Discussion » Dating & Romance » Opposite sex, Best friend, Do you believe them?

• A.w
    A.w wrote:
    <p>I just watched the movie &ldquo;No Strings Attached&rdquo;.&nbsp; It&rsquo;s not a great movie but it&rsquo;s funny, sweet and romantic.&nbsp; Portman and Ashton Kutcher are both beautiful people, so there&rsquo;s nothing to complain about.&nbsp; It&rsquo;s definitely not a guy movie!</p> <p>1. Girls and boys, do you really believe that you can have deep friendships with the opposite sex?&nbsp; She or he knows you as well as you know yourself.&nbsp; You can share your happiness and sadness with him or her, and you know she or he will be there when you need them.&nbsp; Is this possible without a sexual relationship? It&rsquo;s also no expectation.</p> <p>2. Do you believe that this kind of relationship will exist if you also have a &lsquo;proper&rsquo; relationship with a member of the opposite sex?&nbsp;&nbsp; Will your lover be jealous and try to cause problems?</p> <p>It&rsquo;s just likeともだちいじょう、こいびとみまん (友达以上,恋人未满)</p> <p>I am just curious - please share your thoughts.&nbsp; Both Chinese or English are OK.</p>
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ...  I think that depends on what is meant by "as well as you know yourself", but I do have a few "brothers" that I have known for 30 years or so, and we can depend on each other emotionally as they are just a phone call or Skype away, but we cannot be here or there as they are too far away ...

Does that count though?

• Simen Stensvoll

"and you know she or he will be there when you need them"

thats just the biggest expectation in a relationship.

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

I'm gonna watch this chick flick tonight...  lol....

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

I agree with Constantine's second post. It is not possible if both people are attracted to eachother. As long as the girl is not attractive, I don't see any barrier to true friendships. But if she is, why wouldn't I want to have sex with her?

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

I can have pure friendship with a guy only he is

• not attractive to me at all
    • he is a gay

Otherwise, it is like a volcano.... it's gonna erupt sooner or later....

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Bridget, people hide the feelings because they can't get with the girl/guy. That is no different from USA. But, in the case where the two people are attracted to eachother, the relationship will probably always involve sex unless both the man and woman already have partners.

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

Agree! We are animals.... It's all about finding the right hormon...

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

agree with u guys, if there is atractiion, sooner or later, with the help of the alcohol in a party or without it, will happen something. Is a old story... but the persons are attracted for different things, right?...  if a guy can have sex with a plastic doll, can be able to have a friendship with a woman??

i mean, I do not think that be ugly is a condition for develop a real friendship with a person of opposite sex, beauty doesn´t imply sexual attraction, at least beyond the times of highschool. 

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

"i think there's really no pure friendship between a man and a girl~~the closer, the more complicated."

I disagree. I have extremely close friendship with some girls, even very beautiful ones. But, that is because we have reasons not to be attracted to eachother, such as both being in relationships when we became friends. It just depends on attraction.

• Micky
    Micky wrote:

It depends on one's level of attainment; certainly you can have a trusted opposit sex friend.

You may not be that close of sleeping on same bed every night but you could do businesses together, share your feelings, get reasonable advice from one another,  could be extended to ur families. I see nothing wrong with that. Its all about self discipline. Life does not begin and end with sex

Impossible is nothing. 

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I have more close female friends than close male friends. I tend to treat my partners no better or worse than the platonic friendships. I don't see what's so difficult about this.

• Simen Wangberg

Yeah, how is this even a debate or problem for...I don't know, anyone? OH GOD THEY HAVE A DIFFERENT PART BETWEEN THEIR LEGS HOW CAN WE BE NORMAL FRIENDS. I actually have no idea what any of you are even talking about by this point.

• Ekki
    Ekki wrote:

my best friend is a guy. i'd trust him with anything. i tell him everything. whatever he asked of me, i'd try not to refuse (no, not talking sexual favours here, you asshats)

part of what makes our friendship so great is that i know i can be 100% honest and say anything on my mind (whether it's about him or anything else), and he will accept it. i'd like to think that he feels the same about me

if any guy i liked couldn't accept my friendship with him, they wouldn't have a chance. my friendships come first, because the ones i hold close to my heart become a part of my family.

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Ekki, is your friend either A) not handsome, B) an ex-lover, or C) in a relationship?

Otherwise, why aren't you hooking up?

