Discussion » Nonsense » Should sex education be enforced from kindergated?

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3304377/Britains-youngest-parents-are-both-14.html
  • Simen Stensvoll
  • High Priest
    High Priest wrote:
    @ u r right, in a kindergarten Kids are too curious to taste things early, what to do?
  • Micky
    Micky wrote:
    I think kindergarten is a school for young children between the ages of four and six to prepare them for primary education NOT to prepare them for sexual orientation. After teaching them, how will they practice it? with the teachers or with their parents? Here in China even a pregnant woman will claim to be virgin, traditional, conservative etc.. lets leave the sex matters for adults only.
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:

Qiqi, I have long thought that Kindergarten or younger is exactly the right age to teach children about sex, and safety.

I know one reason that some religious people oppose teaching it to middle school age children is they are afraid it will encourage them to think about sex (as if they didn't already). This problem is avoided by teaching the children before the age when their hormones release. Kindergarteners are not going to start having sex, and they won't be any more encouraged to start in middle school by continuing to learn the same thing they've been learning year after year.

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Micky, if we leave the sex education to adults, it isn't going to stop kids from doing what comes naturally. If I have to guess I will say that 50% of the girls have abortions or get married because they're pregnant. Of course, none of them ever admit to anyone that they have sex. I'd rather people be protected from disease since their parents are too stupid to teach them basic biology.

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:
    Micky, pregnant women telling they are still virgin? Kids have got a lot of questions about sex. If they ask, how to answer them? @ 莫明 you are right that many girls, don't want to disclose their past to their bfs, many will just say I had one bf and didn't do anything with him, but in real she has had may be ten. Sex education is important to protect kids in case they practice it accidently, they've got to know the outcome of it.
  • Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

In Germany they have a process which they call something that translates roughly as "enlightenment" where the begin sex education at a very young age, but it's a gradual process. They don't teach kindergarten children about HOW to make babies, more just sperm and eggs and how a baby grows. The, let's say, nitty gritty is only taught to them much later.

• Micky
    Micky wrote:
    @Desmond & 莫明... I just feel there're more to teach children apart from sex. (Morals included) Religion apart.
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:

Micky, what would be more important? Sex done wrong is the leading cause of AIDS, unwanted children, poverty etc. Sex done right is the leading cause of fun. Do you think it's more important to tell children how to study for their gaokao? 90% of the time in school is wasted anyway, so I'm sure they could put in two hours a year of "these are STDs, this is pregnancy, and don't have sex without a condom unless you want them" class.

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Even on this forum there was some fucktard trying to tell us all that the cycle method is an effective form of contraception. I guess that comes after withdrawel, but before "jumping up and down" in terms of effectiveness.

• Virgil W
    Virgil W wrote:

In my honest opinion , Its not the school who should be concerned. Parents of course have had sex and( don't say anything if you are a biological parent and never had sex, PLEASE) should teach their children themselves. Most should strive to be immediately aware when they learn about it; The day little V comes up and says, "Daddy,I want some PU**Y"!!!).Five and six year olds really don't give a f%#k how or when we f%#k , they just want candy or even a little bit of attention.

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:
    Micky, I don't think the essence of sex education is to pratice with parents or classmates, but awareness and prevention. Actually, this is not only a school matter, parents should find also a way to talk to their kids about it. It doesn't have to be a tabou. But they should find propre wording according the age of a child. I used to annoy my parents with silly questions about sex, some questions were asnwered and some they couldn't answer. ( where is baby coming out) was another one. My mom used to tell me, they will cut the woman's stomach. But I got to see a newspaper in my parents room, which was showing the process of delivery, till then I stopped annoying my mom about this:) High Priest
  • Simen Stensvoll

goodnight,girls
  • High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

Minimy, u really know how. Hope the girls enjoy:)

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

And what if the children's parents are ultra-fundamentalist religious freaks who tell their little girl that they put an anti-rape goblin in her vagina that will bite off the penis of anyone who tries to sex her up?

Or more realistically: moderately religious parents who are embarrassed to answer their kids questions and just tell them not to have sex 'til they get married, and never teach them a thing about condoms?

Sex ed ought to start in primary school (kindergarten? what the fuck are you people on?) around when kids are starting to hit puberty. Public health concerns are way more important than family values morality bullshit which is more often than not just worthless cryptoreligious ideology anyway.

Better to learn that shit from a teacher than in the back seat of Aiken's van.

• Kent Bekkavik
    Kent Bekkavik wrote:
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:

Goodnight, Minimy.

• Micky
    Micky wrote:
    It is written "Train a child in the way of the Lord, and when he is old he will not turn from it." [Proverbs 22:6] High Priest you should have known this better than I do; enlightenment at home is much better and different from teaching sex in Kindergarten.
  • High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

I do agree with you Micky. Sex education is also a way that a child will follow. I repeat, sex education isn't meant to send a child and practice sex, but to prevent and to create awareness.

• Simen Stensvoll

@ 莫明,你穿的太多了

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

What's that Minimy?

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

@ Minimy, 不好意思,我想给你一个对比而已。上面的哥们也穿着裤子……我也缺乏photoshop的效果,不能让下面暗暗的……

• Da Chuan
    Da Chuan wrote:

by time u get mature and gets more feeling to connect with others (girl or boy)u will know the way to find out more details about them .and im not agree with ,who did tell u that i middle east countries they dont teach about sex in their education?for me when i was in middle school we had all have course(biology) which there was topics about sex and how to born a baby etc..so ur wrong ;)religion makes u belive urself that u should control ur feeling for only the person u love and make love with her only.isnt it good?those people who says they have religion but still do things ,they are not completely beliving themselves and cant control themselves.thats why they still doing things which in their religions has already said dont do it after u get marry.so u gotta take these all aparts .and find the main reason

• Simen Stensvoll
    @莫明,如果那是你的话,我想我可能会考虑提前退休
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:

嘻嘻嘻…… but I already made an investment in astroglide!

