Discussion » Food & Drink » What makes u come back.....

• 小菲
    小菲 wrote:
    I would like to know what makes you come back, the "hook".....Is it the service, food, experience, decor, value? Combination of all?.....a hot hostess?
  • Xiao
    Xiao wrote:

The Tree because it's dark in there and we like the pizza. The price is reasonable as well. I would go back to a restuarant either with AMAZING real food or with an atmosphere where me and my friends can have a nice chat.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Phillip ... that really depends on individual ... e.g. I'd go crazy with 老北京 cooking (炸酱面,灌肠), but my in-laws, who are home grown Beijinger, think that it is too "local" (or cheap?) for entertaining guests ...

If you are into Japanese food and raw fish, personally, I like 蒋太无二, which had made Japanese sushi into an art form ...  

For good value, I like Tasty for its 99-yuan-7-course (hahaha, I am cheap, I cant help it), but they "cheated" a little by counting the "drink" as one course ...

For Hong Kong style, I am tossing between Golden Lake and 汤城小厨, both are reasonably priced, well presented and very tasty, but 汤城小厨 is not very good with its "stock control", because they always told me that they would run out of this and that when/after we ordered ...

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

#1. Good food at the right price. (without this I won't go anywhere)

#2. Actually, I will go anywhere if there is good food at the right price. Including those street places. Focus on #1.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... let's just say that, if there is anything I like, it usually has something to do with food ... 

http://www.tastysteak.com/index2.html

My mistake ... because it looks like Tasty had raised the 98 yuan to 108 yuan some time this year ... according to their web site, they have 4 stores in Beijing: 西直门,崇文门,Sogo (宣武门)and (new) Joy City ...

As for 蒋太无二, the first time we went, it was a new store on our side of town, and they were doing a "buy one get one free", so not realising their actual "size", two of us ordered 6 plates of sushi ... we managed to finish four of them, and since I believed that it wont be as tasty and fresh if we pack the remaining two plates, I started (slowly) eating them, one piece at a time ...

Let's just say, I dont remember if I have ever been so "stuffed" before ... hahaha ...

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

I love 将太无二。。。。 tasty.... 

but a bit dear.... 

• Simen Stensvoll
    i love 云南菜
  • Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

中8 啊?还是猜火车啊?这两家是我比较喜欢的。

• Xiao
    Xiao wrote:
    云南菜还是一坐一望不错 中8楼没意思
  • Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

看了一下点评。。。 我打算明天不去中8了,改去一座一忘转转。。。 

xiao, 建议不错。。 

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

再望一遍这个贴,我感觉好饿啊。。。 咕噜咕噜。。。。T^T

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

呵呵呵,从一大帮人(十人左右)的聚会来考虑,Friday‘s 也算是一个很好的选择,不太吵闹,也不算很贵。。。

From the perspective of medium-size gathering (10 people or so), Friday's is not a bad alternative ...

By the way, I am thinking about New Year Dinner (not NYE) on Saturday, anyone like to join?

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

我长这么大就吃过一次FRIDAY'S。。

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

呵呵呵,两次了!

第一次,07年底,带我妈和妹妹去看看还没完成的鸟巢,在东边那家酒店里面的Friday's吃lunch!

第二次,上周六,Christmas,国际大厦的那一家Friday's。。。其实个人还是喜欢Annie's,但今年的圣诞晚餐menu确实很差!

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Friday's is not that bad ... their salad is OK ...

It had been in my mind for many months, to organise dinner gathering, something social, no loud music, just people interested to meet, eat and chat ... last Xmas weekend at Friday's was a little trial, and I might do this one a month or something ...

So if you are not in town this weekend, I will keep you in mind for our next dinner :)

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.