Discussion » Travel » Is there anybody who wanna go Tokyo? Guide provide

• Amanda Wei
    Amanda Wei wrote:

As title~~

time: 31st Jan - 15th Feb

PS: not searching a companion~~ just doing a favor and making friends for extra~~~cuz bf gonna go back to tokyo with me for visiting but i already have been there half of my life so i just thought maybe there ll be more fun to be a guide for several friends than one person. And it gonna save some travel fee if visit some interests or theme parks by group (can buy group tickets which is half price of orignal one)~~

Provided: guide(me~~), hotel resevation(have to book my bf's anyway so~~), translator(me again~~~ lol) =P

Not provided: travel fee (of course), visa(someone neednt visa, like UKer =PP), flight tickets(i can help to book if u need~~but sorry that i only help to book the tickets from beijing to tokyo)

• Ekki
    Ekki wrote:

how much are flights from beijing to tokyo?

• Ekki
    Ekki wrote:

whoa, is that one way or return tickets?

• Simen Wangberg

For reals? Round-trip for 3-4k? That is kind of awesome. And also seems impossible.

• Simen Wangberg

Scratch that. I just checked ITA and United has a Beijing-Tokyo round-trip for RMB2,711. I'm going to fucking Japan. Eventually.

• Ekki
    Ekki wrote:

me too!! eventually.

• Simen Wangberg

Although really, the problem isn't getting there - it's staying there. I've heard it's hella-expensive, although I have no idea of the conversion rate for yen vs. renminbi and don't really know what daily costs are like over there.

A couple friends visited last year (from the States) and broke the bank, I can only conclude that it would be even worse for the rest of us that are earning Chinese salaries. FML. I'm still going some day.

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:
    Japan is a good place to go... I recommoned too... beside here you've been offered a nice tour guide.. Just not sure whether freedom travel VISA is available or not... We've been there with travel agency last time...
  • Simen Wangberg

You are kinda a good guide...

except that most visitors are not going to stay in Japan for more than two weeks, let alone a month.

I guess we can do the math ourselves and figure out how much it will cost to stay in a dorm-style hotel (usually referred to as a "hostel") per day.

I'm more curious about the actual day-to-day expenses: food/drink/entertainment/etc.

A cheap beer in a bar in Beijing usually runs around 10-15RMB, maybe a little more. Cover charge for a concert ranges between 20-50RMB, unless it's a well-known local band or a touring foreign band. Tourist-y shit goes all over the place, but I'd hardly expect to pay more than 50RMB to enter a temple or public square or whatever else.

Not gonna bother speculating on hotel/motel/hostel costs, as I have no idea what those should or could be in China, let alone in Japan.

Japanophiles (if that's even the right word?) and tourists, sound off - how much does it actually cost to spend a week or so in Japan? Disregard any shopping/sex tourism/other stupid bullshit - if I go, it'll be purely for the cultural aspect.

Well, and the HOLY SHIT I CAN BUY SCHOOLGIRL PANTIES OUT OF VENDING MACHINES aspect. I'll work that into my budget as it allows.

• Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

Staying in Tokyo didn't cost that much about five years ago. Granted we didn't stay in Tokyo for very long and spent most of the time in Mt.Fuji area(which has the best hostel I've stayed in the world, and is cheap) and Yokohama, but I don't remember it being that expensive compared to UK prices(which are, admittedly, high anyway).

• MichelleG
    MichelleG wrote:
    i was planed to Tokyo,but it's so hard to get visa for private travel ,not with travel agency.
  • Marte Joahansen

If we have 13 people travelling, I'ld make it 14.

I guess the higher the number of people travelling,

the more interesting the journey becomes.

• Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:
    i was planed to Tokyo,but it's so hard to get visa for private travel ,not with travel agency. yeap MIchell:that s japanese policy which put against chinese .so never mind we will transfer to Europe for private travel^^

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.