Discussion » Nonsense » BOOKS: exchange, borrow,lend, sell,seduce.

• Soryu Asuka
    Soryu Asuka wrote:

is it possible to set up a group here in this website for books exchange, second handed selling or info exchanges?

it happened to me when i am buying some books in joyo.com, but found some of the english novels are really expensive that would probably make me go broke if i buy 10 every week....sorry i am just too poor...

Knowing that most of people here would hardly pay any attention on topics like books,

i still wanna ask, if anyone by chance have Paul Auster's Sunset Park, and don't mind to borrow it to me? Bloodly want it but just soooo expensive, sorry for being mean ..

http://www.amazon.cn/mn/detailApp/ref=sr_1_1?_encoding=UTF8&s=books&qid=1291712279&asin=0805092862&sr=8-1

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Q: the link does not work?

• Shane
    Shane wrote:

I mainly came here because "seduce" was part of the title line.... dissapointing.

You should go to the Book Worm on 三里屯南街. It is like a small foreign-books library where you can borrow 2 or 3 books at a time. You have to pay for a membership, but if you are a big reader its well worth the money.

And also: You really read 10 english books a week?

• Shane
    Shane wrote:

lol i was about to say.... I am lucky to read 1 book in 10 weeks :)  Always busy with other things

Well, the people who work at bookworm are very nice, maybe if you stop by and ask them they can help you order it or suggest places that have these kind of book-trade events

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ...

It used to be ... I have run out of salt (or sugar or milk) ...

Then ... I need a language exchange partner ...

Now ... we exchange books ...

Asuka ... dont mind me, I love my books and I dont like to exchange, but I do have some e-version (PDF and other formats) ... if you are interested, I can dig them out and give you a list later ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

... sorry, what I meant to say, is that I dont have this specific book you are after, and I care about my books that I dont like to lend or exchange (I think someone here still kept my books), but if you are interested to read something else, in other e-formats, I would be happy to get a list and send them over to you ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... JZ ... you need to touch a "book" that is not a "book" ...

Asuka ... so true with PDF or e-format in general ...

Example: I have downloaded the first 14 books in the Anita Blake series in some non PDF format, but I had hardly read any of them, instead, I'd buy them (the missing ones) without much of a thought and started "caressing" them (hahahaha, have trouble not laughing when I tried to do this the JZ style) ... but I wont print off PDF, because carrying A4 paper is not as much fun as a book ...

• Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:

Asuka, it is quite possible to set up a group through the website for exchanging books. Just select groups from the menu and create a new group. Actually, it's a great idea.

The Sequoia Cafe has monthly book swaps on the first Staurday every month. They also have board game activities, there as well. It's a fun to spend an afternoon and get to meet some new people as well.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.