Discussion » Nonsense » Koreans

• Me In Beijing 2.0
    Me In Beijing 2.0 wrote:
    So what do you think about Koreans? I find them very interesting. I noticed how Koreans usually stick to other koreans and don't mix with other people (from different cultures). I have to say, I have a soft spot for Korean girls, but I find them not approachable.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Dan ... may I ask, which country have you traveled or lived before?

In most countries I have visited and lived, I also noticed that majority of Chinese tend to stick together, in particular, there is a little Shanghai in Sydney ... and yes, there is a suburb called little Korea too ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... I dont think many people here are familiar with the Korean culture and mindset, but, if you can tell us a bit more of your observations, maybe we can look at it from a general angle?

• Xiao
    Xiao wrote:

I can completely understand why they hang out with their people only. It's normal human behavior. I believe it's more comfortable and more mentally secure when you stay together with your own kind, especially when you are far away from home.

And calm down. All God's children. No big deal.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Dan ... looks like you have all the help you want ... my two cents:

(a) is for insurance agents ... or any creep who wants to get into a girl's pants, and lie about being some star search or model sreach ...

(b) not very respectful these days ... and (d) as well ...

(c) have not tried it before, but then ...

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

f) to the bend the will of the persons, and create feelings where there are not, nothing better than hypnosis, drugs and of course, scopolamine http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scopolamine

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

@ what does single race nation mean? Does that mean these people can't mingle with others?

Well, for me, I've got plenty of Koreans, lived there for a couple times. But the there is this spirit of extrem nationalism in pleople's mind.

Even today as many young koreans get to be open, it was a blasphemy for a korean girl to marra foreigner, if you do so, you are disfellowshiped in the family...

But things are changing with our era

• 外交猫
    外交猫 wrote:

There's definitely a difference in how people from different cultural backgrounds behave when they are in foreign countries.  For instance -- I have a bunch of American colleagues here where I work, but I almost never hang out with them.  I've been hanging out with Americans in the US for my entire life; why would I come to China just to hang out with more Americans?  Sounds boring as hell.

It's much more interesting to me to make Chinese friends (or even other foreign friends from different countries).  That's the value of living so far from home.

But Koreans definitely don't see it that way.  They stick to their own kind a lot.  However, so do many other groups (Russians seem to travel in packs...), so lets not pretend like Koreans are unique in that way.

And of course I do hang out with Americans occasionally...

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

老外tastic

• Shaney
    Shaney wrote:

Good Luck, Dan!!!

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Dan's experience is a little strange to me. I have to say that every on of the Korean girls I went to school with in China were very eager to bang white guys (despite hanging out in groups of Koreans).

I do not know any foreigners who have had good relationships with Koreans or who would date Koreans again. It seems the cultural differences are really much bigger between Koreans and other races. I think because Korea has done a very good job of maintaining it's national identity.

And I found Koreans in Korea to be totally friendly and approachable, much more so than Koreans overseas. I think "pack mentality" only applies when people are a minority. Obviously it doesn't apply only to Koreans, so far I see all nations people have "pack mentality" in China, and in the U.S.

• Kay
    Kay wrote:

Its not difficult to hang out or bang a korean girl, as long the biz is happening far from groups of koreans, that my own experience like mo ming says... why more sexy then chinese girls? maybe coz they are less fake (except the plastic surgery), i mean they usually dont expect to cacth up with ur wallet, they got their own... 

i have couple friends whom got their koreans gf since , and everything seems to be ok ....

but i will go for a chinese girl if iwas you, just less complicated...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... I was just having breakfast and shockingly discovered that someone put a spell on this forum and it had become the clan of Ladir (yes, this clan of sexual wizards actually exist and it is not a legend) ...

Guys, if you are good, you might get one of those pink envelopes with an invitation :)

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:
    Aw.... Koreans! Are we talking about Koreans here? I think I'd better leave this thread to someone who likes them tho.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... I am not part of the clan, I am just the story teller :)

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:
    琪琪, Im controlling myself without being a hater and very bad examples of them. Sadly, my home is all around with Koreans... well, Let's go... Let's trying to be nice..
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I'll spare you all the anecdotes I've got from drinking with Korean guys. Arrogant, humorless assholes, they were. However, just like I don't judge any nationality based on the pathetic specimens offered here on WLIB, I will reserve my judgement of Koreans, at least until I've had a chance to get to know a member of the fairer sex. Women are usually the best examples of any ethnic group, after all.

