Discussion » Current Events » Dalai Lama Retires!

• Pavoir Sponse
  • Xiao
    Xiao wrote:

Good for him.

• Webslave
    Webslave wrote:
    his job was "public life"
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... his real name is actually Elvis P, as rumored :)

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

The Dalai Lama is my favorite person on the CIA payroll.

No, really. Dead serious. Most people on the CIA payroll are motherfuckers. Dalai is at worst a mere asshole compared to the rest.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Nikola,

U MAD 'cuz I'mma 'bout to grind your sacred cows into hamburger. Cry about it.

It's real fuckin' easy to say, 'cuz it's true. Uncle Sam doesn't give a fuck about Tibetans. Dalai gets his support from the West because the area is strategically important for the purposes of containment.

That said, I'm American, and I've dabbled in Buddhism. One of my favorite university professors has met Dalai. I think he's probably a swell guy, but he's a tool. Plain and simple.

You seem to be laboring under the delusion that Buddhism is exceptional and that theocratic states founded upon it are benevolent utopias. Hate to burst your bubble, but this mythic Shangrila doesn't exist. Very few Tibetans yearn to go back to the "good old days" when a majority of them were treated like slave chattel.

I don't particularly care for many Han Chinese people's patronizing attitudes toward the western provinces, either. But I'll leave it up to someone like Da Fan to open that can of worms.

• Undermoonlight

Always a puppet, either in China (back in the 1950s, he was "crowned" as the vice chairman of the People's Congress) or in exile...But unfortuantely, he seems to want more--a displacement of the role that he ought to play, which makes him pathetic...

• Undermoonlight

He has to BE FAMOUS...otherwise, how could he make money?...Nowadays, being famous, somehow, is a commercial operation...

• Undermoonlight

Of course, Money!!!...What can he expect from those poor Tibetans? Faith? I think you are kidding...political interests are always related to personal interests...he needed funds from the West to support his CAREER, and if he can't be famous by doing sth EXTRAORDINARY, if he can't attract believers, if his words fall into deaf ears among the tibetan population--who would support him? ...Political reality is not dirty, while having too much naivety is kind of pitiful...He is always in the position of being a puppet, just like the British and Japnese monarchies...do you think Tibet would have continued to be acutally reuled by a religous leader after the 1950s, if CPC hadn't "liberated" the area?...Bear in mind, my petty friend, politics always serve for power and interest...

• Undermoonlight

And the central philosophical inquiry in the post-modern era is to deconstruct the false and deceptive ideas based on the traditional metaphysics and draw human perception closer to the reality...i.e. to prevent things such as brainwashing from happenning again, although there are still lots of such kind of things going on in the world...Christianity is also a sort of brainwashing...Education and the media, both in China and in the west, are still spreading ignorance among people...As Voltair said, sardonically, that some books were just intending to make people crawl on the ground like animals... 

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

@Dando Z 单独子, ummm, I'd rather leave the roll to Undermoonlight, since I'm enjoying the txgiving vacation, and I think it's of much more fun to watch the N and S Koreas' game play :D

well, if I need to say sth, I'm really tired of words like ***tion, ***ism, bunch of names that make no sense, and fake questions that have no use except put things to a dead loop. 

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

and also my view on this guy, I mean Dalai: he is nothing but a meat puppet. (vacation time, so only opinion, no explaination available right now~)

• 哎呀
    哎呀 wrote:

"I have a classmate in university, a tibetian, sound supporter of Dalai, he told me majority of tibetian support Dalai and he himself did travel with trucks to Naipual for meeting him. I don't believe his saying about *majority of tibetian*. But I don't think my classmate did that because he or his family is brainwashed."

I think it's true. The majority of Tibetan people still believe in Dalai, treating him as their another father. Many of them carry his photo wherever they go.

Dalai Lama has two identifications. One is as a political leader, which is not welcomed by Chinese, including most Tibetan people. The other is as a religion leader, which is still recognized by all of his followers.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.