Discussion » Ask a Foreigner » What is "independence" in westerners' ey

• Annabel Lee
    Annabel Lee wrote:

Before this I would like to tell you 2 stories about western guys in advance.
    1. I read from a guy who wrote requirments for his GF-to-be: "I’m looking for a woman who shows who she is, independently of her love for the man in her life. "

2. I asked a friend why he is still single. He said, when his ex-gfs found he could still live very well without them, then they all run away.

I think Generally speaking, westerners are more romatic and they pay more attention to inside of mankind(compare with chinese ppl 's material marriage view) . and what's more, a mount of TV production and literatures showed lots of heart-moving couples and and heart-broken love stories. All of these convinced me of a truth that western ppl are emotional, home-loving and affectionate than chinese ppl.

So, What do you western guys mean by independence? coz I think most of us(i mean normal person) is independent(reletively, especially in mind) no matter for chinese or westerners.

Do you mean physically: for your gf, if you need her, then come. if you don't need, then go away and keep you alone and independent?

or, do you mean mentally: you would feel bothered or annoyed if your gf is addicted to you or when she feels lonely or helpless or in some trouble, u just keep silent to keep you independent?

or, do you mean economically: when your gf need your financial help, you would like to turn away? for you believe that 's her business? but I know it is common in western countries that wives do not work and leave the husband support their family.

So, what do you mean by independence? Is that an excuse of your being out of responsibility if your partner would have any trouble?

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

we dont talk seriously here... but seriously its TL....

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.