Discussion » Current Events » 孔子和平奖 Confucious Peace Prize

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

"In Beijing, a group of academics has awarded the first Confucius Peace Prize to Taiwan's former vice-president Lien Chan for brokering warmer ties between Beijing and Taipei.

The head of the prize jury, Tan Changliu, a professor at Beijing Normal University, said the award had planned for "a long time".

Lien Chan was not present to receive the award - his office in Taiwan said it knew nothing of the prize and he would not be travelling to China to pick it up."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-11957724

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

I've been following this. A wonderful PR non-event.

• 外交猫
    外交猫 wrote:

It's supposed to be China's alternative to the Nobel.  But apparently the organizers didn't clear the idea with the right people in the central government: CNN and BBC have been getting their TV signals cut all day long whenever they bring up the Confucius Prize, because they can't do a story on it without at least mentioning Liu.  And as soon as they mention Liu the screen goes black.  So all day China has been censoring news about what was supposed to be its own reply to the Nobel Committee.

Their idiocy is sometimes breathtaking.

• Shane
    Shane wrote:

Lol... thats like the guys in china who say "I have my own company" Which really means they spent the 100 bucks to register a company in the US, bought a cheap suit at YaXiu, and are currently teaching kindergarten (no offense to Kindergarten teachers)

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... but I dont buy a cheap suit at YaXiu, because I cant afford one :)

This is more a (as Kieran said) PR to draw Taiwan closer to the mainland, many similar events had happened to Hong Kong and Macao, and is still happening ...

Q: is this prize even genuine? or is it just made up two weeks ago?

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

I have my own modeling agency. Jon Gu is my photographer - ladies, please see him for details and tryouts.

• Desipen
    Desipen wrote:

I thought that both the goverments of China and Nobel Peace Prize committee are nonsense.......

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    as a minimalist who oppose almost all governmental organizations/"eggache" non-governmental organizations, I consider gov, of C and Nobel "Peace" Price committee wanker and masturbator, naughty kid and puppet~
  • Simen Wangberg

"I consider gov, of C and Nobel "Peace" Price committee wanker and masturbator, naughty kid and puppet~"

+5

(毛)

EHEHEHEH

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    应该加3块8毛钱才对:0.5RMB+50cents*6.6=3.8RMB,嗯~
  • Desipen
    Desipen wrote:

congratulate,  Da Fan, somebody would be a moneybags,hahahaha.......

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    yeah, I receive funds from both CCP and CIA, lol
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    嗯,他们是土鳖,好歹也应该叫个"庄子和平奖"什么的
  • 哎呀
    哎呀 wrote:

"CNN and BBC have been getting their TV signals cut all day long whenever they bring up the Confucius Prize, because they can't do a story on it without at least mentioning Liu.  And as soon as they mention Liu the screen goes black. "

Ethan, I can watch CNN from the TV of my apartment, and I have to say, so far no trouble at all when I watch those two mixed hilarious news - Confucius and Nobel Peace Prize.

• Simen Stensvoll
    老子和平奖更靠谱

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.