Discussion » Beijing Life » BeiJing folks,need your suggestions

• NN
    NN wrote:

So,this is to the kind beijinger,if I got the plan that have a WHITE CNY in BeiJing for around 8 days,then where is the good places to go?And what fun I could get from those places?I know BeiJing is a historic and modern city,so I would prefer I could discover from both sides,not like what normally people do in beijing,such as go to the great wall/The Imperial Palace etc otherwise chill out in sanlitun.For sure,I would like to check out the beijing clubs/bars,and see whats the difference in between beijing and my city,but if I could ever find some artistic places,that will be perfect.So yes,I want something special,plus,I do interested in the local cultures and food.The last question,may I have a idea on whats the weather like in beijing duirng CNY?And whats the degree normally?Jesus,I bet 'm gonna frozen if it is below or even lower then 0 degree.

Thanks for your folks and have a good weekend!

• Webslave
    Webslave wrote:

first you have to consider that Beijing will be empty during the CNY vacation time, for a week, all those who came from all parts of the nation to work/study here in Beijing will return home, leaving Beijing a really quiet place.

I suggest you to rent a car and drive around in Beijing yourself! Cuz at any other time, you wont be able to do that if you are not used to crazy driving habbits and fearless pedestians.

as for art, i guess you know those commenly known places like 798, Cao Chang Di or Song Zhuang. But not sure if those places will be interesting, especially around the CNY vacation time.

As for food and culture, i guess it might be interesting to find a traditional chinese family in one of those nice hutong yards and learn how to cook dumplings and other traditional dishes and celebrate the CNY with them.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

"I got the plan that have a WHITE CNY"

Why white? Shouldn't it be yellow, or red?

• Da Chuan
    Da Chuan wrote:

go to tian an men .gu gong .yi he yuan ..gu lou da jie . jianguomen .sanli tun . hai dian .

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

798 for art

San Li Tun for bars

• Lucia
    Lucia wrote:
    Pan jia yuan famer market ,you can find all kinds of fake ancients.it 's interesting .I alway go there for fun.
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    White CNY? umm...it should be red or green I think. Seriously, Beijing's a quite a quiet place during CNY, maybe two thirds or more dwellers would go home. I prefer the idea of rent a car, and when you feel like walking for a while, just stop at where you are, and walk

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.