Discussion » Beijing Life » Looking for an English-speaking friend in Beijing

• Password636
    Password636 wrote:

Hi

Is there any possibility that I can find an foreign friend who comes from an English-speaking country and is a English speaker here?

I live in Beijing, male and 27 years old.  I worked for an American company and need to talk to some managers in US. I think my written English is enough for daily work, but not oral English. So I want to make a friend to improve my oral English. Below is some expectations about this friend I'm looking for:

- comes from English-speaking countries

- speak good English, of course

- live in Beijing and willing to make friends with chinese like me

- can talk face to face like friends do

We can do every thing together in our spare time, talking, playing, travelling, etc.

If you want to learn some chinese, that would be great because I'm very glad to talk with you!

I know it's not easy to find such a friend but I have to give it a try. If you are interested in this, please drop me an email to db_23@126.com. I'm looking forward to meet you and speak with you.

THANKS!

• Password636
    Password636 wrote:

Well, thank you guys but I don't like bars and pubs..

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... 琪琪 ... "Mate"? You from UK or Oz? And "Prey"? Heehee ... never mind that one ...

Password636 ... my guess is that you are new here, or at this forum?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... I am sorry, but the "mate" thing did make it a bit obvious ...

Oh, you are not? I could not have guessed ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... Andy ... what's wrong with being happy? Or trying to forget (ignore) sadness and all those unhappy thoughts ...

琪琪 ... hahaha ... "Mr"? Luv, did you want me to feel older than I am?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... somehow, I always think "Mr" is to lift the "generation status" (e.g. some people may use that to address even a teenager), hence it makes me feel older, "uncle", however, I have been hearing it for so long, I dont really feel much ...

• Xiao
    Xiao wrote:

Wow..This sounds so serious. I'll keep my mouth shut for now. I panic in front of serious people and serious issues.

• Erik Røger
    Erik Røger wrote:

fucking hell nothing wrong with saying mate, jesus get a grip.

so u gona sland everyone for saying buddy, pal or dude. fuck me grow up

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Oh well, I would do a language exchange, because the only people I talk to otherwise are girls and I speak Chinese like a little girl now.

But I'm not in China.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Mike Cottrill ... it is most certainly a "culture" thing ...

Once we had a casual reunion in Hong Kong, and one of my oldest school friends, came back from New Jersey, "warned" me in advance not to "mate" him ... maybe some American (or rather, Chinese American) are very "sensitive" about this, but the "funny" thing is that he finished his degree in UK, so he had definitely lost his "UK-ness" somewhere in US ... heehee ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

哈哈哈,我跟我妈妈,都比较喜欢"事头婆"(香港人对英女皇的其中一个称呼)的口音,那是比较纯正的英国口音。。。

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

呵呵呵,我的英文其实不算怎么好,广东话,尤其是香港口音的,倒是可以。。。我太太原来也不懂广东话,后来陪我妈看香港的电视剧和电影,由只懂得看字幕,到现在大部分都听得懂,但还是不肯说。。。

• Password636
    Password636 wrote:

Yes. I'm new here. I don't believe you guys have talked so long and so well, especially nothing to do with my business...... Just kidding. I'm still trying and waiting...

• Jenelyn Tambago

莫明

dude, i have the same problem. I talk like a gay guy. Got all the girly bad habits now.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.