Discussion » Nonsense » simple life

• JoyceJan
    JoyceJan wrote:
    <p>why simple life its hard to achieve ?</p>
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

When we die, simpler lifeforms will eat what's left.

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

Sometimes I suspect it it is we who are the simpler lifeforms...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... it is funny (or to a certain degree, ironic) that most "modern" businesses over the last 40 years or so (or perhaps more), in China and also worldwide, would be "dead" without computers and phones, whereas if earlier (our parents or their parents) were doing just fine without them ...

Many moons ago, someone here talked about "progress" and my opinion then was (and still is) that for each little progress that human made, we sacrifice a little bit of ourselves as well ...

Joyce ... I assume you would still want to use basic utility such as gas, water and electricity, right? If so, then it is of course possible to live "a simple life" ... but you are most likely to cut out most human contacts without phones (dont think too many people use pigeons these days?) ... do you suppose that would be possible? or you are indeed seeking complete isolation?

• Micky
    Micky wrote:

Joyce, Plz correct me if I'm wrong I think you're mixing "Simple life with Luxury life"

A luxuy life style is full of  material object, conducive to sumptuous living rather than a necessity.

The life we live now, cell phones, Tv, PC and even in some cases cars are no longer luxury but necessity (This may not imply to some countries around the world though)

There's nothing wrong with using a cell phone of 300rmb (if you're in China) ; the basic functions of a cell phone are to make, recieve calls and send text messages why buy phone of 7000rmb?

Do you know how many Hummer cars "Arnold Schwarzenegger" had and how many "Bill Gate" has? I know one African leader, the press went to him and asked&

• Micky
    Micky wrote:

I know one African leader, the press went to him and asked  "Sir, how many cars do you have? He replied only 20cars.

Joyce, how many times have you seen someone who's genuinely hungry and you give him bread? how many times have you donated 5rmb to the needy?

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Neither is pimpin'.

• Saint - Spartacus

in '' blow up'' the role ''walter benjamin'' said :'' she's easy to living , no, not that easy... ...'' a '' simple '' life depens on which degree of simple and what type of simple... ...

type of agree with '' because simple ain't easy''

maybe a ''simple'' life is a life after all experiences and the moment in the top of a wiseness life

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

Think how complicated we are, then would make your life a little easier...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... being a jolly person that I am ... Adjusting (aka Gloria), please stop scaring little kids, as far as Joyce is concerned, the world (possibly) still looks beautiful, but you had just made it very dark and gloomy ...

• Simen Wangberg

"I should put some sunny comments, shouldnt I?"

No. Better for her to know that life is short, painful and largely pointless. But that doesn't have to be a bad thing - rather, it should serve as an encouragement to try as hard as one can to live a productive, fruitful life.

Hey Joyce - news flash kiddo. Life gets harder and stupider as you get older. The worries and concerns you have now will only get more complicated in the future. But you will also find that you are equipped with more wisdom and knowledge to deal with these problems as you mature and grow. Master Yoda all up in this bitch.

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

Each person, young am old should know that life is all about fight. As long as we live, it's a stuggle, till we shall die and we just have the best rest ever.

High Priest

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

阿姆雷特, I didn't know that rape is done only by leaning! Is it the only position?:)

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

It's true what fellows around here have said. Adjusting and Qwertyt. As it's been said, if u don't want ur computer to be attacked by virus, never connect to the internet. If really don't want stressful, it's would be good for us not to come in this world.

But as everyone has come up with stressing up about the hardship of this live, here I'd come with a message of hope.

Stress touches everyone. Demands at work, family crises, guilt, uncertainty about the future, dissatisfaction with the past__ these all are hard enough. All this, with the general events of  life, can put pressure on people that it affects their physical and mental health.

Therefore, to try to live this life, let us to try to live one day at the time. This is where people who have believe get confort. It's been written:

-Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear? These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today.

Just to sum up, make sure to enjoy each single say, we can't change anything that might happen tomorrow, today is in our hands, tomorrow, everything's gonna be alright.

High Priest__Universal church

• Amalie Sæverud

or face the wall,   put your hands against it, and make sure you legs are standing comfortalbly and can give good suppor to your body! Knock your head onto the wall like 50 times, then you will live a simple life! Congratulations!

• Amalie Sæverud

thanks dear!

Stop thinking too much , if you can't do that, cut the wire to your brain!

The life isn't simple, it never has and never will. But you can choose to be a simple person! And this is the only thing you can do, if you want simple!

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.