Discussion » Food & Drink » Coffee!!!

• Spire Arsov
    Spire Arsov wrote:
    <p>Yo any input on where i can grab a decent coffee maker (filter coffee) i'm not looking for a high end gadget... just one that's work for 1-2 years :)</p> <p>any ideas?</p>
  • Simen Wangberg

A store.

Just go down to your local Carrefour/Gome/Dazhong/Suning/whatever and pick one up. I know this isn't your native country or whatever, but it's not like you have to go all the way to the Friendship Store to make a selection from this month's shipment of bananas or whatever. That shit went out with the '90s. You can get most of the shit you could ever want/need in your kitchen from Chinese big-box stores like the ones previously mentioned.

Although I can't believe WuMei doesn't sell basil. Come fucking on.

• Webslave
    Webslave wrote:

i just have been to one of the electro market chain Su Ning, they have filter coffee machines mostly for 300 - 500 RMB but it seems none of them are made to use those paper filters i m used to, instead they all have this think metal net filter in it. The cheapest was a small one for 160 RMB.

I dont know where you live, but you could try to find a "small items wholesale market" (小商品批发市场 xiao shang pin pi fa shi chang), normally there are booths where they focus on coffee machines/cooker and utilities. I guess you can also talk to them and try it out there before buying. Normally they have cheap and decent stuff.

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

"A store."

This one needs to go in Afroman's thread.

• Webslave
  • Webslave
  • Kay
    Kay wrote:

this thread is sucks, let me dance my cat out 

• Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

Get a press dude. totally portable and makes a great cup. i got one from someone recently and kicks ass.

• Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:

We bought a small DeLonghi espresso machine at the office for roughly 700 kuai. It has filter for both single and double espresso, as well as milk frothing thingy... Only problem is that you need really small cups, as its too small for normal cups to fit under it.. further, we're buying whole beans from Arabica Roasters (they deliver, or you can buy at April Gourmet), and grind them with a cheap grinder from Taobao (180 kuai) :-)

And the coffee produced is pretty damn well worth it if you ask me!

• Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

no coffee and all work makes mike a dull boy

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.