Discussion » Nonsense » The Greatest Chinese

• Tuco
    Tuco wrote:

Who in your mind is the greatest person to come from China?

I say its Li Xiao Long(BRUCE LEE)

• Jenelyn Tambago

I would say Jackie Chan...he has been a world figure as Bruce Lee, but he has helped Chinese people in so many more ways....and he lasted longer :P

• Ms. Stephanie
  • Iain Bonner
    Iain Bonner wrote:

yeah i want to know more about the teacher of Bruce lee, apparently wong jia wei is making a movie about him right? 

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... the topic is about the "Greatest", not the most famous martial arts star, right?

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

It was an inappropriate example.... lol

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued)

Hahahaha ... if we are talking "greatest" without a context, then I think she has to be among the greatest, if not the greatest ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... John Constantine (the same Constantine in the "Korean" thread?) ... this lady is a Taiwanese girl, and her name is Shu Qi (by pin yin, not sure if the actual spelling is correct), and her English name is Fanny ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... 琪琪 ... I think you mean "Pitt", whose wife is A Jolie? Yes, there are indeed similarties between Shu Qi and Jolie, especially the lips and body ... hahaha ...

While looking for her English name earlier (hahaha, if anyone chose to believe that), I came across this on YouTube, it was a 3-minute car-chase scene from one of her Chinese+Korean movie ... and then, I found it on Youku.com, this is not your usual car chase, I assure you ... and Shu Qi was a famous AV actress many years ago too ...

我老婆是大佬3之舒淇坐车激情表演

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

哈哈哈哈哈。。。。太逗了。。。。 

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... I hope to find some sexy scenes of her previouos movies later ... with luck, I hope to find that classic one with her and Loretta Lee (李丽珍) ...

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

三毛 (the writer)

• Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:
    Mao. Ye wen.
  • 外交猫
    外交猫 wrote:

Is this the chick from If You Are The One pt 2 (非诚勿扰2)??  God damn that movie was terrible.  I wanted to claw my eyes out. 

On the other hand, yes, she is smoking hot.  But why is she lying on the ground in that video, rolling around on someone's lawn?  So random.

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    The greatest Chinese man? I vote for the tank man, coz he got the world biggest ball
  • Shane
    Shane wrote:

Lol she def. doesn't shave her snatch. old school 80's hoe.

• Xiao
    Xiao wrote:

I can see it has been a couple of very successful decades to the entertainment industry. The influence is self-evident. How about Deng Xiaoping? Without him a lot of you wouldn't have been here...let alone vote for The Greatest Chinese.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... Xiao, "here" means China, or just this world? True then! If not for him, I might have left Hong Kong ... and if not for him, I might not have met my wife, and might not have come to China ...

Otherwise ... dont think so :)

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

哈哈哈哈,我有DVD!

• Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

maybe you all dont know it but if it were not for li xiao long most of these chinese movie stars would still be sterotyped in hollywood as the little, slanted eye, rice eating etc.

bruce changed that as well as influences millions with Tao and they use this for many arts. music, martial arts of course, dance, painting, directing, photography and even sales. or muscle building.

not that i like it but those fighting shows in america where the guys really go off on each other. those guys like li xiao long and site him as the man.

jacky chan was li xiao long's double as well as doing some stunts on Bruce's movie sets.

Bruce opened the door for chinese movies in hollywood and change the image of the chinese in american's eyes. I think this merits far more than other movie stars in China because he opened the doors.

perhaps he just came along at the right time. but he was there.

and today still many people visit his museums, schools and gravesite to honor him. still 40 years later. i dont think donny yen or cheng long or jet li will have this kind of impact.

maybe his early death sparked all this as well but Bruce was one of a kind

in a documentary a rapper said in the world their are major prophets and minor ones.

He claims bruce to be a minor one.

prophet or not. the man made a big impact not only on entertainment but touched the hearts of millions and helped them a lot.

not to mention is 2 inch punch, or 2 finger push ups. Or his Christmas tree back or solid 6 pack.

he influenced me enough in many ways.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Mike ...

Q. Do you like Chuck Norris? He is a student of Bruce, in case you dont know yet

Bruce and I go way back, in a way... the truth is, we went to the same school in Hong Kong, but of course, different years :)

• Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

Chuck norris, international karate Champion for many years, now also turned movie star was not only bruces student but also a very close friend for a very long time.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... it cant be too long, since Bruce Lee died many years ago ... but it's good to know that you know your "Bruce Lee 101" very well ...

• pommie
    pommie wrote:

李小龙是美国人.

• pommie
    pommie wrote:

中国人吃米饭。我亲眼看到了。

• G
    G wrote:

who said the tank man? 你是哪个部门的?

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

I'm sorry, could someone explain what is "tank man"? hahaha

Dingdang you old pervert, I knew you were going to show us Shu Qi before I even saw.

But we all know, the only "greater" person than Maor, who we can all think for what we know and love about China, is Kongzi. Without that perverted dipshit sexist elitist fuckface, maybe I wouldn't be so sarcastic all the time.喜欢大男子主义,地位概念,人不动脑子就把死背东西当学习?那就要谢谢孔子!

