Discussion » Dating & Romance » is age a problem?

• Sally
    Sally wrote:
    <p>girls, are u attracted to a younger man? or u just cant not accpet it no matter how great this boy is?</p> <p>boys, do u guys find older women are attractive? and why?</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>awaiting ur anwers</p>
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:

It would be a problem if I look at a long term relationship, especially if the girl wants to have kids. I wouldn't consider having kids within 15 years, so if we are talking about long term and the girl wants kids, she has to be about 7 years younger than me for biological reasons. Also, we muct consider that men age better than women. I can't see myself being physically attracted to a 50 year old no matter how old I am, whereas I myself will still be stylishly bald no matter how old I get.

If we are talking about short term, all that matters age-wise is that she's legal and not wrinkled :-D

• Kay
    Kay wrote:

I agree with this one MM, i would love to have a wife who are at list 7 or 10 years younger then me... to maintain the balance of attraction while we are getting in age.

• Kay
    Kay wrote:

ha ha ha ... i like the "please" in the end

• Christopher Dame
    so uve never been to argentina age difference problems only exist in the usa
  • Sally
    Sally wrote:

@ 莫明, i also agree with u. so that's why i poped this topic out. cuz im confused. but i wasnt talking about 5 or even more years age difference. in my case, there is a 22-years-old boy wanna date me...and he is kinda my type, but i feel quite strange to date him...

@Birdget, what if this young boy is a little bit naive.... no?

@Effy and 琪琪 , i can totally get younger boy are cute and sweet. what do u feel dating them? would he start to mind the age problem after u 2 have been dating for a while?

@ Fernando Segre, tell us about argentina age difference problems ;)

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

+/- 3 works for me. Consider my age is now turning to 20, so it is illegal to date a 17 years old..lol

• Sally
    Sally wrote:

oh~~ Stephanie, i wish i could be 20 again..

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... I once dated a very sexy accountant while I was working in Hong Kong (in the 90's), she was three years older, and she loves to wear black ...

One of my "aunties" has been married to her husband, eight years her junior, for nearly (or over?) 40 years, and if I am correct, their grandkids started school last year ...

So, to answer the question, for some (if not many) people, age does not matter when it comes to love ...

And that reminds me ... hahahaha, many moons ago, a jerk on this site called himself "King of Sex", somehow thought that I am a middle age lonely woman and asked me for a date ... so, for animals, age defintely does not matter :)

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Sally,I see from your profile you're only 24? Dating a 22 year old doesn't seem like a big deal.

Ami, 我喜欢你那一句。很智慧。

Dingdang, did you go on a date with him?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... he gave me his MSN, and when I told him that I am in fact a man, he blocked me the next second ... so "no" ...

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

was it vonschnell?

I noticed he is still around, and replaced his model profile pic with a shot of someone else's abs. If anyone was curious, here's his real picture.

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

Every girl I've ever dated has been older than me. It's not that big a deal. If you feel a connection, go for it.

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

@mo ming, who is this ugly guy? 

• Minger
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:

Stephanie, he is this guy. And also this guy.

I didn't realize he had created a second profile. Not sure what his deal is with using other people's pictures, but his typical behavior on this website is purely asking girls to add him on MSN.

• Sally
    Sally wrote:

@ Bridget, i dont intend to settle down right now, so i suppose it would go short term...and he is sunny boy, may make me happy. but relationship is fracking unpredictable...so...

@ Ami, i can see ur point. im kind of feel the same. but i think it is unforgivable when dating involved  with ‘小三’ or '二奶'.  andyway, what can i say dating is such a serious thing in our chinese ppls eyes, or try... our ppl are kind of judagemental about dating issues.

@ 叮当叔叔, i also like wear black :P and hell yeah, u are attractive, lol

@莫明, 2 years seems okay, well..ummm... there are 730 days....

@Kieran,  u are right, connection is key. i shall look for that firstly.

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

@mo ming, I don't give my MSN to those strangers, so I don't know how he survived in this forum by just asking it. 

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

I think maybe he is a "spam-bot" that was built to harvest email addresses, actually. Since he likes to use pictures from male models instead of his own, I assume he isn't actually trying to hook up with anyone. In that case though, why is he only going for girls emails?