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

I love Chinese girls, and north and south Koreans are basically all Chinese, so I love all Korean girls~

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:
    hahahha.. Da Fan, we love you no matter what nationality..
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Da Fan,

SNAP. Oh no you didn't!

Then again, the Koreans I knew kept speaking of their corndogs and waffles as though they were Korean inventions, even though westerners were eating them while Koreans were still eating dog meat and cold noodles soaked in vinegar.

I suppose turnabout is fair play whenever nationalism is concerned.

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

corndog?! that's my favorite western food. Now I got the reason, it's from the far east huh! yeah, I love Koreans, they invented a lot of stuffs, but the point is, WE invented Koreans ;) and Stephanie, I love u too~

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

"Beijingers are the most interesting ones in the world. Some of them are very 操蛋,yet pretty 好玩儿"  10/10

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

NORTH KOREA IS BEST KOREA

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:
    。。。。。。。。 OMG。。。。。。。。 lucky there was no one around me.............
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:

Dando, WTF mate? THERE IS ONLY ONE KOREA! hehehe

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:
    @Andy, "Beijingers are the most interesting ones in the world. Some of them are very 操蛋,yet pretty 好玩儿。" Can't say most interesting, but we are classy and funny...... xixi....
  • KIANU.Lee
    KIANU.Lee wrote:

oh poor guys..

if u wanna approach to them (korean girls)

first.. u must know korean guys..( yeah if u do "hot korean guy" like me? sorry -0-)

thats it..

p.s - hey DA FAN ~ r u shit ? "  "all north n south koreans basically chinese??"

kakakakakakakakakakakakakakakak

ah~ha "all americans basically english"??

learn to history ass hole~~

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

@KIANU. Lee...   "( yeah if u do "hot korean guy" like me? sorry -0-)"

HUH?  do you and sorry for what?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Good grief. I hope you're trolling, Kianu.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... another Kater?

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

kekekekekek, kianu is definitely true Korean :-D

Korea invented China. All Koreans know that.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... and who/what invented Korean? Mao? Taiwan?

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

@她, as for this point, you did the right thing...  

Like you said you hate 金正日..   We don't get any reason to hate him tho... 

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

Lucky I live in Beijing...

• Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:
    ah actually if u really want to be with koreans they would like to talk to u if they know u by some ways ,i know some koreans that r different from who be the students study here,but for some they would like to make some friends form other countries. it really depends...................
  • Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

Obama? Chinese & USA thing?  awww... actually, all big countries have their "love and hate" relationship.. we care each other indeed.. lol... BTW, let's back to the topic... 

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... I am not sure if I follow ... *group hug* ...

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

@Godfather,

American but black big dick? That doesn't sound very friendly... is it really a matter of the skin color and American ?

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

@她,I said I dont wanna speak out loud some bad experiences I had with Koreans... well, sorry about my stereotype... 

I'm still bing nice now..  :D

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

Good luck Dan. We wish you all the best on the way you mixing your gene..

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Is there a pink name on this site who you don't regard as a potential girlfriend?

• Ekki
    Ekki wrote:

take her out for some BBQ dog meat. 

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    Korean peninsula will be still ruled by two countries for a long time, coz a unified Korean is against national interests of China or the US -- it's a pity but a fact. (actually few Chinese like the north part as far as I know). HOWEVER, I SUPPORT an all-out war against SK: we need to be hurry, or Song Hye Kyo would be too old...ahhh...it really hurts even think about it...T_T...Well, I had good memories with Korean girls until now, so I think it's quite sincere to say I love korean girls huh? and I had good time when I visited SK years ago, I don't hate this country at all, even though it's far not as awesome as Japan. BTW, KIANU? Bruno DID say that, not me, sorry I should've quoted :(
  • Ekki
    Ekki wrote:

yeah but 朝鲜人 eat dogs.

• №❶ Passioη

If you want Korean girls, contact me. (Decent girls) And lucky you they speak english too...

• JOSH
    JOSH wrote:

Beijing gals are more fun than Korean gals 思密达!

• Peter S 李贝勒

@ DAN

when u find a group of wonderfull pearls from korea, U go ahead...

