Discussion » Nonsense » Attention: Female Names and Effects

• №❶ Passioη
    №❶ Passioη wrote:
    <p style="text-align: justify;">Welcome to yet another</p> <p style="text-align: justify;">&nbsp;</p> <p style="text-align: justify;">You should know, in case you're thinking of choosing a common "western name" for your sister / child / gf ETC...You should know in case any of these&nbsp; females are chasing you / being chased by you. After 5 years of intensive research of which 1.5 years was spent learning the Beijing chapter, hurray! results are finally released, the effect of these names:</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p><strong>Sabrina</strong> (Original stalker) - She'll never rest until she finds out everything about a male</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p><strong>Nikkie </strong>(Sweet talker) &ndash; Seemingly promiscuous like hell, but every other male is sexy in her sight</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p><strong>Tina</strong> (impatient) &ndash; She wants everything her way, and quickly</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p><strong>Alice</strong> (Ignorant) &ndash; She has a lot to learn no matter how old she is.</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p><strong>Alicia</strong> (Indifferent snob) - doesn't respond to stimulus</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p><strong>Penny</strong> (Proud ass bitch) - worthless pride</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p><strong>Crystal</strong><strong> </strong>(Selfish) - will only expect you to care about her feelings, delete all the females from your phone, QQ, MSN but wont do the same for you.</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p><strong>Lynn</strong> (Childish emotional freak) - She will go to a male's house without permission, intending to catch him with another female. So annoying</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p><strong>Sally</strong> (Elegant but wild) - Perfect combination of a babe and a bitch... don&rsquo;t love her for too long</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p><strong>Stephanie / Stephany</strong> (mysterious but careless) - wants to go everywhere doing everything with everyone while not exposing much about herself.</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p><strong>Cissy / Sissy</strong> (10% Angel, 96% Devil) &ndash; &ldquo;angel&rdquo; by looks, devil in a relationship</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p><strong>Cecilia</strong> (Heart Trailer) &ndash; don&rsquo;t give all your heart to this kind of female</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p><strong>Maggie </strong>(lovely Frustrator) &ndash; That&rsquo;s the best way to put it, never keeps her promises</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p><strong>Chloe</strong> (Sweet in bed) &ndash; Only in bed</p> &#
  • №❶ Passioη

what the hell? some names disappeared. Shit.. Anyway, type again

Christina (Wayward) – you have to me a master in the art of reverse psychology to succeed with this kind of female

Cindy (Lazy ass) – she doesn’t want to do anything

Patricia (Lier) – most pretentious thing on earth. She’ll also lie about a lie

Veronica (Control Freak) she better just play the male role while you play female. Fair enough.

Amy (Confused ) – No matter how old she is, she’ll go far but does not know what she wants…

Ann (Playful) – You’d like to keep her as your pet but don’t live with her

Meredith (Cursed) – She’ll ruin your life if you’re not careful

Nancy (ONS freak) - After every dick she gets, she'll still be in search for another

Catherine / Katherine / Cathy / Kathy / Cat / Kat (Cat indeed) – extremely arrogant, doesn’t count her blessings from you… only waits for you to make a mistake which she never forgets. In other words: inconsiderate

Stacy (Troublemake) – She’ll unwittingly cause different factions to fight for her.

Vivian (Attractive personality) – You can love her but don’t live with her

Hannah (Mature minded) – You’ll never have problems with her if you treat her as sweetly as she treats you.

Jenny (boring) – She’ll love you but you’ll get tired of being with her

Carrie (A pain in the ass) – She’ll only want you when she’s bored

Agnes (Sweet heart) – close to perfection. Just the female of your dreams

Angel / Angelina / Angelika / Angela (heartbreaker) – Dont accept this kind of female into your life

There are many more name interpretation on the master register – so if you don’t find the name of the female who’s chasing you, paste her name here and I’ll tell your future with her. Good Luck!

• №❶ Passioη

Get some sleep bella... you're still drunk :P

• №❶ Passioη

On the master list what I find is "Fiona" (Romantically Inactive)... it means she doesn't initiate anything, almost always you start, quite a boring female... at times you're in a position to force her... this kind of girl will become a problem in future. Breakup with her

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

your man whore thread is much hilarious than this one... 

• Amalie Sæverud

wow,  Passion, you seem to have tons of frustrating moment and failed relationship during your limited stay in Beijing!

and I agree with Stephanie, definitely not your best shot! it's more like something you will read during your toilet time!

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I thought the manwhore thread was lame too, but for me to have pointed it out would have seemed petty because my entry seemed like a deliberate insult. Moi, too sensitive? How I (and the other halves of my failed relationships) so sincerely wish that were true.

But hey, no hard feelings. I'm just too slick for any labels to stick.

in b4 butthurt tantrums from OP

• №❶ Passioη

hehe, I never saw the manwhore thread anyway - sounds insane but I'm sure it's not related to this one in anyway.

@Coco - I'm hoping I'm a better superstar than just a "femaliser" :D. it might interest you to know I had a Coco before for about 2 months, she wasn't bad... but going by the rule of "intensive research", I've got to have at least 2 more Cocos to draw a conclusive theory about the effects of the name...

@The Late 20s (you should get a shorter name) - There were good and bad experiences just like for everyone else... but however this taught me not to put all eggs in one basket so here we go with more summary...

Good Girls: Ivy, Joanne, Wendy, Cherry, Linda (except the Lindas who choose the name because their chinese name is Lin), Sylvia, Janet, Pricilla, Bella, Lucy, Sophie, Susan, Selina.

