Discussion » Feedback & Suggestions » To admins here

• Kate
    Kate wrote:
    First of all, I don't wanna cause any troubles to your website, please understand. Yesterday, someone of you deleted my posts in that thread about "facebook" movie. I was repling the post directly, meanwhile asking a question why China blocked some websites. Not more than 5 mins, 2 of my posts are gone :( I don't have mood to re-write my posts now, and I have to admit, I was bored and just let the words out randomly (hey, it's so innocent words, don't you guys feel it?) Why are you so cautious? I'm not sure if you read Chinese websites, I think Chinese people talk about facebook, etc issues are more serious and open online with more brutal words. It got no problem, as long as you don't keep doing something secretly longtime behind CCP, you will be all fine. Could I get a chance to talk about this issue openly here? believe it or not, China welcomes good, gentle, friendly advices from foreigners. and The worst situation your site might encounter is maybe a "warning" from some so called authorities. No one will dare to shut down your site just because my post, come on. Don't be so fussy. I'm kind of dreaming and also making effort here, some day we will get some sites back to normal. Such as google, too. -----:( if you del my post again, xxxxxxxxxxxx-----(只能无语了)
  • Charlotte Klemp

Dear Kate,

I deleted it by myself. Sorry, nothing against your post but the discussion had potential of running to weird. I didn't want the whole thread being deleted by admins (which happened before here) and thus I did it by myself.

If you want true answers to your question, well that would be a sensitive topic and answers would be against at least one of the rules that are stated below when you start a new topic.

Or do you want us to answer you with more harmless fairy-tales??!!

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

I've had this conversation with admins often enough that I was prepared to answer in 飞鹿's place. Yeah, it's fine to talk about some things to a limited extent on sites owned or connected to the Chinese government, but, as I understand it, this one isn't. kate, I'm sure you know that certain parties would love to find any excuse to shut down a foreign owned website that takes profit away from nationally connected ones like baidu, xiaonei, sina, etc.

Although if we don't give them one, they might have to make one up like they did the first time they blocked a certain international superpower-searchengine around 18 months ago. :-D

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... 莫明 wrote "a foreign owned website that takes profit away from nationally connected ones", so you mean WLIB is actually here to make money? I thought these guys are charitable org ...

• 外交猫
    外交猫 wrote:

I get the sense that WLIB is not deleting posts anymore.  I've written some ridiculously inflamatory and anti-government stuff on here in the past few months -- especially since the Nobel situation developed -- and none of my posts ever seem to vanish. 

I'd feel guilty if WLIB got shut down because of the stuff that we talk about, of course, so I don't hate on them if they decide to delete something.  But it seems like they don't censor things like they did sometimes last year.

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

DD, yeah, I turned off my adblock for a few seconds earlier today to make sure some websites were loading correctly, and it turns out there are ads posted on this website (not just the ones from Vics et. al.)

Kate, I didn't quite follow this sentence. Can you rephrase please? I assume you are talking about the U.S.'s hedgemonic power trip? (You can say all the bad things that you want about the U.S., they won't be censored.) "I think the real top party don't like to see these certain parties certain activities, but they are lack of a useful administration channel to control the whole system run on same way."

Ethan, I've noticed that too. Someone said they're not deleting things now except when requested. The change is definitely welcome. I guess maybe this site still doesn't get enough traffic for the powers that be to concern themselves at the moment.

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Qiqi, I am not involved in any kinf of activism related to anything that China officially opposes, so no I have not.

I did have a friend who was involved to a minor extent in a documentary regarding something that China does restrict discourse over, and she was forcefully deported.

I'm a CIA spy anyway, so the govt isn't too worried about me since of course I'm just going to propogate the lies of certain western powers. They're much more worried about what Chinese people think.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.