U said u re journalist and u write an article about the korean girls, and their customs, then u blablabla, after 30mn of conversation, several jokes, nice smiles and eyes exchanges u ask the number, then u say the truth, if u were good, u have chance to hit the goal...

eheh...

and i read that korean are chinese... U talked about the north who s a ditatorship??? in the south, it s a democracy and the culture is closer to japan than china...

• Kay
    Kay wrote:

Oh Oh Oh, hold the fuck on, there is a big mess down here....

first , Iris Chung i really do appreciate your maturity, coz i know how much its not easy to deal with those furries

Second, we got the responsability and obligations to think about how we are treating other people, what we may think is cute or funny may end up to be powerfully hurtful...

to be human being is the fact of  being able to put yourself to somebody else shoes and seeing through other people eyes, if somebody is different from you, is not someting you criticize but something that you appreciate... like i said earlier in an other thread...

black i am i got koreans fellaz which are around me , we chilling and drink together, plus i got several korean girls whom are my friends they are really nice, sweet and creamy....

U really need a good korean girl? guys! you should earn it , so we can say that you deserve it... dont be an ass, saying shit all over... learn games and be a good player....

• Stine Ekren
    Stine Ekren wrote:
    that topic came out just bcz it seems like Koreans create everything in the world. their so-called professor taught them :after research and analysis those historic heros are all from Korea such as "Confucius","Sun Yat-sen"...etc. even the Monkey king(孙悟空)is Korean. really pity that most of Korean kids recieved this kind of education. How pathetic they are~why don't u koreans say the whole universe is belong to Korea?lol~~
  • Stine Ekren
    Stine Ekren wrote:
    @Effy, yup, probably normal Korean won't talk that kind of shit like u. u r a sensible one. by and large, Chinese won't talk that kind of shit too,cause there's a culture of moderation. there always that kind of boring ppl exist no matter in which country.so never even start it~
  • Simen Stensvoll

为什么望京很多韩国人

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

谁他妈的知道,说起这个就来气。烦死了。。。

走路都不会让道的,不知道一天到晚牛逼哄哄个什么劲儿。

算了,我忍住。

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

@老换名儿内个! 别动不动就外国人,外国人您指谁?? 你们那嘎达的人吗?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... everyone off to lunch?

Effy ... those of us who said Korean was made by China (or whatever) are mostly non Chinese who are here to troll ... or in my case, non native Chinese, because supposedly, native Chinese do not eat dogs?

There is really no good reason to make a "Korean girl dating tip" into a war zone ... like Chinese, Americans, Africans, Europeans, even Australians, there are good and rational Koreans, as well as extremists (in one form or another) ...

Hahahaha ... maybe after Dan had success with the Korean girl of his dream, we can talk about typical Korean marriage and life styles ... by the way, I dont like "kim chi" and I am not eating dog today :)

• Simen Stensvoll

then 为嘛日语里还经常夹杂一些汉字

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... changed to Chinese channel?

Bridget ... 大叔在此!你不老!

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

@老改名儿内女的。 不和傻逼争论对错,这是我做人的原则。

别说中国人在国外的名誉怎么样,国家大了自然什么鸟儿都有,这个不可否认素质高低因人而异。韩国人喝多了散德行的事儿多了去了,我们跟自己国家散德性好比韩国人在别的国家散德行强。 吼吼。。

行了,这个贴我回到此为止。你一个人跟这个那个的逼逼的也差不多了,收声洗洗睡吧。你这样做更让我觉得韩国人特傻逼。真的。特别傻逼。

• Charlie Park
    Charlie Park wrote:

@Effy  Totally I Agree with you. 

• KIANU.Lee
    KIANU.Lee wrote:

oh DAFAN~ if so...? im so sorry about my careless ^^

EFFY ~~ 난 네가 자랑스러워 츄~♡

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

Well, let us not be stereotyped here, I've met some Koreans who are really against some koreans weak points. More friendly to non koreans. We know each people have got positive sides and wrong sides too. We don't have to sacrify them over that. So please let us not generalize here.

What I hate, is that Korean current generation of parents are forgetting to train the majority of kids well. I have been with people from different corners of the world, I've never encountered rude, impolite kids like koreans. It's a serious problem people today. I still remember how my Chinese female colleague was dragged to the ground by a bunch of young koreans guys. She wept and quit her job and told me. "These young people have made me lose my pride of a girl...It's something I can't forget in my entire life...Eff would agree with me that there are some parents who really don't pay attention to that traditonal idea of respect that characterized korean society...