Bad Girls: Amanda, Vicky, Tiffany, Jessica, Marria, Joy, joyce, Jane, Vivi, Ashley, Diana, Emma, Elaine, Jill, Grace, Lisa, Monika, Hellen.

If I remember clearly...

• Stephanie Xu
    Stephanie Xu wrote:

just from a name  ,you know the perosn who is bad or good

this is ridiculous ......

• Zoé
    Zoé wrote:

hah..fortunately no zoe...

• Ms. Stephanie
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... Zoé ... I would not be so sure if I were you ...

Stephanie ... group effort of the annual dinner? heehee ...

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

DD... yea.. you got me... lol

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahaha,was the food that bad?

• №❶ Passioη

@ Stephanie - It's deeper than that ;)

@ Zoe - You're double safe :D Why?

Reason1 - I only had 1 Zoe in my Singapore days, not many enough to speak for the name.

Reason2 - The 1 Zoe I had was quite a good one. One of the very few 'real female'.

@ DD - As usual, you're 110% right.. count me in

Disclaimer: The names and characters portrayed on this page are real though the visuals may be ficitious. Even though #1 Passion may 骑马 and 挤牛奶 with several, he does not believe one female's dignity should be at the expense of another's

• Joakim Berg Solum

I've always been attracted to girls with K names... like Kristen, Katrina, Kathy, etc. Probably because I haven't met that many ugly Kristen's yet...

• Joakim Berg Solum

Don't dismiss common names so easily, Bridget. There's a reason I chose the English name Jon. Most people with no Chinese background can't pronounce my Chinese name in pinyin so I chose Jon as the most easily recognizable name. Everyone can pronounce Jon. No problems anymore :P

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

新鲜女, I'll have to be honest with you about those names. Eleanor is kind of elegant but it gives off the impression of someone who is maybe arrogant or thinks other people are below them. Doris sounds like a grandmother's name and Gretchen... well there are few names I'd call ugly but Gretchen is one of them.

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Passion, I gotta say I agree with Stephanie and Dando here. This reads like a list of grievances and is not nearly as fun as that man-whore thread (DD, I don't suppose you can unearth that one?)

Anyway, good to have you back.

• 外交猫
    外交猫 wrote:

Doris sounds like an 80 year old grandmother.  Gretchen sounds like a 50 year old grandmother.  Eleanor is barely hanging on as a contemporary name -- barely.  It's still a little grandmotherly.  But there are some younger girls with that name too.  If you must pick one, go with Eleanor.  But frankly all three of those names are way out of fashion in the US at least.  Can't speak for the rest of the Anglo world...

• Ekki
    Ekki wrote:

Gretchen sounds like Wretched

• №❶ Passioη

@ Jon Gu - Hehehe 兔年快乐... Right indeed. You might also wanna know Jon John Johan Joao etc means "Accidental Player" perhaps that's the fate we both suffer from :D but fortunately for us this particular thread is about female names。Say my BIG HELLO to "Sigh Na"... Oh and her cat LOL.

@ Ekki - I wouldn't agree more with the rhyme analysis method. All 3 kates I had were hot tempered and ended up really hating me for something very minor. I mean Kates Mate but really Hate, that's Fate. So I was thinking forwarding the "H"ates Oops I mean the "K"ates to Jon Gu if he still has a thing for K names :) Jon?

However, I'm hoping to be able to say something about Gretchens. Any volunteers? Grannies excluded pls

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... someone called?

Again, I do envy many of you for the "freedom" of choosing your own name, my name (both Christian and Chinese) were "given" and it (kind of) identifies who I am, so although I did think about changing that, I decided against it ...

Back to the thread ... I had some trouble understanding the meaning of this thread at first, I even thought it was about choosing a name for baby girl, which was ery angelic for №❶ Passioη to have done so, but after reading carefully, the "light bulb" blinked and then I realised that this is his personal "score card" ... which is very similar to me saying "hey, here's a list of all the good and bad restaurants I have dined at before" ...

I dont think the personality of a person is (or could ever be) based on just a name, because it is common for two (and more) very different persons to have the same name, including both surname and given name (just try to "baidu" how many 向东or向南 that share the same surname in China) ... having seen/met many kids from different background and families for 30+ years, my mother joked that boys called 强 are very thin and/or get sick very often, those with the name 文 are actually not very smart (or something like that, heehee) ... of course, this is just a silly sampling of more than thousands of past students, but, names dont represent a person or his/her life, it is the person who decides what to make of his/her name ...

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Uncle D, I dont' know your Chinese name, but your English name is great. Maybe it determined that you will be an x-man or something.

My name is 莫明, so of course I'm not too 聪明。

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... 莫明, of all the x-men characters, I identify myself most with Prof Xavier, all I am missing is a shiny bald head and a wheel chair ... as for my Chinese name, the other "me" had made a forture in Hong Kong in the 80's and 90's, being the first to start English language training outside normal school curriculum ...

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

I have a shiny bald head. If someone will just loan us a baseball bat, we'll be in business!

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha, I am afraid I dont follow, what's the baseball bat for?

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Well, someone's going to need to be put in a wheel chair...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... dont be harsh ... I only counted how many times he said "come" ...

• №❶ Passioη

:D I do have mallets but no baseball bats... hmmm equally effective?

@You - Any reasonable person with a working brain will agree with DD (refering to his 2nd previous post)... but I don't... and going by Bridget's "it makes no sense"... do include an "n" between the "no & sense" see what you get... oh yeah.. that's where you find this thread...

@The rest of the "trollers", there's something special for you... just wait

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.