Discussion » Nonsense » Could I get a wise thought?

• John Alejo
    John Alejo wrote:

We wanted to change to world when we were young, what happened? U think it'd be easier when you can reach 1 million people in an instant? Is everyone numb from the random bulls**t?

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

知人者智
    自知者明
    胜人者有力
    自胜者强

• Xiao
    Xiao wrote:

People's idea of their being able to change the world is wrong and unacceptable in the first place. Imagine if camels, for example, talk like that, people would laugh for sure. It works the same way. Camels might be laughing when you talk like that.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... my empty skull is humming ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahahaha ... I know that I dont have a brain, camels have empty skulls too?

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

I certainly would never laugh at a camel for showing a bit of belief; I am reminded of Margaret Mead s words:

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

and I have it on record that she had a pet camel who was in complete agreement with her.

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

[...]Because, you see, we grow out of this world in exactly the same way that the apples grow on the apple tree. If evolution means anything it means that, and this is discovered by the scientist when he tries to describe .. exactly what you do. He finds out that you, your behavior, is not something that can be separated from the behavior of the world around you. He realized then that you are something that the whole world is doing. Just as when the sea has waves on it. Alright, the sea, the ocean is waving, and so each one of us is a waving of the whole cosmos, the entire works, ALL THERE IS! And with each one of us it's waving and saying, "Yoo hoo - Here I am!" Only it does it differently each time, because variety is the spice of life.
    Alan Watts - from the lecture "Who Am I?"
    Seems that there isn't something like: me against the world

O_o

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.