Discussion » Nonsense » The hardest thing in BJ?

• Jyj
    Jyj wrote:

What do you find most difficult in bj?

what's most difficult for you living in bj?(or China) I suddenly wonder...

• Simen Stensvoll
    木有房子
  • N-Die 北京的法国人

For me, what i don't enjoy the most is...

1) Go buy some clothes : i suffer about i can not look quietly at clothes, you always have at least 1 or 2 annoying sellers on your back...i run away everytime, im allergic to this selling method

2) Do administrative tasks (bank, chinapost...)

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    sorry for that when I saw this topic, the first thing popped up in my mind is my dick... really sorry > <
  • Charlotte Klemp

extending visa without the help of an agency

• Simen Stensvoll
    above,be careful that u may get preganant
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    well, seriously, I find no difficulties to live in Beijing except the terrible traffic!
  • Kent Løset
    Kent Løset wrote:

Making profit from taking photos for Luga's restaurants. (The little bastard used the pictures, but refused to pay AFTER the job was done). In a hopeless attempt of trying to make him understand that my services aren't free, I realized my time would probably be better spent teaching pigs how to fly.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... to get WLIB to fix the bugs :)

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    actually I love the sand storm. it reminds me one day when I was in high school (2002?), the sky turned to be dark orange at noon, isn't it fucking awesome? ha. and it also helped us understand two thing: 1, scattering of light. 2, Tyndall effect in nature ;)
  • Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

No sea!!!!!!!!!!!! No sea-gull!!!!!! No sea fishing anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

Seagulls are not a good thing! We have to many in my city. They're huge and live off rubbish.

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

a pure and simple friendship between women and men (out of ur family XD), something very common in my country and very uncommon here. 孟子 and 孔子 always watch close

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

Kieran, do you like Kangaroo? If yes, they are the haters for aussies... , but you dont have that much in UK.  People treasure those you dont have... :)

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... Kieran ... I was once "bombed" by pigeons :)

Stephanie ... that may be why we eat them!

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

Stephanie, Kangaroos don't live in the city and attack your cats!

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

+1 Dafan. I had the same thought. About my dick, not your dick. That would be gay.

But really I'm surprised Dando wasn't the first one to post it. He must be off getting high.

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

@Kieran, just feed those poor seagulls properly, then it wouldn't attack cats... I am wondering how tastey would be of a seagull BTW? :p

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    @莫明,maybe Dando's somewhere proving his is the hardest one~
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    hey Andy, don't you think it's good thing? for that they got practice before get on to your bed. You don't want to do it with a 25 years old virgin right? that would be totally a weak sause
  • G
    G wrote:

people are talking about different things...traffic or 18 yrs virgin...which is among the hardest thing in here...

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Ming,

I tried. I wasn't online that day. I think I was off getting high, but I can't remember.

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Dando, I don't actually believe you poke half as much smot as you smoke you say. I think you're too busy reading.

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

慢慢學習,謾駡向上。

• Erik Røger
    Erik Røger wrote:

Haha DaFan ya beat me to it!! Exactly what i was gona type. Some of these topic titles just ask for it...haha

• Solveig Smørdal Botn
  • Charlie Park
    Charlie Park wrote:

no social ethnics..  no private space ... in .any transportation

And TOO MANY 垃圾  <- This is not real 垃圾  

• Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:
    老板不发工资,还是那种不是不想发,是没钱发的那种。哈哈
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Qwertryt ... dont mind me, but if you need to find job, you dont usually get reasonable salary, on the other hand, if the job comes to you, you dont get reasoable salary either ... because it is most likely "unreasonably high" ... I once worked as a English trainer in a Taiwanese firm, and they often recruited "left overs" from Lucent, and they were paid those unreasonably high salary, only because the boss himself came from Lucent ...

... but if you are good, the job will find you ... good luck :)

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

Hard to get a fair judgement between a Chinese and a laowai.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Qwertryt ... there is an old Chinese saying 穷则变,变则通, which means something like: when one is poor, one needs to change/adapt, then find a new way to become better ...

If your problem, like me, is that you are not a true native speaker, then you might want to find out how you stand out from the crowd (your difference, or edge), then use that to your advantage ... for example ...

One month ago, I had dinner with a friend from Hong Kong, but she was actually born and raised in Europe ... being that she is Chinese (by DNA) and most people in HK (with similar experience) have fairly good English skill, her advantage in Hong Kong is not so obvious ... but if she is in China, she does stand out from among the crowd, being that she has her Chinese appearance, while also speaks native, and has overseas working experience etc ...

So, think about your "edge", and then make use of it ... hope that helps :)

• Simen Wangberg

"to get high without being paranoid"

Try basil. Or chilling out.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... I actually (and honestly) know what you meant, because I had the same experience, though I was just trying to explain it from a different angle ...

I had also visited many of those job fairs in the past, some even specifically for expats, but most of them were looking for teachers (mostly English, some were specific subjects, and with a very small number looking for technical experts) ...

I only said what I said, because we have the examples from "both ends" in our family ... I came here to look for a job, and my wife was given a job to come here, and guess who is higher up in the food chain? (I hoped that sounded funny!)

Someone from overseas once asked me a similar question, and my advice to him (based on my own case and observations about others) was to go back home, i.e. leave China, find a job that offers possibility to come to China, then given the opportunity, you could be picked or offered to come back here ...

In a word, it is not only about the experience or expertise, but more about the opportunity ...

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

I don't think there are any good opportunities in China unless you want to work for yourself, in which case there are amazing opportunities. If you either don't have money or the right connections or an interest in entrepreneurship, then I don't think there's any reason to be working in a place like Beijing.

The exception would be people who want to learn Chinese (me) or people who are white or black, speak some English, and didn't or couldn't work wherever home was, because the 10-20k/mo they can make as English teachers is better than the wages back home for a lot of these folk.

• Jenelyn Tambago

I have a list:

1. Spitting people...everywhere...it's like a mouth parade, jjjjrzz sssssttzzzz thup!
    2. Internet
    3. Male Public Bathrooms...peed all over...
    4. What careless Chinese people are with public space...garbage everywhere, everything written on, paste papers on and obviously spitted on...
    5. Traffic
    6. The lack of foreigners, i hate being watched so much as a weird bug.
  • Xiao
    Xiao wrote:

Wow, you have a LIST. Life must have been hard for you.

• Jenelyn Tambago

Very hard, I'm mainly moving to China cause my gf. So the change is hard specially if I'm not THAT interested in the country. I like it here but not SO much. Why? the list i just gave. So quit the irony...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... Pablo ... yeah, I have heard, she likes talking about you :)

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.