• Simen Wangberg

"...practice it accidently"

Is this like "sex by surprise"? I heard that's illegal in Sweden.

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Andy, AFAIK people who have kids don't have sex any more.

But my hypothetical 5 year old would certainly be told that it was the product of sex. My parents told me the difference between boys and girls when I was about 2 years old. I probably knew the nitty-gritty of how pregnancy actually worked by around 7, and maybe I was about 10 by the time I fully appreciated the importance of condoms. No STDs and no abortions means this approach worked, at least in my case.

My parents had a very novel approach to raising children though. When we asked them something, they answered truthfully instead of making up some rediculous lie or being too embarrassed to answer.

If people aren't mature enough to talk about sex, they shouldn't be doing it, and certainly shouldn't be having kids.

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

@Shadow, sex education still a huge problem in the west too, it's not only a school matter, but a home too. There are some parents who can't speak openly about sex to their kids when they pop up with a question.

But I could say that, even if they have come up with sex education in primary schools and even last election in the US, Obama was hit hard by MCcain that Obama wants to teach sex to kindergarten kids.

It's just seem in Kinder it's too early for kids but there are other lessons that can be taught, here in China some kinder teach to kids where the baby comes from... I saw this.

But we can say that in west sex isn't a tabou, in school they teach, but u can have some parents who are shy to talk to their kids about certain things

• Simen Stensvoll
    my friend (west male) tell me his parents think that he is still virgin
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:

Qiqi, I've never heard of parents doing anything like that. I can't speak for the West though, my public schooling was only in the states.

The U.S., which is a backwards theocracy as far as developed western countries go, has a huge problem with sexual education. Under little Bush, teacher's in public school couldn't weren't allowed to teach about contraception properly. They were required to take an "abstinance only" approach to teaching about safe sex. Maybe this is still the case - it wouldn't surprise me.

Oh yeah, a few years ago a girls woke up next to me (fully clothed), and asked me if sleeping next to eachother like that was sex. Needn't go back 30 years!

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

the things in spain, at least in the cities, is like this:
    We begin to enjoy of the sex around 14-15 years old, and the most of the teachers and parents, even the priests and nuns in my school, understand that nobody can stop this, is nature, so they choose give us many , many information, about  
    STDs
    contraceptive  methods
    banish sex myths
    and physiology of the penis and vagina......

In this point of view, secual education is essential, if not is a fucking chaos. And doing in this way we have not big problems, maybe the only that since 14-18 we consider a long term relation something about 1 month, and 3 months realtion is almost one life....
    In any case, our sexual promiscuity begins to die in the first years of university, in the stage we begin to try to have long relation, fuck around is something of the highschool.... we are not teens playing the rol of have an adult relations, and later, we are not adults playing be in the highschool, in one chapter of gossipgirl

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

@ Shadow, we've got to be careful with what we see in the movies and on TVs. What holywood stars play on their movies doesn't show the real day to day US life.

Some would agree that, some actions in China today have gone too far comparing to western life. I can see more often teens and even adults kissing (French kiss) in the subway an buses or public places, I can see in China some girls wearing almost nothing, too short and all their body well displayed, many in the west don't wear like this in public, unless at the bitch or swimming pool.

I saw the sex education to kids, they couldn't understand, it was about where the baby comes from, from sperm to meeting the egg and so on, some kids asked question which teachers were answering superficially, I wasn't conviced it can work for kids

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

@ Shadow, we've got to be careful with what we see in the movies and on TVs. What holywood stars play on their movies doesn't show the real day to day US life.

Some would agree that, some actions in China today have gone too far comparing to western life. I can see more often teens and even adults kissing (French kiss) in the subway an buses or public places, I can see in China some girls wearing almost nothing, too short and all their body well displayed, many in the west don't wear like this in public, unless at the bitch or swimming pool.

I saw the sex education to kids, they couldn't understand, it was about where the baby comes from, from sperm to meeting the egg and so on, some kids asked question which teachers were answering superficially, I wasn't conviced it can work for kids

• Micky
    Micky wrote:
    Desmond,.. I can sense some changes here.. (correct me if I'm wrong) -- You were a high priest before but now because of this your kids sex teaching you're now Desmond. Pls answer me,. if ur a kindergaten teacher and ur teaching a 5-6yr old girls about sex, and she takes of her cloths (hence she must have seen her mom take off cloths at home with her dad) and request you to please show her how to do it and the tools to do it.. will you show her? Pls NOTE:- I am not against sex education but I am against teaching sex to kids at kindergarten.
  • High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

@Micky, I'm still High Priest:) I can see a change too, you've changed a picture, is that when u were baby?

I didn't give any position on  whether kids in kinder should be taught about sex. Even if they have to be taught; there are basic mattersthat can be taught to them.

You can't deny that some kids come up with some curious questions Mickey? If you've got a child that comes to you and asks u a sex related question, are you gonna keep quiet not offering an answer?

Again, am not a pro sex education in kindergaten.

What I can say is, if a related question comes up, it should be answered, but with tacts till the child is old enough to understand to be fully explained.

Babies start eating porridge and then heavy food.

One more Micky, I've never seen any sex education with practice. No teacher would ask boys and girls to try it in the class benches. if so tell me which school is that I will aske for admission:)

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.