• Simen Wangberg

Hahaha.  纯爷儿们好!Although actually, I don't know if I could even drink one bottle of 二锅头 anymore, let alone five. I'm getting old or something. Rock shows are good though.

A lot of my closest friends both in the States and elsewhere have been ladies. They just listen more better, ya know? And they value other people that not only listen, but have interesting things to say back to them. I'm also very humble, and I work out every day. YEAP.

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

Hey Mike, what will be the next time your band play? I'd love to watch sometime.

• Simen Wangberg

The next time my band will play...that would be never. No, we still need a 2nd guitarist and a singer. Watch for 危机 to start burning up stages near you sometime in late spring/early summer. Maybe. Hopefully. Probably!

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

Whatever. Do you have problem with it @ GodFatherrrrrr ... ?

I don't wanna involve any of this sarcasm shit..not in a mood... 

Leave me alone..

• Simen Wangberg

I never said I could rap good

But I can still blow it up in your 'hood

Think I made it out of Harvard 大学?

My bad - you can't read simple Chinese, eh?

Forget about it, don't wanna cause any butthurt

You insult yourself well enough - my time, it ain't worth

And I'm out.

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

What, Mike is actually DeMoya back from the dead?

By the way, that bastard is officially dead since he didn't accept my facebook request. Doesn't matter that other people have talked to him recently - he's dead.

• Simen Wangberg

I wish I would've bookmarked that shit. His rhymes were golden. I don't know if I'm qualified to fill his shoes, but who is?

• Ekki
    Ekki wrote:

i'm so glad he called you a rapper and not a raper.

• Simen Wangberg

I'll take "Therapist" for $100, Alex. 

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Buckfutter!

• Ekki
    Ekki wrote:

he's a raper, man can he rape.

• Ejdnzlaj
  • Kay
    Kay wrote:

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahaha ... 莫明 ... "DeMoya"? An evolved version of DeMola? Being who he is (or was), I think his next "form" should be "DeMole" instead? ... or, could he have come back already and currently possess one of these names on the forum?

... and people, you have completely turned this into a anal-pressure-release session, instead of what Ami wanted to talk about ...

• Tina
    Tina's猫 wrote:

yes,best friend,opposite gender,i witnessed this kind of thing,but i believe it's rare.and it's so hard for the gf to deal with this.and sometimes fights happened because of it

• Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

even if my best friend was a girl there will always be a chance we'd get into bed.

so the answer is no.

plutonic friends don't except except pre-revolutionary times ;)

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Phil, I think you totally missed the point. You're talking about being friends with someone who has a boyfriend, and thus should clearly not be interested in you. Of course those relationships are common.

Harmonious, the "friends of boyfriends" who seem like good friends are more often than not just horrible friends to the boyfriend, and will be trying to jump on you as soon as you and boyfriend have a fight. I expect my guy friends to be casual friends with my girlfriend, but there is something really wrong if they start calling her all the time.

• Kristian Svoren

well... i will tell you more later...a bit drunk now but thumbs up for Afroman ...men understand men and women understand women!!! bottom line!

• Saint - Spartacus

agree with John Constantine and Ms. Stephanie,

also depend how deeply the friendship is , i only have one with who talk every thing share everything , it's beautiful , it's pure and keep for life coz he's a gay

if a best friend for girl opposite , gay should bethe best choice, coz they inteligent brave sensible understand women and open and they have the same statu or identity problem with woman in this morden society morden world ,

PS : they like mans too  and they are more sincere to women they don't lagut at woman's weakness and they always their best supporters

people can be mature in anyway but how face with their real heat it's another thing

• Hanna Amalie Martinsen
  • Hanna Amalie Martinsen

go through that link... you will get better i think..!!!! lets get it started!!!

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

“... this sort of thing is often the preserve of people who are emotionally immature, if not always young in years... if you’re not into a relationship enough to do it publicly, you probably shouldn’t mess about.” Because is someone who sleeps with you on a regular basis but is too ashamed to admit it really a friend? Or just kind of a sexy jerk you hang out with? Sam has sworn to never do it again; to only have casual sex with strangers. “Go to a bar!” he says, “There are lots of [people] there!” Which, oddly enough, may just be the more salubrious choice.

Sounds like ONS is healthier than FWB...

• Hanna Amalie Martinsen

@Ami ...not at all!!!!...ejoney commenting!!! hahaha

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.