Discussion » Nonsense » Laowai friends...Please don't be a shame....

• N-Die 北京的法国人
    N-Die 北京的法国人 wrote:
    <p>Just sometimes i feel ashame when i see some laowai's behaviour in China...</p> <p>Please "gei women mianzi"...</p> <p>-on the street</p> <p>-on the web...</p> <p>We are guest here...so behave as a guest</p>
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

*fart*

What?

Share some anecdotes.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... is this about domestic violence? If it is, then "guest" does not make any sense ...

You (Andy) mentioned "women", "street" and "web", my best guess is that this is about foreign guys "toying" with Chinese girls' emotion ... but havent this been discussed a million times already?

• YOGI
    YOGI wrote:

women = us (in Chinese) 

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

他的意思应该是“给我们面子”, 而不是“给女人面子”。Like Ted said.

But how about instead of criticizing foreigners who act dumb, we all just move to some magical utopia where people are judged by the content of their character, and not by the color of their skin (or more accurately, their national origin).

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

"Jay_Tee" bro, if you think those wankers are bad, you haven't met enough of my comrades in the UK or US. There are rotten people everywhere.  I know we frequently generalize things like "Chinese don't have manners" and "the foreigners in China are the ones who can't find anyone to bang back home," but I have to say I bet Chinese people are just as sick of having that stereotype pushed on them as we foreigners are.

I mean, sure they're all generally true stereotypes, which is why they persist, but can't we all just pretend they're not until they go away?

Maybe it is easier to get a date in China, but it's easier to get a Chinese girl to show you her boobs if you're in the U.S.! hehehe

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... 莫明 you might want to consider seeing a doctor ... or, maybe just have another look of Harmonious' boobs ...  

• Stephanie Xu
    Stephanie Xu wrote:
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:

Haha, you don't need the quotes for me - that's my real Chinese name. I just used them since I know you first in the real world, and not as "Jay_Tee".

But yeah, I know there are some messed up foreigners in China, I'm just saying I've seen worse in UK pubs. Honestly, most of the laowai I've seen in beijing are pretty decent and well behaved folk. It seems silly that we all say "there goes one of those dumb laowai again" when some drunkard starts acting the fool. For instance, when I push someone out of an elevator, subway, bus etc., that's because I'm personally an asshole. If you as a Tajik had to shoulder the blame for me and every other non-Chinese just because he/she was acting stupid, you would get pretty sick of it, right?

• Minger
  • Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

i have a solution. just hate everyone equally. then you dont have to worry about remembering which fucker is the biggest asshole.

besides most of my friends are chinese. Im old, hate bars never drink and its too much trouble to get some homey's and they just take off.

so its best to make friends with locals. :)

• N-Die 北京的法国人

Well, anecdotes ? everyday im sure you can see it...or im not lucky

Mostly men actually...

The last one : 2 laowai crossing an intersection at the busy time pertubating the traffic and shouting to the cars "WOMEN TING BU DONG"

You have some more im sure, feel free...

• Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

wow no. i cannot even begin this one. ill leave this alone. I really dont wanna rip anymore on laowai in china. or chinese.

but we could rip on dando

• N-Die 北京的法国人

It's not about race or nationality, it's about how to behave when you are a guest...

For exemple don"t take things for granted......money, jobs, girls, friends it's about everything....

Now the dump ass are always those who get the attention...so if more and more chinese critizise laowai, no wonder ah Laowai here are supposed to work or study or taking picture...Supposed to be a minimum educated....

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

I make smart choice about that, so happy to be a picky person indeed...^___^

I've seen many bad behaviors inside and outside China and I can not even barely to see those Chinese or Asian girls having date with chessy weird lao wai ( sometimes you can tell if he is an asshole just by looking at him).... 

I don't meet many Lao Wai here in Beijing, but most of Lao Wai I've met are great!!! I love them!!! (include Uncle DD, :D)...

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Oh look.

THIS thread again.

• Undermoonlight

It is the Chinese administrators, at least to some extent, who are to blame for--they don't have the proper policy orientation on how to administrate foreigners' behaviors...

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Undermoonlight has a very good point. Maybe we need reeducation camps?

• Kay
    Kay wrote:

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Stephanie ... we both know that you dont love me too much because you love someone else, heehee ...

I am still not sure what is this thread about ... is it another "bad foreigner behaviour"? And isnt that supposed to be fairly common in China? Also, in reverse, hasnt Chinese behave badly overseas too?

As the saying goes, there are good apples and there are bad apples, or in my case, good and bad onions, and good and bad tomatoes ... anyway, the point is that no matter how the bad apples become bad, even assuming some bad apples could become good apples, there will just be many. many more bad apples where they came from ...

All these talk about apples make me thirsty ...

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Is Dando a grammarian?

Or a Grammaton?

On another note, I don't believe I have ever said a single intelligent thing on this website. What possessed Godfather to think he's not as well educated as I am?

On second thought, that "show me your boobs" comment turned out to be highly effective, so maybe it was intelligent after all.

• Micky
    Micky wrote:

ha ha ha aaa,. if DandoZ is gramatom how about Mike? -- besides I thought Dando is ur right hand man why you think he has so much weight?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Cut me some slack. Y'all know I only draw my grammar guns on non-native speakers if they draw first. Or if there's a dirty joke to make.
  • Simen Wangberg

Yeah, I don't put you guys on blast until you try to step to this. Cos ya can't, but it's okay, we're all good. Although, I wish I knew what any of this meant:

"Another point  I think is that foreigners here buys what Chinese ladies are selling so do not just blame the foreign guys I think the blames should go more to the Chinese guys that are not getting enough of foreign ladies to tell us our behaviours."

You got some 'splainin to do, Lucy. Are you saying that foreign men are dickheads cos there's not enough foreign women around to "put us in our place" or some BS? Uh uh, son. I don't know why so many foreigners are epic morons, but it definitely has nothing to do with how many foreign women are here. And what does any of that have to do with Chinese dudes?

• Virgil W
    Virgil W wrote:

It kinda funny Lowai considering themselves as the "elite" , by not distinguishing themselves as such hehe. You learn a little every day.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.