But hey,! People are different, let us not put everyone in the same basket.

High Priest

• 随便叫兽
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    话说我还是很热爱日本和韩国的。在保证能轻松战略上灭了他们的基础上(现在还保证不了灭日本),我们有着这两个可爱的邻邦真是一件幸事儿啊。我平生最爱东亚姑娘了,三个国家各有风情,少了谁我都很遗憾呢...
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    我也知道除了USA,其他都是浮云啊,问题是...你这个rush得了么...真希望能建立个新的大东亚共荣圈啊。日本和韩国什么时候才能意识到,成天舔着美国不是长久之计呢...你说他们怎么就没点儿野心呢==
  • Bobo
    Bobo wrote:

hehe 这个真是个复杂的国际关系啊, 日本韩国靠着美国,,, 美国的第一债主优势中国,呵呵 ,,,这样的三角关系... 

不过也奇怪, 韩国日本怎么就没向中国意思意思呢? 

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    大概是大家都怕做天朝的子民吧
  • JOSH
    JOSH wrote:

今个腊八儿 都去喝点粥去吧 别跟这BB了 

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    嗯,从国家利益角度讲,日本和韩国长期贴着美国其实越来越不make sense了。可是,都是思维正常的老百姓,除了我这种勇于挑战的人,谁没事儿干愿意给自己的人生游戏选择hard模式呢...
  • Stine Ekren
    Stine Ekren wrote:
    为这个“koreans”的贴做个Closing吧:神马皆浮云~!不然那些脑残人真以为中国人把他们当回事儿了~
  • Ola Sande
    Ola Sande wrote:

我妈跟我说。。

闺女啊,你就踏踏实实的过日子,可千万别想着出名儿什么的,你一出名儿可就得变韩国人了。你老娘我可不想当韩国人,看看这个。。都吃狗肉长大的,长的也都像狗。。

嗯。。不得不说,我妈很内涵

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha (I can laugh again, hurray) ...

Constantine, right? In Chinese, it used to be called "Dragon, Tiger, Phoenix", meaning snake + cat + crow (or chicken), and it is a well known recipe for winter ...

As for babies, which sci-fi channels have you been watching? I would like to watch that too :)

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Effy ... you are correct, cockroaches have certain medical purpose, damn if I remember, oh, so are scorpions and seahorse ... if you are interested, feel free to look at some old Chinese med literatures :)

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Constantine ... without actually seeing the evidence, I wont say that these are not true, but as you can surely appreciate, I will put a big fat question mark on (some of) them!

FYI, I am not totally familiar with Chinese med, but for a few months back in junior high, I did buy 本草纲目 becaue I thought I could understand that, but they turned out to be very boring! heehee ...

Anyway, as a (non native, heehee, that's a long story) Chinese, I see no shame to admit that we eat many strange things, but it sounds silly (or plain ignorant) for anyone ("native" Chinese or otherwise) to even try to use that as an insult when many of these are proven to have certain pharmaceutical purpose, though, many of these might sound disgusting, inhuman and full of germs, e.g. human urine among one of them :)

In summary, and again, as a (non native) Chinese, there are darknesses in our history and culture that I am not proud of, however, to be fair, I am sure, if one really wants to dig, we could find all kinds of dirt about Korean, Japanese, African, and without too much work, dirt about American and European ...

So, if you are interested in strange Chinese med, I will try my best to satisfy your hunger of knowledge, otherwise, I see no point to keep dragging on ... agreed?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Effy ... I am not choosing sides, but I can only do one thing at a time, and both you and Constantine seem like reasonable people ...

One thing about Chinese mindset that you dont seem to have picked up (although I must say, you have picked up the language very nicely), is these eight little words "人不犯我,我不犯人" (in fact, Korean and Japanese are very much alike, as I understand)! I dont have the authority to speak for anyone here, but I have met Bridget and Stephanie in person, and they are both very reasonable people, so I am sure if you stop the insult, they will too ... as for the others who had hurt you with their insults, I am very sorry that I dont represent them nor do I know them, but if they dont chill, they are just being stupid, and stupid people (regardless of race and nationality) will get what they deserve, right?

