Trekiz Network Technology Ltd. is creating a smart, online platform for travel planning and booking. The platform will be launched early in 2011.
The platform is a highly innovative and integrated "one-stop travel shop". Utilizing a new kind of business model, we will empower users to design and book a full range of personalized trips, destinations, and activities.
In our initial stage, our company will provide various kinds of travel products and services to English-speaking travelers going to China or traveling within China. Our platform directly offers these products for customers based on their personal preferences, interests and affordability, making it easy for customers to self-assemble unique itineraries, and to overcoming impediments like language barriers, lack of local knowledge etc
We are currently seeking two (2) native-English speaking editorial interns to polish written travel product de script ions and articles for our website.
This is a full time role throughout January 2011, with ongoing opportunities possible thereafter in writing, website content management, and editing.
Chaoyang District, Beijing. Work must be done on-site.
Job specifications and responsibilities:
- Evaluating and editing online content provided from Chinese-speaking partners.
- Tailoring travel content to attract an English-speaking customer base.
- Providing suggestions to improve our online editor management system.
- Customize text to fit the requirements of search engine optimization. Prior experience with search engine optimization is preferred but not necessary.
Education and experience requirements:
- We will consider experienced professionals as well as exceptional people early in their careers
- BA/BS degree with a strong academic record required.
- A track record of creativity and accomplishment, preferably with a portfolio of writing and/or marketing concepts
- Travel experience and knowledge of China is preferred
Key competencies and requirements:
- Native spoken and written English, preferably with some publication or professional English writing experience
- Chinese language ability is a plus, but not required
- Desire to work with a start-up company
- Track record for being proactive and taking initiative. Strong work ethic. Flexible work style.
- Exceptional writing, editing and communication skills, and an interest and ability to bridge Asian and Western cultures in the workplace
- Outstanding creativity and a keen eye for detail
This is a paid one-month internship with potential for further employment. Compensation will be generous and based on capabilities and previous writing experience.