Discussion » Current Events » CHARITY

• ALEX OFORI
    ALEX OFORI wrote:

“I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again”. ~William Penn

WHAT CAN WE DO TO HELP THE FUTURE LEADERS TO DAY, TO MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE TOMORROW. IDEAS ON HOW TO HELP DEPRIVED CHILDREN AROUND THE WORLD.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... I think ... the first step would be to rip away all discriminations (prejudice, ignorance), and "teach" people to see others as they would like to be "seen" ... and then it might become easier to talk about "help" ...

... but this is really not realistic, because we know that people sees things based on what they have experienced, including sight, sound, smell, touch etc, and also what they have not experienced ...

... in the past, I would donate to a charity that has a good reputation without a second thought, when I was outside China ... however, with the last few major disasters in China, and from what I have "heard", I have concerns about where my money is going ...

So, first, there is the "people" ... next, there is the necessary "transparency" ... but of course, there are other "forms" of help, and my guess is that you were not only talking about cash?

• Micky
    Micky wrote:
    First, play your own parts well then others will join you. Is it possible to wipe away greed from our leaders? Is it possible for the black and white to come together?.... There're so many questions that needs answer. But the most important is "What should "I" do to better the life of my fellow human being" NOT what shall "WE" do. For me, I have decided to be charitably disposed towards all men and woman and to do my best so as to make life less irksome for the underprivileged.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.