Nice meeting you (again) ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ...

Effy ... two days ago, someone was claiming how little I know about what is China's culture (actually, come to think of it, many people had said similar things to me in this forum, so often that I have to believe that I am stupid somehow, hahahaha), and it was a simple matter to ignore or to use a counter measure to trap him ...

What I wanted to say here, little grasshopper (heehee, always wanted to say that, sorry) ... is that lies only become truth when everyone says it, otherwise, they are just dust in your eyes, or noise to your ears ... wipe it, ignore it, and move on ... dont care if it will make them happy, but it will make you happy and free :)

• 外交猫
    外交猫 wrote:

I wish Canadians and Americans hated each other like how Koreans and Chinese hate each other.  The internet would be so much more fun back home.

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

Yeah, I don't get why China and Korea hate eachother either, unless it's simple racial superiority stuff. Since being to China I've realised that the concept of race can differ wildly in different parts of the world.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... I wonder, could it be related to the news that (some) Koreans had made claims that certain Chinese legends were in fact Korean made? As an "outsider" Chinese, I dont feel offended when I heard about that, they were actually kind of funny, but it would seem that it touched something or someone in China and they got offended!

... so for this, I would like to hear how Chinese feel and also why did the Korean make such claims ... Effy, do you know?

As for Canadian Vs American ... to start with, does anyone agree that it is too "superpowery" to say "American"? I barely passed geography, but I had always considered "America" as two big continents, not one country, however, it seems common that when people says "America", they were referring to the country? Per my 1984 experience in Brisbane, I am fairly sure that certain Canadians dont like USA, cannot be sure about the "hate" part ...

... so, is any of the US presidents in fact Canadian? heehee ...

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I like Asian racism because it's not even really racism--it's more like ethnocentrism. When white people get racist, they use eugenics and bell curves and other fake social sciences. When Asians get around to hating one another, they're bitching about history and language instead of searching for imaginary pseudoscientific rationales.

I wonder why.

Maybe because there's not enough genetic diversity to argue over and everyone looks the same and OH LOOK AT THE TIME I'D BEST BE GOING NOW~

• Stine Ekren
    Stine Ekren wrote:
    @ 叮噹叔叔, haha, we actually not offended by those ridiculous claims, just thought "funny", yup really funny. You know the Dragon Boat Festival which was Chinese Festival in order to commemorate a great patriotic poet of China" Qu Yuan". they have applyed for a patent for this Festival several years ago. how do u think their behaviour? ridiculous,right? Would they think Qu Yuan is Korean? then all Chinese will have no words to say~
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... Gloria (aka Miss G), first time we "met" here? Are you related to Mr G by any chance? Yes, as long as there exists idiots like myself, there will always be funny stories, whether it be Chinese or Korean or Australian, right?

However, what I was REALLY asking, is why so many Chinese have such hate or disgust against Korean! I have not researched it, but I could only hope that there is a reason, no matter how stupid it might be!

• Simen Wangberg

"they have applyed for a patent for this Festival several years ago."

Fuck it, I'm patenting Christmas. Gonna throw MLK Day in there too, what the hell.

WTF is this and how do you patent a holiday.

• Stine Ekren
    Stine Ekren wrote:
    funny,huh, I can not say I hate Koreans,there also have nice people so I don't wanna generize.I think they should know the truth instead of being blinded by their government.and I think our government should urge to protect our legacy instead of being stolen by others from now on~In other way they taught Chinese people and government should always alert thieves and be conscious of Chinese legacy~
  • Stine Ekren
    Stine Ekren wrote:
    @Dingdong, I don't related with Mr G,ok? my name is Gloria, once I have name G for a while but after then I found there is man called Mr G, so I changed it into my normal name~just the coincidence~lol~
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... but Chinese government is just too busy fixing all those other big problems, and little problems such as history, legacy and heritage are not worth anything to them ... shame though ...

I can just imagine ... in about a decade or two, when Korea (or some other countries such as Singapore) become commercially successful in promoting certain Chinese festivals around the world, and then Chinese (or Chinese government)started screaming for the rights, but become the laughing stalk of the world ...

• Mari Vidste
    Mari Vidste wrote:

In my experience, Korean girls can be met on the streets of Wudaokou and can become tremendous (if not always reliable) fb's!

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.