Happy Late New Year!
Oh man we've been busy...!
In November, we finished Milestone 1 for our Admin panel, which probably isn't that exciting for anyone here.Once that was done, we started on a longed after cleanup of the entire frontend on this site, meaning everything you see visually on your screen.
Here's somewhat of a summary (some tech lingo here):
- Removed a LOT of old stuff that just bloated the project
- Changed more or less all markup into a new css/xhtml tempalte. Less code = faster and smaller risk for things breaking.
- A bunch of JS cleanup, phasing out remains of PrototypeJS and changing everything to pure JS or jQuery. Will in the end save some extra bytes
- Images are now generated on the fly, meaning we only need to store the original file. Any size can be created from the original.
- A lot of user experience tweaks.
- TextEditor (the editor for posting e.g. forum threads) has been properly configured, and now uses the same config everywhere it's used. I'll add a photo to this post to make sure it's image component works fine.
- Passport login, meaning you can switch between the sites in our network (weliveindalian.com, weliveinshanghai.net and more to come) without signing out and in again. The remember me finally works as it should too.
- A whole lot of random tweaks and bugfixes. I really don't have everything in my head right now.
What might break ( please let us know if you find something :)
- Language translations for all languages except English. Fluent in other languages? Feel free to contribute on the translationwork. Send me a private message :)
- Styles at certain pages might break.
- Classifieds listings.
- New "Contacts/Friends" pages
- New "Private Message" pages
- New Front page
- Further tweaks and optimalization.
Thin that's it :-) I'll add more further down this thread if I find that I missed anything.
Image test: Me hung over with a funny hat from The House :P
Ole Marius & the Development Team