Discussion » Music » My space!

• Peter S 李贝勒
    Peter S 李贝勒 wrote:
    <p>Hi everybody!</p> <p>I just wonder how "My space" is working in china? is it ok? very slow or fast? or is it like facebook, U tube? i m not in china these days and i use it to promote bands.</p> <p>U can try there http://www.myspace.com/pierrebilliard</p> <p>Then, if u have access to myspace, i d like to have different point of view of what U think of it? like or don t like? why? what do u think i should add or delete? tell me, please?</p> <p>U can say all what u think, i won t take it badly (otherwise, i don t ask, eheh)</p> <p>thank u all</p> <p>Have a sunny day</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>DJ Space Monkey</p>
  • Saint - Spartacus

My space is ''OUT'' ...U 've to creat u own website for a promotion, otherwise ... blocked

• Peter S 李贝勒

fuck... U really cannot have a look?

• Amalie Sæverud

it works fine, don't worry! just have a look!! it's ok! but not imprssed much! don't understand, you really need to use your half naked , wired pictures as the background?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... not exactly very familiar with this ... but I heard something about MSN going out of business, and within China, it had been moved to Sina? Or is it about something else?

• Linn Nesse
    Linn Nesse wrote:

well, myspace is dead. it's more like a musical site.

• Peter S 李贝勒

In fact, they did a new version who s full of "wenti". But it's always working and it s always a good way to promote a band or an artist. In fact, it s always the best. And better than facebook, or others websites who are not really convinient for musicians.

@the late Twenties

I really like the picture, cause it s done with an "argentic pellicule" so, no photoshop at all just the color of the real pic. But maybe u right, in background it s too much. I will think about...

Can u listen the music easely and what about the video?

slow or?

• Saint - Spartacus

that picture so  PS effect , can't see much in photography esthetic and that makes a   creepy feeling, your sound give a feeling as a sorte of remix from vitalic and l'oeuf raid, but a version less impressive ... ...

well another funny story, as ''drew barrymore'' said in

(He's Just Not That Into You)

My space is an official date-web-site , and every one is the super star, SO let's our 5 years old boys show off his talent  ...  Yupi  ^^

• Peter S 李贝勒

There s no Photoshop effect, not at all. It s just an uncommon way to take a pic with a special method. Then, why I m going to say bullshitt? for what?

i don t use myspace for dating someone, i have a girlfriend that i truely love. I use MYspace as a professionnal musician, and that's in my job to show what i do as all the musicians i know do. (oh and about l oeuf raide and vitalic, they have a myspace, eheh... and i like l oeuf but vitalic, really less.)

If U don t like my music, i can understand. tastes are tastes "le gout et les couleurs".

and, i have no pretention, i just do my music, and i like it... and when i m sideman for someone, i do my best to be good on stage, or on studio. I think after millions album sales, MTV,  a lot of collaboration with great artists, and 15 years of beeing musician, i know my job. I always do my best to give to people.

I can feel anger in ur words, do u have problems these days?

and we start to be very far from a constructive criticism, the opposite of the aim of my post...

anyway, wish u a sunny day.

and hope to have real interesting feedback...

• Linn Nesse
    Linn Nesse wrote:

supposed the radio only has a mono output, like a site given a simplex theme. for websites, remember one thing - dont change your style until you really know the market.

• Simen Wangberg

MySpace kinda blows anymore. I never use it, and the vast majority of Chinese folks don't either. If you're doing music promotion and whatnot, it's not bad, but I think Douban is where it's at, at least in China. Most of my friends back home are using Bandcamp or Youtube to show off their shit, MySpace is on its way out.

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

Band camp is tops these days, soundcloud is also pretty stellar.

• Peter S 李贝勒
    thank U all! @ Mike and Kieran : i will considere about using Band camp, but i wanna be sure that we can use it in china... It s ok in beijing?

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.