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go see if I can dick up "sex and zen II". Freudian slip, but I figured I should leave it there

• Tina
    Tina's猫 wrote:

let's borrow the time machine and go back to 22 years ago.

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

She's still hot now.

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Oh sorry I just realized that you were actually giving me a subtle hint, as opposed to talking about when shuqi was still bangable. I don't think she would have been legal 22 years ago, actually...

Sorry, my humor can be a little dry. Let's try this again. 22 years ago? I can't do math, what year was that?

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

老子 > 孔子

Tank girl > Tank man

• pommie
    pommie wrote:

Harmonious needs to be harmonised.

Less tank men, more river crabs please.

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

p.s. My guess is "tank man" has something to do with that big space inbetween where mao is buried, the forbidden palace, where they just put the new 孔子 statue and the national museum.

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Harmonious, you're precious, you know that? Thank you for playing.

Now you're going to get us all harmonized though.

• pommie
    pommie wrote:

I just thought of a dreadful headline for an article on drinking in central Beijing: "Getting tanked in Tiananmen".

Just awful...

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

My reaction to that looks something like this:

• pommie
    pommie wrote:

Your name is Miss 蟹? ~_o

My cleaning lady is called 小谢 - "Little Thanks", which is appropriate considering the wages I pay her.

• Virgil W
    Virgil W wrote:

Well, solely from a martial arts/film perspective.

#1 Bruce lee/ Li Xiao Long, brought upon an Obama-ish style change. Swift kickz and punches without form broke barriers and traditional beliefs while busting the ass end out of stationary martial positioning. Even though he left this world in body just as we all will, his spirit is pronounced through his work and family.

Was it for the better, you decide.

#2 Jackie..... No surname required. His comical yet disciplined style of martial arts lead some to wonder “Do I really understand the Asian way of life"? I heard similar perspectives countless times. He has reached so many that most never will. Could it be his underling roots in Chinese opera?

So, if you doubt Jackie or think you could do better I'd suggest you eat, practice, sleep, practice, sleep, date, urinate , wash hands, go to class , complain, study, sleep, practice......and bust out the ass end of someone's style/swagger.

#3 Jet Li (since the Li's are just as cool as the Chen's and Lin's) brought upon a similar era of change in reference to Li Xiao Long. Through films he preserved the ancient heroes while representing semi-current ones as well.

Through the three Chinese culture was better appreciated and respected even.

As for Jet, The last hero of China.............I think not.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ...

莫明 ... I think I read somewhere that Shu Qi (the correct name, in English, should be "Hsu Chi") is going to do another Adult movie, will let you know when I find out more later ... by the way, both Sex and Zen 1 and 2 are VERY good ...

Harmonious ... I have had a few lives on this site, and once I was "killed" when I was talking the red wine of 1989 ... or was it some tea brand?

... by the way, just a friendly warning, dont get these guys "harmonize" you ...

• 外交猫
    外交猫 wrote:

Wait a minute, Shu Qi has done "adult" films?  Like, as in adult adult?  How adult are we talking here? 

Frankly, even it's just R rated, I would still pay to see that.  Uncle D, hook us up with some clips!  If we're going to get harmonized, I'd much rather it be for nudity than for May 35th and Monsieur Tank.

• 外交猫
    外交猫 wrote:

Wow, the new bug "fixes" have destroyed this place, haven't they?  Yikes.  The sentence that is shown above about Shu Qi is not the sentence that I wrote.

• G
    G wrote:

That could be an issue...So let's skip this tank man topic in case we are harmonized...

In relation to the greatest Chinese, I personally think there should be more than one person...I don't care about the greatest Chinese in the eyes of other people...People come and go...What they think is resulted from what they experience...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... to all perverts ...

I had tried to find that extra "steamy" scene with Hsu Chi and Loretta Lee, but have not had much luck ... here is the movie poster ...

• G
    G wrote:

Seed! D, we need seed...

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

@ dear 叮噹叔叔 ur wishes are orders :P

http://hotfile.com/dl/82473436/468d4c6/SeAndZe2.001.html to 007 maybe extra things in this http://hotfile.com/dl/82473696/eb6fd4a/SeAndZe2.008.html

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Adolfo ... I still have the DVD (just need to find it), but I will say thank you on behalf of these home-stayed perverts ...

• Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

bruce lee 101? sorry guys i know more than that. and what happened to my thread? hijacked again.....wo cao

• Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

there is nothing to fear but fear itself

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Harmonious ... ask around, and you will know if I am serious or not ...

Mike ... hahaha ... not hijacked, just diverted :) 

• 外交猫
    外交猫 wrote:

Adolfo: thanks for the links!  What file format are those?  Once I download them, how do I get it to be an actual video?  Thanks much.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... finally!

This series below started from Loretta Lee in her bath, and Hsu Chi went in there to seduce her, revealing herself as some sort of "hermaphrodite" monster (and a sexy one too), and then they have sex in the bath tub :)

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Damn, I'm going to have to ask yaya to introduce me to her...

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

I think that was Maor.

What about whoever invented the concept of dynasties, and figured out how to twist it so that the Mongolian empire would be referred to as part of China when convenient?

Naomi is much too cultured for this forum...

• Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

i stil say its Bruce lee. game over

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.