go out,you will feel dizzy but will be fine after you get together with ur friends,at that time everything will be fine,just drink :)

seems quite convincing,will try next time ha

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Tina,

That sounds like pre-drinking; get drunk on the cheap stuff at home and then buy one expensive drink when you arrive at the bar, so everyone thinks you're a big fucking deal instead of a prole. It's extra classy if you hold the glass with your small finger extended. When in doubt, pinky out.

• Tina
    Tina's猫 wrote:

yeah pre-drinking,but it's more about u feel ok during the party,not a big deal what others gonna think.

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

It's extra classy if you hold the glass with your small finger extended. 

Are you talking about me ? lol... 

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I am if you invented "holding a martini glass with an extended pinky finger". If you did, you should patent it and collect royalties from wealthy socialites.

• Simen Wangberg

Wow wow wow.

Yes, pre-drinking before you start ACTUALLY drinking will DEFINITELY make you feel better the next day.

Fuck it, I can't even think of a good metaphor. This is just patently retarded. Who told you this?

I think what they meant to say was "if you just get really drunk, you'll forget that you felt awful at all". Which is not really how it works, in any way.

Also, milk before drinking? Noooooo. Vomit city is where you will swiftly visit.

• Kent Løset
    Kent Løset wrote:

Just have a bottle of water between every 2-3 beers / drinks and some food before and after drinking and you'll be fine. Also put a bottle of water next to your bed when going to sleep - you're gonna thank yourself for doing that when you wake up! =)

• DonkeyTonk
    DonkeyTonk wrote:

Do in this specific order and you'll sort it out no problem.

Breakfast > Can of Coke > Wank / Sex > Shower > 30 laying down > Intense exercise for 45 minutes > Wank / Sex > Shower > Nap

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.