Sally, 730 days.. that's not even the amount of time I've spent sleeping? My advice is to do what you want to do. Cultural expectations are stupid. If you want to jump on him, then do it. If you don't, don't.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Sally ... I am sure you look sexy in heels, but are you also an accountant or auditor? ... and, this thread is about older girls and younger men, I am a very old man, so we are off topic anyway ...

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

Is this thread about cougars ? hmm... I do find young guys are cute tho... lol

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

Age wouldn't be a problem as it could be a problem sometimes.

The far extrems are the problems. I saw a 38 young man who fall in love and keen to get married with a 58 years old woman. I do think it's kina insane as it can be said that love is blind.

I heard there is a Chinese scholar in his 80s who got married with a 20 something years old girls. I do think it's insane and at the same time out of common pratices.

But, hey, people are free to do whatever they feel good. The extrem comes when people forget to use their brain and put emotion above all>

• Webslave
    Webslave wrote:

so the question is, does outer appearance matter?

• Kay
    Kay wrote:

I will go for 15 years above, and 10 years under... i have met women whom where older in age, but younger in mind, sensitive, and sexy, also met younger women which were so old in their mind....

this situation allow this types of combinaisons:

- young cute, immature not sexy

- young, not cute at all, full of maturity and sexy

- old cute, immature,rich and stupid

-old, not cute at all (average), full of maturity , parsonnality and deeply sexy 

- young, old, but simply empty, nothing to get from them 

like someone says it earlier in this topic, its all about connection, but i will say it in my way, " first, you better know who you are, so then you will know want you want "...

• Christopher Dame

@琪琪

in argentina age difference doesnt matter, unless of course youre talking bout hook ups and one night stands usually the guy is older

but as far as dating and marraige the age difference deal is not a big thing, there are men that are 20+ year older than women, as much as there are woman that are 20+ years older than men, and not only in argentina but other latin countries

you've got everything, ppl of the same age going out and ppl with a big age difference gap. its not a big deal, if you like each other then what the hell

• Christopher Dame

btw it is proved that in average better looking people are smarter than not good looking

• Sally
    Sally wrote:

@ 叮当叔叔,  im not a accountant nor an auditor, though i wish. in that case i could make much more money...lol

@莫名, u are right,  follow the feeling. im still not at  the cougar age, no resaon to worry...mmmm...

@琪琪,  well, for me i dont feel like im a mom to him, and im sure he dosent feel it in that way either...but i got you point. i'll consider it , thank u for sharing :)

• N-Die 北京的法国人
  • Cice Liao
    Cice Liao wrote:

just a number

• Bobo
    Bobo wrote:

my bf must older than me at least 5 years 

• Simen Stensvoll

................no,not a problem for me

• Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

it depends... ask david carridine.

• Sally
    Sally wrote:

Mike, who is david carridine....?

@Cice, yeah, it;s just a number

• Rick (史大龙)

@莫明 

Funny you and I just talked about this the other day. I think most guys would prefer a girl in her 20's no matter what his age is. I am one of those guys, I prefer a girl in her 20's, but someone that I can have an intelligent conversation with. The reason most older (single) men don't date a girl in their 20's is they don't have a chance unless they are wealthy.

@Cice Liao I agree, age is just a number. If they have some common interest the age dosen't matter.

• Shane
    Shane wrote:

Honestly, I rarely take interest in any women younger than me. I prefer at least 3 years older, mostly for maturity reasons. Anyone in college for me is basically off-limits. I like women, not girls.

• Shane
    Shane wrote:

But after I'm 50 i'll probably still like women between 27 and 33, I think that is when most people are in their prime and their most beautiful.

If my girlfriend ever put on a pink-bunny one-piece pajama, i would throw her out the fucking window. onto a picket fence.

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

Sexpat has to be one of the best words ever.

• SCOTT Wong
    SCOTT Wong wrote:

@Desmond:I do agree with you about the man more than 80 and his 28yeas-old  wife......a little instane,maybe she just want to have anther father....

• Tonje Dahl
    Tonje Dahl wrote:
    um ...i am 18 now ...younger than me ?....like16 or 17 ?....ohohohoh ....no way ...lol...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.