Discussion » Travel » Guitars on China Eastern

• Eastwood
    Eastwood wrote:
    <p>I'm coming from Japan to Beijing on China Eastern, and there's a guitar I am looking into purchasing while I'm here. I would get a hard case for it, but I don't want to buy something so beautiful to only have it broken in half and be told that they thought that a hard body electric contained illicit substances.</p> <p>Is there any advice I can get? Would China eastern take care of my new baby? I could buy a cheap one in China but ideally I think I'd rather buy it here.</p>
  • Simen Wangberg

Japanese guitars, no shit son. You've made the right choice.

As far as actually getting it over here - you're best off claiming that as your carry-on, no way in hell you wanna check that thing. Even if you got a hardshell case for it, it'd get banged and thrown around enough that you'd probably need to get it set-up again after you got here. Which I also wouldn't recommend.

This is a good rule of thumb for any airline, the Western ones will throw your shit around enough too.
  • Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

How's the experience in Japan? "Hello Kitty is everywhere huh? lol

• Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

dont buy chinese made guitars.

japanese or american dude.

• Charlotte Klemp

Coming from Germany via London, I even took my bass-guitar as hand-carry luggage.

Especially the Asian airlines are even much more relaxed about the handcarry stuff. Don't take another bag with you on the plane; just the guitar case and you"ll be fine!

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

Sounds like you guys are professional musician..  c'mon... just buy a cheap one in China.. lol...

• Simen Wangberg

"dont buy chinese made guitars. japanese or american dude."

I think that's why he said this: "I could buy a cheap one in China but ideally I think I'd rather buy it here." - "here" being Japan, where he currently is.

@Clint: just take it on the damn plane with you as a carry-on. Asian airlines, Western airlines...doesn't matter. ALL of them will beat the shit out of your guitar if you check it.

They won't give a shit if you bring it as your carry-on - actually, if you're super-polite and ask them when you first get on the plane, they might even stow it somewhere up front for you so you don't have to cram it into one of those overhead bins.

• 陆峥
    陆峥 wrote:
    Ayers Guitar Welcome You ADD:The great mall(中国第一商城),A2802,Xiaozhuang NO.6,Chaoyang road,Chaoyang district,Beijing,China TEL:010-65065146

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.