Discussion » Nonsense » Why I REALLY Came to China

• Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:
    <p>1.I could not get a good job in my own country. Making 33, 000 dollars a year with full union benefits (including medical, dental and life insurance) was intolerable. No...what I really wanted was a job that paid one third that and offered no benefits at all. You just can't find jobs like that in Canada (well, you can...but you're better off on welfare).</p> <p>2. I'm too ugly and socially awkward to get a good girl in my own country. I did come to China with my girlfriend of 8 and a half years, but what I really wanted was to date an immatue, flat chested girl with whom I had a vast cultural gap, nothing in common with and major communication difficulties.</p> <p>3.I wanted to learn Chinese. Because you know, being that all overseas Chinese actually speak Cantonese, speaking Mandarin is a really useful skill outside of China.</p> <p>4.I wanted to eat Chinese food. Because you know, Chinese food only exists in China.</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;What about it boys? Why are you here?</p>
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahahaha ... wife!

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

I have a rare allergy by which clean air causes me severe respiratory problems. My doctor advised that I find a place where being outside for over 10 minutes causes most people permanant lung damage, and said that would improve my health.

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

Did I have a choice? No.

• Aurélien
    Aurélien wrote:

They told me there'd be cookies.

• Tina
    Tina's猫 wrote:

aha i think it doesn't matter if you came here for studying Chinese, international trade, medical science,doing business, looking for cute girls,experiencing the amazing food,but it matters if you are enjoying it and find it meaningful. not to mention,china is absolutely speeding to be an amazing country to be explored,

and one of our wlib activitists Moming just proved this point cause he just got saved by the exclusive Leve 6 or whatever leve air condition here.hahaaaaaaaaaa

• Tina
    Tina's猫 wrote:

........................................did u break the brison?did they wash your brain?did u forget ur tattoo,your tattoo not box!!!!!

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

En, I came for the air, but I stayed for the 臭豆腐. I found that heavy particulate matter in the air combined something that smelled like a rotting hobo's nutsack absolutely cleared up my allergy concerns.

• Bobo
    Bobo wrote:

become the臭豆腐 forum hihi 

i dont know but smell horrible, if you really like it go to qianmen or wangfujing ,there maybe better . 

• Tina
    Tina's猫 wrote:

haha,Y.J what do you think so far,i believe ur mom made a good choice for u

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahahaha ... Y.J ... since 13, huh? So you have been here how long, one year?

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

DD, I had my driver license when I turned to 18 and I've got 1 year driving experience since then. ;P

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahahahaha ... Y.J ... if you like China that much, you might not like Sydney or Oz ... its air is too fresh and most places are too clean ...

Stephanie ... so you are younger than Y.J?? By the way, and sorry for not asking you sooner, have you heard from your friends in NZ? How bad is it?

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

DD,comparing my fake profile with YJ,,, yes, I am younger...Im only 10 years old...  

I KNOW!!! poor Christchurch .... :( I've been trough the earthquake twice when I was there... that was ... THREATENING.... 

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Kellyking, I don't try baby, it just comes out this way.

In case you still haven't got the nuances of English, the thread was intended to be sarcastic in the first place...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahahaha ... Stephanie ... does the man of your (recent) dreams know that you are under age? So anyone you know are in or around CC when that happened?

Y.J ... are you sure? The air is so fresh and the sky is so blue in Oz that it sometimes seemed surreal to me, heehee ... by the way, though I studied and grew up in Brisbane, and absolutely loved the city (and also the Coast too), I would be concerned about living there due to the recent (and possibly future) rain/water/flood ...

• Mac
    Mac wrote:

cause of I was born in here

• Monica Dalseghagen

1.came to work

2.prove if every chinese knows kungfu like i saw in almost every jet-li,jackie chan movie

3.experience the super sonic sounding language

4.find out why the country never produces anyone fit for MISS WORLD!

• Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

because I was tired of  living in a violent country with crack heads.

• Erik Røger
    Erik Røger wrote:

number 2

joke

3.I wanted to learn Chinese. Because you know, being that all overseas Chinese actually speak Cantonese, speaking Mandarin is a really useful skill outside of China.

• Anne-Line Søderholm

You sound like Roert Black

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Hey, this was a good thread. Probably because of people like me. There should be more of those; that would be more entertaining me, which is really what matters. At least, it's what matters to me, and I'm usually right. So any new reasons why people are still here? I had to pick up some experience in a new field to boost my resume for when I look for a real job in the fall.

• Alex ^∞
    Alex ^∞ wrote:

1 cos i wanted to learn kung fu

2 cos i wanted to get to the root of east asian mystique

3 cos i wanted to understand eastern philosophy

4 cos i thought ppl were less materialistic in asia

teehee

• Sonja Lund
    Sonja Lund wrote:

@Alex

agree with the first three ideas,definitely disagree the fourth.

• Sonja Lund
    Sonja Lund wrote:

@joep haha,i like ur answer...did you have a plastic surgery?

• Sonja Lund
    Sonja Lund wrote:

@rockstar

i think you came here for keeping the master here busy deleting comments like urs.....lol.....i dont know why they did it though.you make the forum more interesting.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.