Discussion » Feedback & Suggestions » 5 year plan for yourself

• Me In Beijing 2.0
    Me In Beijing 2.0 wrote:
    Do you make 5 year plans to achieve certain goals in life? Or you just go with the flow? What do you think is better and are you satisfied with your life/career now?
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:

@Shadow, 說的太好。

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

if we can learn anything from history, i think 5-year plans are best avoided!

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahaha, five years huh? Get the hell away from China, and back to Sydney ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahaha ... I know I am going home, but what do you want to do in Sydney?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... we have three bedrooms in the house in Hornsby, close to transport (train station) and a huge Westfield shopping center ... want a room? heehee ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... there is a new train line between Chatswood and Epping, and one of the stops is Macq U, and you can choose the North Shore line from Hornsby to Chatswood, or the Strathfield line from Hornsby from Epping, and you can then change at either (think of it as a A shape or triangle) ... but then, Sydney train runs better than BJ subway, and even if you live on the southern side of Sydney, transportation is still very convenient :)

• Fabian Kollen
    Fabian Kollen wrote:

I love this thread, it drags me think about some serious things in life.

Going with flow is a  kind of way of life style for most people, but what I want to say is that whether  you are able to make plan for your life is depended on how much control do you have to your life, if you have enough control, then the plan will come to you by itself but not you have to make it by yourself.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... were you there as a temporary visitor/tourist or student? I am sure as a full time student, you could get a student pass to travel for much less ... as a senior citizen, my mum can travel anywhere in Sydney within the same calendar day for the low price of 2.50 (or 3.50?), and I am sure the student pass is not very expensive ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Oz is simply a good place to retire, and hopefully still true the time when we retire ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... it would seem that your family had migrated to Sydney already?

• Fabian Kollen
    Fabian Kollen wrote:

Why do some people even don't dicuss the topic but take it as a chatting room? if anyone would like chatting or talking shiits, why don't u use PM function???

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... ok ... let's see how it goes ... we did have plans to set up a "Fat Live in Sydney" web site in future, and maybe, just maybe, we will pay copyright to this site and call it "We Live in Sydney" instead, and set up an associated site then ...

• kö
    wrote:
    no 5 years plan `` but i have 10years plan ```that is "XXXXXXXXXXXX" God bless i still live this world Amen```````
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:

@Shadow, нет. My mother did a very poor job teaching me (or I was a bad student?), and my dear Russian teacher Shadow is so far away...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... Dan ... did any of the above help you to understand why this thread might only be worth for a chat?

Reaon one:

There is a famous new-age (or recycled ancient?) Chinese saying, planning cannot catch up with changes, and many of us make changeable plans, or we just draft plan, but not necessarily put everything into action ...

I cannot say that I have met many people, but my own observation (just an observation, so blame it on the sampling if you, or anyone, dont agree) is that people who made long term plan are people who had not experienced much major "down" or upsets in their lives ...

This might sound hypocritical for an insurance agent to say so, because we promote planning ahead in life, however, insurance is more about covering (or planning about) what you cannot plan ...

Reason two:

Most people on this site are not "stayers" (maybe except those who are making millions working on projects worth billions), rather just "passing by“, and they cannot be sure where their next step is, leave alone within five years ...

So, nice thread ... but I'd say, this is not the rigth place :)

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.