Discussion » Film & TV » Fantasy World, The movie "The Fountain"

• A.w
    A.w wrote:

Users view:

Fantastic in every sense. This film is indeed poetry, and a beautiful testament to love and the cycle of life, and the impermanence of death. Wow. The script is tight, and the non-linear presentation works very well. The scene compositions were exquisite. The score enhanced without being overbearing, which is so often the case in contemporary film.

PS: The movie is long, so be patient to watch. The picture is Awesome!!

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
  • Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

Darren Aronofsky is pretty much the best director of his generation. He hasn't made a single film that isn't astounding and, to at least some extent, groundbreaking. Seriously, he is responsible for:

Pi
    Requiem For A Dream
    The Fountain
    The Wrestler
    Black Swan

What will he do next? I can't wait...

• Simen Wangberg

I thought The Fountain was his weakest one. That should've either been a longer movie, or a less ambitious one. The rest of his stuff is pretty dope though.

Although I still don't understand people who would be like "let's get high and watch a movie about people who have their lives destroyed by getting high!" This never made sense to me. The visuals in that movie are pretty trip balls-tastic though, I guess.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.