Discussion » Music » Do u like Jazz?有没有喜欢爵士乐的朋友呢?

• Marlboro
    Marlboro wrote:
    <p>有没有喜欢爵士乐的朋友呢?我们分享一下喜欢的乐手和有现场演出的地方吧~</p> <p><span title="点击可显示其他翻译">There</span>&nbsp;<span title="点击可显示其他翻译">is no</span>&nbsp;<span title="点击可显示其他翻译">friend</span>&nbsp;<span title="点击可显示其他翻译">like</span>&nbsp;<span title="点击可显示其他翻译">jazz</span><span title="点击可显示其他翻译">? We</span>&nbsp;<span title="点击可显示其他翻译">share</span>&nbsp;<span title="点击可显示其他翻译">favorite</span>&nbsp;<span title="点击可显示其他翻译">musicians and</span>&nbsp;<span title="点击可显示其他翻译">local</span>&nbsp;<span title="点击可显示其他翻译">bar</span>&nbsp;<span title="点击可显示其他翻译">with live entertainment</span></p>
  • Fabian Kollen
    Fabian Kollen wrote:
    I like Jazz music, especially the cool Jazz. I know there's a Jazz club called CD CAFE at east 3rd ring road.
  • Amie
    Amie wrote:

LOVE JAZZ. there are two places i recommend here in beijing, you can have a lovely Jazz night. 1. CJW at the Place. 2. East shore cafe at Houhai.

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

love Jazz... 

V.A bar plans live Jazz sometimes.. haven't gotta chance to watch so far..

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

o,,0 .... V.A is a bar at wudaoying hutong... 

• WENwen
    WENwen wrote:

addict to Youdai  'all that Jazz'

• Webslave
    Webslave wrote:

i enjoy jazz a lot, especially bebop, cool and free jazz, some fusion is also very nice.

beside CD Cafe and VA Bar there is also East Shore near Houhai.

• Peter S 李贝勒

yes, so, cd jazz, VA, CJW, east shore, i performed in all these venue. there's a new place in nan luo gu xiang next to salud. I saw bands there the wednesday evening.

Then, in jazz, i advice to discover by artists.

in my opinoion, most importants are Charlie Parker, Miles Davis, Jhon Coltrane, Herbie Hancock, Wayne shorter, Ron Carter.

Actually, the best jazz band are the quartet of Wayne Shorter with Danilo Perez on piano ,Jhon Pattitucci on doublebass, Brian Blade on Drum and the band of Dave Holland. These 2 bands are far from bepop and cool. it s really modern. The communication between musicians is really amazing. They all have the ability to 'react live' with purpose to an idea proposed by an another musician of the band. They establish a conversation. Then, this conversation become a story...

• Virgil W
    Virgil W wrote:

Jazz! Jazz! Do I like jazz? Hell no!

I love it , Coltrane all day every day.

• Marlboro
    Marlboro wrote:

Ha ha ha, it seems like there are so many friends ~ ~ 
    thank斯坦利 talked aboutthe CD JAZZ club.50's great ...

Thanks
    AmieaAmieamentioned CJW   East shore cafe at Houhai.

Andy

安迪~ actually quite loving, ah .... Nat King Cole<span title="点击可显示其他

• Marlboro
    Marlboro wrote:

Andy ~ actually quite loving, ah .... Nat King Cole's LOVE Unforgettable When I Fall In Love, and so far it is sung ~ ~ Louis Armstrong's What A Wonderful World is not to saythat La Vie En Rose song The film also has appeared in well-E, and, very classic

• Marlboro
    Marlboro wrote:

Ms. Stephanie

Ms. Stephanie : I'm sorry I know you said that place thanks introduced east shore

• Marlboro
    Marlboro wrote:

Spire Arsov

Spire ArsovThank you introduced to me musicians .Chet Baker  is my favorite  one of  the musicians.i'll get to know that.

• Marlboro
    Marlboro wrote:
  • Marlboro
    Marlboro wrote:

WENwen

WENwen :You give me the music I heard. sounds like a lot of strings. what is the style?

• Marlboro
    Marlboro wrote:

Pierre B Stone.

Pierre B Stone:You really good professional,i like you said that" in jazz, i advice to discover by artists".

Miles Davis imy favorite  one of  the musicians.I often listen to jazz piano.Bill Evans&Billy Taylor<I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be Free >&Michel Petruccian

Look forward to receiving your story.

thanks~

• Webslave
    Webslave wrote:

unfortunately, the Beijing jazz scene doesnt have too much to offer, i wished there would be more vivid free jazz, instead most what you get is bebop or sometimes cool and a lot blues/funk/swing elements mixed into it.

BTW, there is also a nice Thai-restaurent named Purple Haze Bistro:
    http://jazzy.rockinchina.com/w/Purple_Haze_Bistro

the owner Tobias Demker is also bass play for blues band Black Cat Bone and heavy metal band Bad Mamasan

they regulary offer live jazz at week ends. But better give them a call and ask for detals on gigs.

• Webslave
    Webslave wrote:

@Spire Arsov

yeah, me too, i have been there once for dinner, the thai food was really great. but i havent have luck to catch a show there yet.

@all

how about we find a nice show and go together?

• Webslave
    Webslave wrote:

@Spire Arsov

there are two purple haze places, the one with jazz/blues gigs is at Dongsi, it indeed has a yard but there is also several rooms nicely decorated, the stage is actually in the main room, not outside. I can imagine it must be a beautiful place in the summer for gigs and beers too.

@all

i will try to finde out when will be the next jazz gig in one of those jazz places in town and let you guys know.

• Webslave
    Webslave wrote:

you might be disappointed by the Beijing scene as well. I have been to JZ in Hangzhou, it was nice but not too fancy. VA Bar has a "experimental music" show on 10th Feb. but that's not Jazz either.

• Peter S 李贝勒

@Marlboro

I like Nat king cole, or Chet, and so many u said up... I listened carefully and learn from them, but it s a little bite far from me even if i respect them deeply. All these artists are too smooth or too old for me or both.(but sometimes one album remember u the basic, eheh) What is really talked to me is really more modern, and full of energy! 

"Shorter", in composition, and feeling, is my favorite jazz man.

He played with "Miles", he did "Weather Report" in the 70's (who s definitly the father of fusion)

then the second is "Herbie Hancock"

with miles, with the Headhunters, and in trio or quartet. Really good. i should say enormous, awesome, niu bi... I m not a fan of his last electro albums, but in trio jazz or in Funkjazz! wow!!!

@webslave,

Yes, i forgot the purple haze! and, u right, this place is nice. I performed 2 times with Black cat bone, Tobias was not able to do the gig. I liked this band!

• Peter S 李贝勒

@Marlboro

Oh, and i forgot, if u want a good piano jazz, U should listen the "Koln concert" from "Keith Jareith"... I think it s a master piece, maybe "THE Master piece"...

The way he develop his ideas is amazing, really clever and full of emotions!!! If u cook for a girl at home, u should listen it, to install a romantic and relax mood, eheh...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.